Lucas nailed it....

Papa Carl

Sep 25, 2011, 8:16:39 PM9/25/11
If you listened to post game show...Ray Lucas called it totally
correct...and then, Klecko who gave everybody a pass in the grading even
said they can't keep running this unimaginative power running game...they
need to trap and do some other things....PLEASE let Klecko go tell that to
the jackass that is the OC...he can't get it...he is so freakin bad he can
not make an adjustment that any decent high school coach would make...they
run one freaking trap and it works..so never do it again.

This team is horrible...nothing good to look at at all. Both sides of the
ball.

Michael

Sep 25, 2011, 8:22:02 PM9/25/11

papa... i dont agree... the defense played good enough to win. they
got hoodwinked twice, but that did not cost them the game. the
constant problem game in and game out is schotty. cro made a mistake,
but the jets offense sucks. it is not the players. it is the scheme
and play calling. if schotty come back next season, i am cancelling
my season tickets.

Papa Carl

Sep 25, 2011, 8:41:30 PM9/25/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Michael....watch it again....they got hammered...they could not push the
attack back inside...the two top tacklers were Leonhard and
Cromartie....they got moved out of there on critical plays and the pass D
was weak too. Cromartie may have played the worst game of his career.

Michael

Sep 25, 2011, 8:58:51 PM9/25/11
On Sep 25, 8:41 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

papa... the raiders did some good things on offense. what was it, 14
raider points that came off of jet offensive and special team
mistakes ??? the jet offense cant do a thing the moment a defense
catches on to them...and that does not take too long... and then
schotty is not able to adapt.

how would you rant the jets defense in rex first two seasons ??? top
three ???

how about their offense ???

dig ???

i am not saying that the defense had a great game... i am saying that
schotty ALWAYS SUCKS. Even when the Jets win, their offense is always
bone-headed.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Papa Carl

Sep 25, 2011, 10:17:01 PM9/25/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
YES...Schott is always bad...and Rex apparently felt he could coach up a
defense to make up for the crap ass offense they played...well....I don't
care how they rated the last two seasons...I'm not talking about the last
two seasons, I'm talking about the play today...and it sucked. They were
not ready, they were not aggressive and they got pushed around by a team
that is not that good skill wise.

Papa Carl

Sep 25, 2011, 10:20:07 PM9/25/11

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> Lucas is good on SNY, although I didn't watch tonight. He tends to just
> tell it straight.
> The moderator, Custer, on the other hand, I find to be pretty ignorant
> about football.
> He called Schott the "resident offensive genius," a couple of weeks ago.
> 'Nuf said ;)

Lucas and Klecko put it on Schott tonight....Klecko brought up how vanilla
the running game is...his use of the English language is so limited it is
amusing, but he questioned the design of the plays and pointed out that
current D's tend to be so big and powerful you can't just assume you can
power them, need some traps and more inventive type plays....damn...that
says a lot, there is nothing creative about that offense at all. And...it
looks like Sanchez finds LT for a reception and then decides he will just
keep going there no matter what is happening elsewhere at times. They have
a LOT of work to do.

Michael

Sep 25, 2011, 10:35:31 PM9/25/11
On Sep 25, 10:20 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "buRford" <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> > On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 20:16:39 -0400, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net>
> a LOT of work to do.- Hide quoted text -

they can work from now until the cows come home... it is all up the
spout as long as schotty is there... they will work hard at spinning
their wheels. that guy is horrible. it is boardering on product
liability. i pay for those tickets... i pay for positive
entertainment... i am getting ripped off. schotty must go

oldn...@mindspring.com

Sep 25, 2011, 10:49:52 PM9/25/11
On Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:22:02 PM UTC-4, Michael wrote:
> On Sep 25, 8:16 pm, "Papa Carl"
> wrote:
> > If you listened to post game show...Ray Lucas called it totally
> > correct...and then, Klecko who gave everybody a pass in the grading even
> > said they can't keep running this unimaginative power running game...they
> > need to trap and do some other things....PLEASE let Klecko go tell that to
> > the jackass that is the OC...he can't get it...he is so freakin bad he can
> > not make an adjustment that any decent high school coach would make...they
> > run one freaking trap and it works..so never do it again.
> >
> > This team is horrible...nothing good to look at at all.  Both sides of the
> > ball.
>
> papa... i dont agree... the defense played good enough to win.

Giving up 234 yards rushing, 7.3 a carry, is "good enough to win".

Right? :-)

> they got hoodwinked twice, but that did not cost them the game.

Disregarding the little 70-yard "hoodwink" -- ** as if it didn't mattter ** -- leaves them giving up an average of 5.3 yards a carry on 31 carries.

