Shot gets away with murder

JKConey

Oct 12, 2010, 2:48:14 AM10/12/10
Seems like every damn week, he screws up something big time. Tell me why
he has Sanchez throwing 44 times, in the wind & rain, when they're running
all over the place, especially in the 1st half? LT for 12, LT for 10, LT for
15. If LT Gets stopped once for 2, it means 3 straight passes, instead of
going back to the run. There is simply NO EXCUSE for clock issues like what
happened in this game. 3 stuffed runs for zero is better than taking a
chance on incomplete passes. They go over this stuff a million times.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Message has been deleted

Coach Lon

Oct 12, 2010, 9:35:02 AM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 7:14 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> And he's over-using LT, & under-utilizing Shonn.
> Great he's giving the players more of an opportunity to make plays, but he still has
> issues with how to utilize his talent... not to mention his inopportune play-calling
> issues.

Shotty makes me cringe, and is living off the high level of talent on
this team. Last night's last 2 minutes is exactly what I'm referring
to...and where is Rex on this? Jets deserved to win-but deserving has
nothing to do with it.

Glenn Greenstein

Oct 12, 2010, 10:12:06 AM10/12/10

As someone said last year, a lightning bolt could have hit Cotchery
last night and someone here would be blaming that on Schott (I think
it was Grinch).
If we ran LTII all night, someone here would be saying "Why didn't he
pass more", if we ran ran Greene more while LTII was killing them,
someone hewre would be saying "Why is he giving the ball to Greene
when LTII is on fire".
If we had run the ball on that play where we wanted the clock to hit
2:00 and got stuffed, someone would be saying "Why are we being so
conservative at the ends of close games?
Oh, btw, the clock mismanagment was on Sanchez. He took the snap with
about 5 seconds left. You wait until the clock is at 1 second before
you take the ball.
Oh, Greene sucked for most of the game untill that last series where
he scored the TD. Had we given Greene the ball all game we would have
rushed for about 70 yards as a team. Green doesn't make the kind of
runs LTII does.
The fact is, the Jets as a team played poorly. Sanchez was off
especially in the second half, catchable balls were being dropped even
when it wasn't raining and Revis played about as bad as I have ever
seen any DB play. Harvin was killing him and it was Harvin, not Moss
that did the major damage. On his first TD, Revis passed him off to
the S way too early. On the second TD, he got toasted.
Rex better re-evaluate these banzi blitz's with Revis island now
becoming a resort.

John C TX

Oct 12, 2010, 10:32:38 AM10/12/10

Glenn, I am with you. Tim Hasselbeck basically said the same thing
this AM. If some plays were made it could have been much easier. Fans
also don't give the other team enough credit when they play well.
Favre has never done that before? Percy H is a stud and that catch &
pass impossible to defend.

There were a few things that could have been done differently. I
really wish I could remember the TO situation at the end of the 2Q and
if that drove the choice of 3 pass plays. I would love to watch that
game with an end zone view. Was Keller in 2X all game?

Tutor

Oct 12, 2010, 10:46:29 AM10/12/10
> game with an end zone view.  Was Keller in 2X all game?- Hide quoted text -

you have to admit there was some really peculiar play call decisions
last night. Very little sense to some of it and no rhyme or reason at
times. But there are also lots of fabulous play calls each and every
week that Schott gets zero credit for. THe game plans (and execution)
have been mostly excellent. I do agree with BuRf about the under
utilization of Greene and the overuse of LT. We are going to need a
healthy, fresh and quick LT for the home stretch and hopefully the
playoffs. Frankly, I don't think this is Schott's call here. I see
it as 100% Rex, proving to the world that he was "right" in signing LT
(and shedding T. Jones).

Hard knocks comments from him and Tanny related to this issue: "I love
it when I'm right". "Yup LTs got nothing left" or something to that
effect.

Rex: we get it. You were right. Now start to preserve LT and
utilize your bulldozer - Shonn Greene more. Please!

John C TX

Oct 12, 2010, 11:19:31 AM10/12/10

There were a few. At the end of the 1st half I am not sure of we were
out of TO's. Is that why we threw it 3X's? If we had a TO why not at
least one run as it was a monsoon? The clock management --play
calling--at the end of the 4Q was suspect but like game one if catches
are made it dramatically changes the game.

