On the bright side: Jets can clinch playoff spot Sunday

1 view

yoyodog

Dec 8, 2010, 7:39:07 PM12/8/10
http://tinyurl.com/3x4uujl

The New York Jets (9-3) can clinch a playoff spot this weekend. Here's how,
according to the NFL:

1. The Jets beat the Miami Dolphins; the San Diego Chargers lose/tie to the
Kansas City Chiefs; the Jacksonville Jaguars lose/tie to the Oakland
Raiders.

OR:

2. The Jets win; the Chargers lose/tie; the Indianapolis Colts lose/tie to
the Tennessee Titans.

OR:

3. A Jets tie, and losses by the Chargers and Colts, plus a loss or tie by
the Raiders, would also clinch a spot.

Harlan Lachman

Dec 8, 2010, 11:50:46 PM12/8/10
In article <idp8hj$9iv$1...@news.datemas.de>, "yoyodog" <NOS...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

No way I keep this in my head. If we are lucky enough to play well and
win versus the Fish, redeeming the season, not because I am happy we
beat another suspect team but that we will have swept our long time
adversary, please let me know what happened.

harlan

Keith Keller

Dec 9, 2010, 1:34:14 AM12/9/10
On 2010-12-09, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article <idp8hj$9iv$1...@news.datemas.de>, "yoyodog" <NOS...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3x4uujl
>>
>> The New York Jets (9-3) can clinch a playoff spot this weekend. Here's how,
>> according to the NFL:
>>
>> 1. The Jets beat the Miami Dolphins; the San Diego Chargers lose/tie to the
>> Kansas City Chiefs; the Jacksonville Jaguars lose/tie to the Oakland
>> Raiders.
>>
>> OR:
>>
>> 2. The Jets win; the Chargers lose/tie; the Indianapolis Colts lose/tie to
>> the Tennessee Titans.
>>
>> OR:
>>
>> 3. A Jets tie, and losses by the Chargers and Colts, plus a loss or tie by
>> the Raiders, would also clinch a spot.
>
> No way I keep this in my head.

It's really not that much--ignore the Jets tie, since that's so
unlikely, and you want to root against San Diego, Indianapolis, and
Jacksonville. And realistically the Raiders won't beat the Jaguars, so
now you're just looking at the Colts and Chargers to lose.

> If we are lucky enough to play well and
> win versus the Fish, redeeming the season, not because I am happy we
> beat another suspect team but that we will have swept our long time
> adversary

Of course. We might as well get a giant roll of stamps if the Jets
can't beat the Fins at home, because if they can't win that game the
Jets will need to hire Jim Mora to do their postgame news conference.

--keith

--
kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)

Harlan Lachman

Dec 9, 2010, 8:53:54 AM12/9/10
In article <6s96t7x...@goaway.wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>,
Keith Keller <kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> Of course. We might as well get a giant roll of stamps if the Jets
> can't beat the Fins at home, because if they can't win that game the
> Jets will need to hire Jim Mora to do their postgame news conference.
>
> --keith

Now that is funny, although the type of sick humor to make one turn
(Denny) Greene.

harlan

Message has been deleted

Grinch

Dec 9, 2010, 1:39:44 PM12/9/10
On Dec 9, 1:34 am, Keith Keller <kkeller-use...@wombat.san-
francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> ... We might as well get a giant roll of stamps if the Jets

> can't beat the Fins at home, because if they can't win that game the
> Jets will need to hire Jim Mora to do their postgame news conference.

:-)

> --keith
>
> --
> kkeller-use...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us

> (try just my userid to email me)
> AOLSFAQ=http://www.therockgarden.ca/aolsfaq.txt

> see X- headers for PGP signature information- Hide quoted text -

Keith Keller

Dec 12, 2010, 10:25:31 PM12/12/10
On 2010-12-09, Keith Keller <kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> Of course. We might as well get a giant roll of stamps if the Jets
> can't beat the Fins at home, because if they can't win that game the
> Jets will need to hire Jim Mora to do their postgame news conference.

Someone remind me never to joke about the Jets' playoff chances again.
And bring me my roll of stamps.

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Dec 13, 2010, 9:14:56 AM12/13/10
In article <tqbbg65lv0d845qnm...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 19:25:31 -0800, Keith Keller
> <kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:
>
> >On 2010-12-09, Keith Keller <kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>
> >wrote:
> >>
> >> Of course. We might as well get a giant roll of stamps if the Jets
> >> can't beat the Fins at home, because if they can't win that game the
> >> Jets will need to hire Jim Mora to do their postgame news conference.
> >
> >Someone remind me never to joke about the Jets' playoff chances again.
> >And bring me my roll of stamps.
> >
> >--keith
>

> Come on, man... after watching this team this season, are you really
> surprised by these
> last two games?
> The miracle, is that it took this long to catch up to their play ;)

Actually, Burf, what is amazing is how you just pointed out that for all
his failures as a Qb, at times, Sanchez has looked good enough to win.

To me, that indicates with an OC who does not cripple the offense,
Sanchez might be able to helm an offense that averages more than five
points a game (more than the average points per game of our four losses
-- and only one of those four teams was in the top 5 of defense and only
two were, according to Football Outsiders, in the top ten defenses).

eric

Dec 13, 2010, 9:56:26 AM12/13/10
francisco.ca.us> wrote:
> On 2010-12-09, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
>

> > In article <idp8hj$9i...@news.datemas.de>, "yoyodog" <NOS...@yahoo.com>

They messed up that one too. All I saw on the postgame was Rex.