In my experience, when *omitting* a 70-yard gain leaves you still giving up 5.3 a carry, you SUCKED.

But it's good enough to win, in your mind?

Cromartie giving up 4 penalties by himself on D was "good enough to win"?

Oh, and giving up 34 points is "good enough to win" ???

It seems like the "best defense in the league" has very low hurdles to jump to meet its goals.

> the constant problem game in and game out is schotty.

You know, this is getting to be too much.

Now you guys *really are saying* that when the D is physically overwhelmed, gives up 34 points to Campbell, 234 yards rushing, still, there's nothing seriously wrong that's not *Schott's fault*.

And there are a half dozen people here saying this. It's amazing.

It's also ... well, I've resolved not use harsh words to anyone here this year, so I won't say.

But I come to this group for interesting and intelligent discussion of football -- and this ain't it.

So maybe I'll be the next one to leave.

But seriously, for you all, maybe a goodbye question.

What's worse?

1) A middling talent, game management offense with a young unproven QB scoring 24 points, with 439 yards of offense, 360 passing, and time of possession advantage of 33:30 to 26:30.

2) A "Best in the League" defense giving up 34 points, getting crushed on the line, giving up 234 yards rushing at 7+ per carry.

Michael, pick one. No qulifications or explanations. Just pick one.

> cro made a mistake,

Well, at least *five* I could name.

oldn...@mindspring.com

Sep 25, 2011, 11:00:08 PM9/25/11
to bur...@bur.ford.com
On Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:22:53 PM UTC-4, buRford wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 17:22:02 -0700 (PDT), Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >On Sep 25, 8:16 pm, "Papa Carl"
> The O will receive little blame for this game, in the Media.
> It'll be all on the D...

Yup. That's what I sure expect the media opinion to be.

Rex himself started them down that road in his post-game presser: "234 yards rushing at 7.8 per carry, you can't win, this is something that's never happened to me in my career, we have to get this fixed".

And do you know *why* the media will take that line? Apart from Rex telling them to?

Because when the D takes a 34-point phyiscal crushing like this while the O scores 24, has 439 yards, and a 33:30 to 26:30 time of possession edge ... it **IS** on the D!!

Rex at least is honest about it.

Unlike so many here, for some reason he and the media don't think it is actually Schott's job to stop the other team's 234 yard rushing attack.

But wtf do they know?

> and the trip cross country.

Oh, I don't think anyone will be blaming that ahead of Cromartie, who plays on the D.

Except maybe Cromartie. :-)

Papa Carl

Sep 25, 2011, 11:36:04 PM9/25/11

<oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Except maybe Cromartie. :-)

NO....you are clueless...Rex will play that game to keep eyes off of what a
crap ass job he is doing running the ship...let them go off on what a stand
up guy Rex is...and let "poor Schotty" off the hook...the O sucks, Sanchez
sucks...and it puts a ton of pressure on the D which always has to pull the
damn game out...tonight it couldn't get done...and I suspect that before too
long Rex will begin to lose some guys too...they will get tired of busting
their asses while the O keeps screwing up...you can not throw the damn ball
away in situations like that, on first down with field position....I'm
agreeing the D was bad...but the O screwed the pooch on this one big time.
Rex will keep the focus off his boys to keep the eyes off the things he
seems to be incapable of handling..managing his staff.

Harlan Lachman

Sep 26, 2011, 12:22:47 AM9/26/11
In article
<28314263.1922.1317005392720.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnk41>,
Agreed!

JetsLife

Sep 27, 2011, 8:28:04 PM9/27/11
Michael, my main man, this is about as delusional as it gets. The Jets
defense gave up 27 points (I'll eliminate the Cromartie gaffe TD), a
shitload of rushing yards and got their asses handed to them from
whistle to whistle.

Do I have somewhat similar feelings about RexHeimer Ball? Of course.
Remember this is Rex's team/offense - not Schotty's

So never let Schotty shit mask defensive poopy. The Jets defense has
gotten shredded 2/3 of games this year. And going back to the AFC
Championship it has gotten flattened by opposing rushing attacks 2/4
last games.

I'm never one to support RexHeimer Ball and it hasn't been good, but
I'll also state other facts: the Jets defense hasn't been good this
year.

Michael

Sep 28, 2011, 12:06:17 PM9/28/11
> year.- Hide quoted text -

err... life... how many raiders points came off of jet turn overs ???

how many of the raiders running yards came off of very long plays that
could have been stopped. they did not bull dozer the jets for all
those yards by picking up five yards at a time up and down the field.