why does nfl network do this?

MZ

Aug 26, 2010, 6:39:10 PM8/26/10
Pats game is at 730 I think. NFL Network won't be airing it until 11PM.
I checked the Direct TV schedule and it's not showing that it's being
covered. Is my only option to watch it at 11 (I don't want to watch it
online)? Why can't they air it live outside the home market? They're
not showing another football game in that time slot...

Ray O'Hara

Aug 26, 2010, 9:45:54 PM8/26/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

because your local stations don't want to pay to broadcast a pre-season
out-of-market game.
it's not a network production

MZ

Aug 27, 2010, 12:41:46 AM8/27/10

One would think that the NFL network, since they own the shit, would
make it so that they can broadcast out of market games since they
apparently don't let directv do it.

JKConey

Aug 27, 2010, 2:45:55 AM8/27/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

Why does it matter when you see a pre season game?

--
JK Sinrod
www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Deadmeat

Aug 27, 2010, 8:10:38 AM8/27/10

Probably because ESPN was broadcasting the Pack/Colts game at the same time.

MZ

Aug 27, 2010, 9:32:31 AM8/27/10

Because the bar closes before the second half begins.

Ray O'Hara

Aug 27, 2010, 11:51:39 AM8/27/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

which game would they send. several teams play at a time.
it's preseason and the interest for out of market games iosn't there.

MZ

Aug 27, 2010, 11:56:12 AM8/27/10

They should pick one game to play live instead of zero games to play
live. I know the interest isn't high, but it's gotta be higher than an
NFL Films documentary about the 1985 Bears, or whatever they played instead.

JetsLife

Aug 27, 2010, 12:46:30 PM8/27/10

Mark please post this Pats scheduling bunk in the Pats newsgroup. Jets
fans don't give a shit about when the Pats are on TV. Only thing we
give a shit about the Pats is destroying you guys.

MZ

Aug 27, 2010, 1:05:44 PM8/27/10

It was a general question regarding the NFL network. It was true not
only for the Pats game, but for all NFL games.

Deadmeat

Aug 27, 2010, 1:07:53 PM8/27/10

Again, they're not going to play a live game when ESPN has one at the
same time.

JetsLife

Aug 27, 2010, 2:27:20 PM8/27/10

Likely excuse. ;-) I'm just so charged up watching Patton. I had to
defend our territory!

papa.carl44

Aug 27, 2010, 7:57:27 PM8/27/10

"JetsLife" <Jets...@aol.com> wrote in message

If you get that way watchign Patton...don't turn of Glenn Beck...you'll
likely go out and shoot somebody.