vaunted defense

Tutor

Dec 19, 2010, 5:56:32 PM12/19/10
yeah right.

Tutor

Dec 19, 2010, 5:58:07 PM12/19/10
On Dec 19, 5:56 pm, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> yeah right.

now its time for our vaunted offense to go 3 and out. Run up the gut
on first down? Lets see

Percy Flage

Dec 19, 2010, 6:13:04 PM12/19/10
On 19/12/2010 22:56, Tutor wrote:
> yeah right.

To be fair, 94 yards is the longest drive they've given up since Rex
took over. They're the #3 ranked D in yards allowed and that includes
the game @Pats.

--
Percy Flage
"Life is too short to have to explain everyday."

Harlan Lachman

Dec 19, 2010, 11:50:21 PM12/19/10
In article
<ff9daabc-8a0e-4442...@39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
Tutor <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> yeah right.

Well the safety was pretty sweet. And, they did not give up the TD at
the end.

I did not like the rushing 3 during the last series but it worked on the
last two plays.

Tutor

Dec 20, 2010, 1:17:22 AM12/20/10
On Dec 19, 11:50 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <ff9daabc-8a0e-4442-8c38-4a6716dae...@39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,

>  Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > yeah right.
>
> Well the safety was pretty sweet. And, they did not give up the TD at
> the end.
>
> I did not like the rushing 3 during the last series but it worked on the
> last two plays.

Nice play by Taylor. I doubt he'll be back next year. The D held on,
but it always seems disorganized and they give up a ton of 3rd down
conversions. Way too many.

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Dec 20, 2010, 12:41:57 PM12/20/10
In article
<4f763e72-f75e-465b...@39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Well the safety was pretty sweet. And, they did not give up the TD at
> > the end.
>

> They obviously made some adjustments after the 1st drive of the 2nd
> half.

> > I did not like the rushing 3 during the last series but it worked on the
> > last two plays.

> Did we put anymore pressure when we rushed 4 or 5?

John, I thought that when we rushed three, Rapistburger made the
decision as to when to throw. I thought when we rushed 4 (and it could
have been five but I thought 4 with the first watching), eventually
someone was going to make him move out of the pocket or get to him and
he had a little less time to stand there like a patient statue.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Dec 20, 2010, 5:56:01 PM12/20/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Did we put anymore pressure when we rushed 4 or 5?
>>
>> John, I thought that when we rushed three, Rapistburger made the
>> decision as to when to throw. I thought when we rushed 4 (and it could
>> have been five but I thought 4 with the first watching), eventually
>> someone was going to make him move out of the pocket or get to him and
>> he had a little less time to stand there like a patient statue.

> I will re-watch it.
>
> The one thing that killed me was their 1st TD. Why the hell was Pool
> not standing in front of the TE? He had help behind. Would n't that
> be the football equivalent of putting your foot on the baseline or
> boxing out the shooter on a foul shot?

IF they were in some kind of zone coverage...it is hard to tell with Rex's
allignments.

JetsLife

Dec 21, 2010, 12:24:27 AM12/21/10
On Dec 20, 4:13 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Did we put anymore pressure when we rushed 4 or 5?
>
> > John, I thought that when we rushed three, Rapistburger made the
> > decision as to when to throw. I thought when we rushed 4 (and it could
> > have been five but I thought 4 with the first watching), eventually
> > someone was going to make him move out of the pocket or get to him and
> > he had a little less time to stand there like a patient statue.

> I will re-watch it.
>
> The one thing that killed me was their 1st TD.  Why the hell was Pool
> not standing in front of the TE?  He had help behind. Would n't that
> be the football equivalent of putting your foot on the baseline or
> boxing out the shooter on a foul shot?

All the more troubling as the Jets have been scorched multiple times
by shallow TD receptions the past 2 seasons. That is at least the 3rd
in the past 4 games (Spaeth, Brandon Marshall, Shipley/Cincy). I know
they've allowed at least one or two more shallow TDs this season
(Welker game 1 vs. the Pats), and who can forget last year's Atlanta
heartbreaker Tony Gonzales TD.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Dec 21, 2010, 10:06:13 AM12/21/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010121911/2010/REG15/jets@steelers#tab:watch

Pap, I'd be curious to see what you think. Is it bad defense by
Pool?

Go to Spaeth TD

????? I sure can't see enough on that clip. We need to know for sure what
coverage they were in....it looks two deep...but is it two deep zone and man
under? If it is that, the LB blew it and then it is just the bad matchup
you don't want to get with a pass that quick....I can't see enough there to
tell....but it does look like they were looking for a play at the back of
the end zone....like some have said before, a lot of this D is
gambling...trying to predict what the play will be based on tendencies etc.
They were in sometning that looked soft and expecting a play at the end
line.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Dec 21, 2010, 3:12:32 PM12/21/10

> http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010121911/2010/REG15/jets@steelers#tab...

> Pap, I'd be curious to see what you think. Is it bad defense by
> Pool?
>
> Go to Spaeth TD
>
> ????? I sure can't see enough on that clip. We need to know for sure what
> coverage they were in....it looks two deep...but is it two deep zone and
> man
> under? If it is that, the LB blew it and then it is just the bad matchup
> you don't want to get with a pass that quick....I can't see enough there
> tell....but it does look like they were looking for a play at the back of
> the end zone....like some have said before, a lot of this D is
> gambling...trying to predict what the play will be based on tendencies
> etc.
> They were in sometning that looked soft and expecting a play at the end
> line.

Thanks Carl. I was curious if it was just awful positioning but I
guess it isn't that simple.

I watched it over and over...the camera is on the O too much and I can't see
where the reactinons are...we can see that they are two deep...but they
could be playing halves....if they are man under, we don't know who the TE
is assigned to...but I'm guessing it was a LB....I wish we had a whole field
view of it...one thing is for sure...Rex can disguise some defenses really
well at times.