Schotty Inked Through 2012!

Rex

Nov 25, 2011, 2:39:46 PM11/25/11
Jest thought you'd like to know!
espn.go.com/nfl see the side bar with latest stories

JKConey

Nov 25, 2011, 3:14:58 PM11/25/11
"Rex" wrote in message news:2MYEVZ8W4087...@reece.net.au...

Jest thought you'd like to know!
espn.go.com/nfl see the side bar with latest stories

Disppointed & disgusted.

-- "Ladies & gentlemen, do not panic. The Tingler is loose in THIS theater.
SCREAM.... SCREAM FOR YOUR LIVES!"

JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
www.facebook.com/MyConeyIslandMemories

Tutor

Nov 25, 2011, 5:09:39 PM11/25/11
On Nov 25, 3:14 pm, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Rex"  wrote in messagenews:2MYEVZ8W4087...@reece.net.au...
It's not a big deal. They rarely keep anyone around in a "lame duck"
year. It is customary in the NFL to edxtend a contract through the
end of the following season to avoid the "lame duck" year syndrome.
It doesn't mean the coach will actually stay for for that extra year.
Just that the team must pay him for thatyear if they cut him loose.
(or pay the difference between what a new team gives him and what the
extension provides). IMO, this has no bearing on whether they keep
Schitty or Schitt-can him.

Papa Carl

Nov 25, 2011, 5:19:08 PM11/25/11

"Rex" <rr7...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Jest thought you'd like to know!
> espn.go.com/nfl see the side bar with latest stories

Wonderful....at least now I have a reason to bag this all together and just
watch teams worth watching. If there is not some kind of shakeup in the O
staff...they are not serious about this deal at all. OMHO

Papa Carl

Nov 25, 2011, 5:26:18 PM11/25/11

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Good...thanks for the explanation. :-) LOL Schitt-can him.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 25, 2011, 6:33:52 PM11/25/11
On 11/25/2011 2:09 PM, Tutor wrote:
> On Nov 25, 3:14 pm, "JKConey"<jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> "Rex" wrote in messagenews:2MYEVZ8W4087...@reece.net.au...
>>
>> Jest thought you'd like to know!
>> espn.go.com/nfl see the side bar with latest stories
>>

>> Disppointed& disgusted.
>>
>> -- "Ladies& gentlemen, do not panic. The Tingler is loose in THIS theater.
>> SCREAM.... SCREAM FOR YOUR LIVES!"
>>
>> JK Sinrodwww.MyConeyIslandMemories.comwww.facebook.com/MyConeyIslandMemories
>
> It's not a big deal. They rarely keep anyone around in a "lame duck"
> year. It is customary in the NFL to edxtend a contract through the
> end of the following season to avoid the "lame duck" year syndrome.
> It doesn't mean the coach will actually stay for for that extra year.
> Just that the team must pay him for thatyear if they cut him loose.
> (or pay the difference between what a new team gives him and what the
> extension provides). IMO, this has no bearing on whether they keep
> Schitty or Schitt-can him.

First off, Dave, great line. But - in the article cited below, there's
also this note:

"Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and defensive coordinator
Mike Pettine were extended during the offseason through at least the
2012 season, a team spokesman confirmed."

Sounds more serious than your "lame duck" supposition. Surely you don't
think that Pettine's position is in that same kind of jeopardy, do you?
I really think that if we are at all to get rid of the Schitt it'll be
because he, of his own volition, takes another job, say in the college
ranks. Other than that, Marty's hold on Woody's pecker will ensure that
Brian's job is secure, as this extension suggests it is.

Ritchie

Nov 25, 2011, 6:58:15 PM11/25/11
On Nov 25, 2:39 pm, Rex <rr7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jest thought you'd like to know!
> espn.go.com/nfl see the side bar with latest stories

Marty and Brian must be giving Woody some excellent head! God I am
beginning to hate this entire team and its staff! I am almost to the
point of cheering against them!

