Unintended benifit of Nnamdi fail...

Michael

Sep 21, 2011, 11:28:55 AM9/21/11
The Jets brass wanted Nnamdi and crapped out. It might have worked
out better in the end. Nnamdi cant return punts like Cro... Cro also
appears to have a major chip on his shoulder... In the end, the a
motivated and "dissed" Cro may be better for the Jets than Nnamdi
would have been. Once the Jets signed Cro again, I predicted that
he'd have his best pro year and would out-do Nnamdi... Looks like Cro
prophecy is on the way to taking shape. Nice job, Tanny... Since we
cant give him props for Wilson and Ducasse, at least he can get credit
for Cro. It was not intended, but what the heck...

Señor Patriots

Sep 21, 2011, 1:56:16 PM9/21/11
You might as well take the ST advantage. To me that's counts more
than defense in this new sport. To me the defenses of the league can
no longer keep up with the offenses. We are watching an entirely new
sport. This sport is dominated by offenses and ST. ST are especially
potent for putting up points within a few seconds, and deflating the
other team emotionally.

Maybe I'm wrong and this is due to the strangeness of a lockout
season. We'll know in a few more games, but I don't expect the trend
to change. The defenses are just not able to dominate right now. The
message to me is: Find ways to score points or you're going to lose a
lot of close games.

Mark Zarella

Sep 21, 2011, 4:11:06 PM9/21/11
If the league made defense harder to play, then don't you think
they've made STs (kickers and KR in particular) a hell of a lot harder
than that?

Papa Carl

Sep 21, 2011, 5:39:21 PM9/21/11

"Señor Patriots" <roam...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I think I agree and I think some guys who "get it" like BB follow suit and
get on the band wagon. This is the way the game is being played, and rules
are setting it up this way. Some stuff gets called a TD that would never
have been that back in the day.

Michael

Sep 21, 2011, 6:59:26 PM9/21/11
On Sep 21, 5:39 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Se or Patriots" <roamin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
i dont like the direction the game is going in. it is bs. if a db
looks cross-eyed at a wr, he gets a flag. the rules for line play
gives all the advantages to the offense. if you dont hug and kiss the
qb when you sack him you get a flag. if you plaster a wr, you get a
flag. no three man wedge... kick it closer to mid field so there are
no more exciting run backs. they are turning the game into fast food
bull shit for people that dont know what real football is. even worse
than that... football was born of american blue collar folk. i guess
too bad for them that they cant afford tickets to the games now. i
for one done want to watch one pampered jeark-off play a game of catch
with another pampered jeark-off. i want real football.

Papa Carl

Sep 21, 2011, 8:27:38 PM9/21/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Lord have Mercy ! Has Hell frozen over????? Did the earth change is
direction?????? I am in total and complete agreement with Michael, and not
only that but with his description of it. I grew up in a blue collar town,
with factories and a lot of working class people. The entire town turned
out for a Saturday football game. People would show up at an office at the
high school all week long to secure a ticket because at some point they
closed the gate. People would sit on the rooftops of houses all around the
field which was NOT near the school but on the East End of town and easily
accessible. One coach had been there for decades and was loved by all, an
icon in town. We had a Freshman Team, a Sophomore Team, The JV Team and the
Varsity. Everybody came out for the sport. And it was not a flashy game at
all. A lot of the time it was two TE sets and a full house backfield.
Sometimes we'd throw and even run out of a split with a flanker but not if
we couldn't move the ball first by pounding it. If we lost a game, we went
from the game field to the practice field for a "learning session."
And...it was very good for me, and I suspect a lot of others. I would never
have made it out of college without it and that tough background in the
sport.
I'm not saying we need to go back to that...but this sucks...totally
sucks...but it fits right in with the way the power structure feels about
the working man. I am so damn glad I was taught to respect a man because of
who he was and how he treated me, not by the job he had. I was told if the
man worked at all...it was dignity. My best friends on the team were a kid
who lost his Dad in the war, a kid whose Dad was a doctor, a kid whose Dad
worked in the factory across the street from the football field, and my Dad
who worked in an explosives plant...and the game taught us we were all the
same. I'm sick of the crap they play today...but, I watch it :-)

Señor Patriots

Sep 22, 2011, 12:47:41 AM9/22/11
Yes, but we've still seen some kick returns go for points too (Harvin
against the Bolts). I think returners are now taking some risks by
starting so deep in the end zone, but it's still the same opportunity
to break one for points. Besides that, punt returns can still change
field position dramatically.

Cromartie seems to be an impact player on ST, so I will have to stick
with what I said. To lose that would take away a nice weapon. To get
a better corner might be nice, but against a Brady offense who really
cares if you take two receivers out of the game? Take 'em. There's
plenty more where those came from.

Señor Patriots

Sep 22, 2011, 12:57:49 AM9/22/11
On Sep 21, 5:59 pm, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
>  i want real football.
There is still some there, but it's definitely shrinking. The running
game is full of good football, but who is running the ball any more?

Speaking of the working class fans, I can't stand the expensive club
boxes where people go inside and don't even engage in the game except
by monitors. To me that says what the owners think of the working
class fans that made their sport possible. They really don't give a
rat's ass. They want to pack the joint with cokehead banksters and
brokers.

Then they bitch about no fan noise. Well, shit, they're all stuffing
their faces with pate and wine. Who wants to watch a game with all
that crap going on?

At Gillette they were charging 50 bucks to park two years ago. I
don't dare to ask what it is this year. This is a recession and a
depression for working class people, and millionaires don't mind
charging 50 bucks for you to park.

It's not just griping either. I can afford the 50 bucks, but it
pisses me off that they are doing this to the fans. It just rubs me
the wrong way. The league is desperate for more revenue and they are
willing to sell out the sport inch by inch to attract new types of
fans (who probably never really become fans, but spend a lot of money
when they do show up.)

Well, it's still better than being a baseball fan. Zzzzz Zzzzzzzzzz,
wake me up with it's the seventh game, last of the ninth, two out, and
two strikes on the guy. I may want to see grown me jump up and down
for a few minutes before I go to bed.