Whichever Team Wins the Lombardi

Harlan Lachman

Jan 21, 2011, 5:27:12 PM1/21/11
If I am right, the Owners are hoping to gut the union with a lock out
and everything is just posturing. The players are right about the TV
deal and the collusion on salaries. But so what. By the time it is all
resolved, if it is...

That means, who ever hoists the Lombardi may be the last team to hoist
one for awhile. Letting the owners play with their toys like the kid in
the Nissan commercial who destroys his cars could end up killing or at
least severely damaging the golden goose. Look forward to a 20 game
season, rookie caps, hiding more money from the pool and giving less of
the pie to the players, more restrictions on FA (as a "hidden"
cost-cutting move to restrict demand), and maybe even playoff games
overseas.

Imagine if we do win. It will shock the football world so much they shut
down the candy store.

harlan