Re: Patriots trade Maroney to Denver

Message has been deleted

Beiselbub©

Sep 14, 2010, 5:14:12 PM9/14/10
On Sep 14, 2:32 pm, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Being reported by ESPN.com. Deal is Maroney and the Pats' 6th round pick
> in 2011 for the Bronco's 4th round pick in 2011.

Is that all they got for him? A 4th, and threw in a 6th?
Unbelievable. Belichick's reputation as a genius is utterly
undeserved.

MZ

Sep 14, 2010, 7:10:29 PM9/14/10

What else are they supposed to get for him? He's in the last season of
his contract and he's already injured.

Message has been deleted

MZ

Sep 14, 2010, 7:55:30 PM9/14/10
graybeard wrote:
> I have to admit I was really mistaken on Maroney. I was bummed when the
> Pats drafted him because I thought he would be a star in the NFL. Did
> injuries hurt his productivity that much, or was he just overrated?

A little of everything. Shows flashes, then gets hurt. Or shows
flashes, then starts fumbling. I wouldn't be shocked if he became a
pretty good running back some day. Very fast and can make some things
happen in the open field. Also runs with power (then gets hurt).
Really a strange player..

Beiselbub©

Sep 14, 2010, 8:18:04 PM9/14/10
On Sep 14, 5:10 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:

Come on, MZ. You really think Maroney is only worth upgrading a six
to a four? On a team that routinely spends a fifth rounder on a
player like Burgess? (Or a third rounder for a guy like Duane
Starks?) They got hosed by Josh I-traded-away-anything-worthwhile McD.

Ray O'Hara

Sep 14, 2010, 8:46:25 PM9/14/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

he's a dancer. he always looked like he should do better but never panned
out.

MZ

Sep 14, 2010, 9:25:25 PM9/14/10
BeiselbubŠ wrote:
> On Sep 14, 5:10 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:

Those weren't smart trades so I won't measure this one against those. I
just don't see them getting much more for him than what they did, and
his usefulness to the team is limited if they planned on keeping
Benjarvus (which they seemed to be leaning towards, given his
contributions on special teams and ability to play FB).

Message has been deleted

John C TX

Sep 15, 2010, 10:14:29 AM9/15/10

They did well.

As I posted elsewhere I wish we had Washington to trdae right now.

papa.carl44

Sep 15, 2010, 6:20:57 PM9/15/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

They did well.

I keep saying this, and not just to irritate people....I'd like to see them
trade Revis Island for a QB Island that works.