> I do agree with BuRf about the under
> utilization of Greene and the overuse of LT.  We are going to need a
> healthy, fresh and quick LT for the home stretch and hopefully the
> playoffs.  Frankly, I don't think this is Schott's call here.  I see
> it as 100% Rex, proving to the world that he was "right" in signing LT
> (and shedding T. Jones).
>
> Hard knocks comments from him and Tanny related to this issue: "I love
> it when I'm right".  "Yup LTs got nothing left" or something to that
> effect.
>
> Rex:  we get it.  You were right.  Now start to preserve LT and
> utilize your bulldozer - Shonn Greene  more.  Please!

I wouldn't argue any of these points.

Glenn Greenstein

Oct 12, 2010, 11:29:09 AM10/12/10
> utilize your bulldozer - Shonn Greene  more.  Please!- Hide quoted text -

I think it has to be situational. the Vikes Front 7 are very good. I
don't think you run Greene against that with his running style and
have a lot of success. As much as I would like to see LTII get rested,
I like winning games more and tonight, the cutting ability of LTII was
what made the difference in the run game. After the Vikes got a bit
wrn out in the end ws when Greene got some good runs off.
As for the play calling, I really didn't think Schott has called a bad
game since the Ravens. Nobody calls a perfect game and this one was
far from perfect, but running that trap play for LTII was pretty
smart.

Tutor

Oct 12, 2010, 6:28:47 PM10/12/10

"consider the points made by this long time Jets fan, one whose
opinion is fairly well respected on the board to which he posts (I
tend to agree with him here):

I felt going into this season the Jets had a chance to be very good if
one thing happened, Sanchez became a good QB who could be more than a
game manager for a lethal running attack.

This is the first year that Shotty has had any QB not be in a QB comp
in preseason. It's the first time he had any returning QB ever with
the starting job before TC. It's also the first time he has had
substantial weapons together in TC.

Sanchez right now is ahead of every QB in his draft class and probably
ahead of every QB drafted in the last 5 years with the possible
exception of Matt Ryan. Think coaching had anything to do with it.
Think Rivers and Brees might be elite because they were around this
guy?

This team for 4 straight weeks has run a balanced O, moved the ball,
scored points and has been an outright nightmare for teams to defend.
There is no film that is going to allow a team to take away our O
because of it's balance and unpredictability.

You can nitpick about specific plays in specific spots but to say he
isn't a good OC is absurd.

4 weeks against pretty good competition our O has scored points, moved
the ball and been very desciplined as far as penalties and turnovers.
We have mixed it up, opened up both the long and short passing games,
play action, trap blocking on the run, the stretch play. This team is
a nightmare to defend. That is the sign of a very good OC."

and this one (with which I also agree):

The thing about Schotty (for me) is not his system for the most part,
it's the play-calling. There are times during a game where it's almost
palpable that certain phases of the playbook are being forced. At
other times there is a general lack of flow. (to BuRf's point from
many prior posts)

Now, I have to admit that I am seeing this a lot less this season, so
I can only presume there is a maturation process going on with Schotty
as a playcaller coupled with Sanchez' development as a second-year QB
in the same system.

All of that said, I am in favor of continuity, and Rex is as well.
Sanchez' development is paramount to everything else, short of the
system he is learning being detrimental to said development, which
Schotty's system isn't. Sure, keeping the OC here made things easier
on the defensive-minded coach, but ultimately I think it came down to
continuity, and later, development of a young franchise QB.

John C TX

Oct 13, 2010, 11:09:07 AM10/13/10

You know my opinion.

The good news is if we lose Scott that Sanchez is on his way and if we
can hold on to Callahan we are probably OK.

Message has been deleted

John C TX

Oct 13, 2010, 11:53:09 AM10/13/10
On Oct 13, 10:48 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> As an aside, anyone know why people call him *Dirty Sanchez?*
> I see this on boards, & haven't a clue - - only about this... everything else, I am fully
> clued  ;)

I foolishly asked that of some 30 somethings I play ball with & they
all soiled themselves laughing.

Around ten years ago I did the same thing to them when I asked what a
camel toe was.

MZ

Oct 13, 2010, 11:53:05 AM10/13/10
On 10/13/2010 11:48 AM, buRford wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:09:07 -0700 (PDT), John C TX<johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As an aside, anyone know why people call him *Dirty Sanchez?*
> I see this on boards,& haven't a clue - - only about this... everything else, I am fully
> clued ;)

Oh gosh.... who wants to tell him?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted