Defense, O-Line, QB: Jets v. Cowboys, In General

JetsLife

Sep 8, 2011, 4:42:28 PM9/8/11
Always interesting to find ways to evaluate an upcoming match up and
teams in general.

Had the thought: defense, o-line and QB. If a team has those three -
and not necessarily in that order - it seems it should be a
competitive outfit.

Looking at Sunday's game, I think the Jets have the edge at defense
and o-line. QB I'll give a slight edge to Romo due to his experience,
but Romo has documented meltdown capabilities and can be careless with
the ball, so to me it's close between he and Sanchez.

Defense: conversely this may only be a slight edge to the Jets. For
one, Dallas has a one-man wrecking crew in Ware. He can singlehandedly
alter the course of a game. Further they have some good talent in
their remaining front seven.

But perhaps most important, they have Rob Ryan orchestrating who is a
damn good D coordinator in his own right. Last year he & his Cleveland
defense did a very good job slowing down the Jets offense last year.

But with Dallas's top 2 corners apparently out due to injury, gotta
give the Jets the edge at defense.

Regarding Dallas's o-line: from what I've heard it's a legit work in
progress and if they're rookie 1st round tackle can't play due to
injury, that work only gets harder. Hopefully the Jets D can manage to
tee off on Romo a bit.

Otherwise lots of folks seem to be discounting Dallas this season ...
I think that could be a mistake considering how they performed under
Garrett last year - and that was with Kitna at QB.

All fired up for Sunday's game, pre-game fan jitters have already
begun!

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Señor Patriots

Sep 10, 2011, 2:45:11 PM9/10/11
On Sep 8, 3:42 pm, JetsLife <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote:

> Otherwise lots of folks seem to be discounting Dallas this season ...
> I think that could be a mistake considering how they performed under
> Garrett last year - and that was with Kitna at QB.
I agree. It's a mistake to discount the 'Boys. Rob Ryan will have
that defense playing better. That we can take to our local bank. The
Dallas offense has always been potent. So there is the 1 + 1 in my
book. I will not be shocked to see them win the division. I think
the Eagles are too hyped and the Cowboys will be flying under the
radar with zero pressure on them.

I expect the Jets and 'Boys to give me the type of game I have always
loved to watch: Defense dominating with a close finish.

Same with Pats-Dolphins I suspect because the Dolphins have a better
defense than most people want to admit.