Tutor

Nov 25, 2011, 7:08:28 PM11/25/11
> Brian's job is secure, as this extension suggests it is.- Hide quoted text -

Neither would be coordinator with less than a year on the contract, so
yes, I think both were extended to avoid "lame duck" coaching
syndrome. That doesn't mean they intend to keep both, one or
neither. it's just standard in the industry and doesn't really mean
anything. Frankly, I don't think Pettine does all that much either.

Michael

Nov 25, 2011, 7:31:49 PM11/25/11
On Nov 25, 2:39 pm, Rex <rr7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jest thought you'd like to know!
> espn.go.com/nfl see the side bar with latest stories

if schotty is back i wont be renewing my season tickets

Papa Carl

Nov 25, 2011, 8:03:50 PM11/25/11

"Ritchie" <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote in message
LOL....where do you watch the games? We can get together...feel exactly the
same way.

graybeard

Nov 25, 2011, 8:43:15 PM11/25/11
On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 20:03:50 -0500, "Papa Carl" <papa...@verizon.net>
wrote:
I think it's really sad and a goddamned shame that I now find myself
hoping the Jets will not make the playoffs, just to see if that would
teach Rex some humility and keep him from further embarrassing Jets fans
with any more blowhard "guarantees". Of course, I'm not sure anything on
this earth can do that.
--
graybeard

Papa Carl

Nov 26, 2011, 1:33:09 AM11/26/11

"graybeard" <gray...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
I'm just wondering how extensive this feeling is. My son was a diehard
fan...he said he can't reclaim that feeling anymore because of all the saged
drama and bad decisions by management. I feel like Ritchie and Gray.

Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Nov 28, 2011, 12:09:41 AM11/28/11
On 11/27/2011 6:41 PM, buRford wrote:
> While this extension gives me the heebeejeebees (whatever they are), with the investment
> they've put into Sanchez, I cannot believe they'd waste another year with this
> inconsistent (I'm being nice) offensive design.
> Of course, this IS the Jets, so I guess they'll probably give Schott a contract for
> life... or better yet, they'll fire Rex& elevate Schott to HC,& bring back Ted Cottrell

You are one cynical MoFo, bro.

Tutor

Nov 28, 2011, 3:00:29 AM11/28/11
On Nov 27, 9:41 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Thing with Pettine, he's still kind of a figurehead.  Rex is much more involved with the
> D.
> Not to throw a wrench into your thinking on Schott... but try this...http://tinyurl.com/cd2a245
>
> Sunday, November 27, 2011
> Schotty signed through 2013
> By Rich Cimini
>
> EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer received a contract
> extension last offseason through at least 2012, ESPNNewYork.com reported Thursday.
>
> Turns out that he's signed through 2013, ESPN Insider Adam Schefter reported Sunday.
>
> That could complicate things a little bit if the Jets decide to make a change after the
> season. It means they'd have to eat two years of his contract, which means more than $2
> million.

> While this extension gives me the heebeejeebees (whatever they are), with the investment
> they've put into Sanchez, I cannot believe they'd waste another year with this
> inconsistent (I'm being nice) offensive design.
> Of course, this IS the Jets, so I guess they'll probably give Schott a contract for
> life... or better yet, they'll fire Rex & elevate Schott to HC, & bring back Ted Cottrell
> to run the D.- Hide quoted text -

ugh. Don't know what to say. We just got to hope he gets a HC gig.
Unless the Jets are prepared to pay him for 2 years after firing him
at the end of the season.

John C TX

Nov 28, 2011, 9:01:29 AM11/28/11
Adam Schefter is only a hair behind Mike Florio in getting it wrong.
Now it could be true but it might not be two years.

Some questions:

What does he do to earn $2 MM? Top coordinators get paid that.
Why do you think this is on Woody Johnson & not on Ryan? If Schott is
a bad as you say -- I may be there but Sanchez keeps letting him off
the hook-- wouldn't Rex see that? He likes being a head coach and I
would hope that all his coaches are the best he can get & work with.
This is also contrary to woody just being about the money.

Let me throw one more conspiracy theory into it. He likes or dislikes
Callahan and this controls him or forces him out. He showed up in
2008. Is he still under contract in 2012?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted