R.I.P. Al Davis

1 view

Tutor

Oct 8, 2011, 12:52:54 PM10/8/11
Despite the immense mismanagement of the Raiders over the past ten
years, the man was a titan in the world of football and made the game
what it is today. I will always be immensely grateful for his
contributions to the sport.

He was a Brooklyn boy who turned around the world of professional
football. It is only fitting that his team's final victory was over
one of its original arch rivals, the NY Jets.

Just rest, baby.

R�vNsf�n �

Oct 8, 2011, 3:49:52 PM10/8/11

Señor Patriots

Oct 8, 2011, 9:47:28 PM10/8/11
On Oct 8, 11:52 am, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Despite the immense mismanagement of the Raiders

I suppose the talent evaluation and the coaching evaluation was not
very good, but I also have to say that it's probably not so easy to
get all that right either. Everybody whiffs.

It looks like Dan Snyder is finally getting it right after years of
throwing money away, but it may also be that Al was right there with
Snyder in getting it right. The Raiders are not a bad team. His move
for Seymour was a pretty good move.

BTW, the Pats did get an excellent OT in return this year, a kid who
is starting already, but that doesn't mean Al didn't also get a good
deal.