Slauson... Jets line...

Michael

Sep 29, 2010, 4:15:18 PM9/29/10
I watch the Jets-Fish game on NFL Replay last night. I concentrated
on watching the line... Woody looked a lot better than he did in the
preseason. Good news that he's not sliding as a lot of people
thought. Mangold and Moore did a good job of it too. As far as
Slauson... So long as he's locked up on his guy, he does a nice job on
both run blocking and pass blocking. He also seems to have solves any
problems of hand placement that he had in college. His problems come
when he has to make any adjustments. His feet are not very fast and
he looks awkward trying to get himself reset. Once he gets into open
space or squares up to run and pull he's not too bad off. I'm not
sure if his problems at adjusting his position can be fixed or not.
It is serious, because in pass protection he's going to face dt's that
will cause big problems if he cant recover and reset fast/clean
enough.

papa.carl44

Sep 29, 2010, 4:51:45 PM9/29/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

He lacks coordination...this isn't sophomore year in high school...it ain't
gonna change much....hand placement is not that big a deal compared to his
feet.....he needs to be stronger probably in the upper body to compensate
for some feet issues...overall....he would do better as the right tackle
maybe?

Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Sep 30, 2010, 2:23:23 AM9/30/10
On Sep 29, 5:03 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> I thought Woody had a really good game, pretty much nullifying Wake.
> Yeah, Slauson's feet are a problem.  In the end, I suspect he'll become a really solid
> backup.

Good that you three, at least, have caught on to Slauson's lack of
foot dexterity. Beat yas to it by three weeks. Nah nah nah na nah.

John C TX

Sep 30, 2010, 9:19:34 AM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 1:23 am, Johnny Morongo

Giant pre-season game