Re: Funny...

Message has been deleted

Papa Carl

Sep 11, 2011, 10:07:32 PM9/11/11

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
news:pdnq671daq9es467s...@4ax.com...
> ... how a thread about my whereabouts, turned into a Schott thread.
>
> Firstly, thanks for the concern... been busy & crazy, not necessarily in
> that order.
> Also, I'm honestly kind of apathetic about the team, for the first time
> since the
> Preacher's tenure. As Gramps said, I mentioned at the end of the season,
> I didn't know if
> I could take another year of our beloved OC.
>
> Just watching the first-half... Another change of some characters on
> offense... same
> results.
> Me, I'd have started the game rushing Greene right at Ware... wherever he
> was. Instead,
> pass, pass, pass.
> No scoring in the first quarter... 3 & out... 3 & out, etc, etc... then in
> crunchtime at
> the end of the half, miraculously, we move the ball, & score.
> Yup... it's Sanchez who sucks. His stats suck... blah, blah, blah. Not
> possible it has
> something to do with the offense he has to run... until it's hurry-up
> time, when
> miraculously, the team always moves the ball... & his stats are always
> great.
> Sanchez is Sanchez... probably will never be great, but he's good enough
> to win.
> He might be capable of 60-65 %, but not in this passive, schizo offense,
> which refuses to
> attack the opposing D. We've seen this script before.
>
> On D, until we have some kind of rush from the D-Line, we'll always be
> vulnerable to an
> attacking offense.
>
> Hope y'all be well.

Glad to hear from you...and once again we totally agree. The O line is
horrendous, to me that is a big step backwards...and Burress is useless, as
I think Mason may be too. How Mason doesn't make that catch I do not know.
Give me a call when you can.

Harlan Lachman

Sep 11, 2011, 10:42:13 PM9/11/11
In article <pdnq671daq9es467s...@4ax.com>,
Double ditto Burf. Dropped Direct TV NFL package so will watch much
fewer games. Obviously missing nothing. Going to be rather than waste
more time.

Nice to have you back, albeit briefly. We deserve better. For the second
consecutive year in a row, Shott opens the season with a turd.

Harlan

Percy Flage

Sep 11, 2011, 10:45:57 PM9/11/11
On 12/09/2011 02:54, buRford wrote:
> ... how a thread about my whereabouts, turned into a Schott thread.
>
> Firstly, thanks for the concern... been busy& crazy, not necessarily in that order.
> Also, I'm honestly kind of apathetic about the team, for the first time since the
> Preacher's tenure. As Gramps said, I mentioned at the end of the season, I didn't know if
> I could take another year of our beloved OC.
>
> Just watching the first-half... Another change of some characters on offense... same
> results.
> Me, I'd have started the game rushing Greene right at Ware... wherever he was. Instead,
> pass, pass, pass.
> No scoring in the first quarter... 3& out... 3& out, etc, etc... then in crunchtime at
> the end of the half, miraculously, we move the ball,& score.
> Yup... it's Sanchez who sucks. His stats suck... blah, blah, blah. Not possible it has
> something to do with the offense he has to run... until it's hurry-up time, when
> miraculously, the team always moves the ball...& his stats are always great.
> Sanchez is Sanchez... probably will never be great, but he's good enough to win.
> He might be capable of 60-65 %, but not in this passive, schizo offense, which refuses to
> attack the opposing D. We've seen this script before.
>
> On D, until we have some kind of rush from the D-Line, we'll always be vulnerable to an
> attacking offense.
>
> Hope y'all be well.

Ayup BuRf, glad you're well. I agree there's always something just not
quite right with the play calling, but hang in there, we'll be in with a
chance on *most* games.

--
Percy Flage
"Life is too short to have to explain everyday."

Papa Carl

Sep 11, 2011, 11:45:31 PM9/11/11

> Honestly, they kinda stood pat this off-season... where were the
> improvements we needed?
> Safety? The OL? The DL pass-rush?
> Burress vs Braylon... not really much of an improvement.
> Mason vs Cotch... to me a step down.
> Wilkerson may turn out a player, but he's not out of the box...
> They wasted a lot of time on their misguided Aso plan.
>
> This game shouldn't have been so close. I just don't see Supe until we
> have a competent
> OC, who can design an offense that will score points in the 1st quarter, &
> let the D have
> some breathing room sometimes.
>
> Kudos to Folk, against the team that gave up on him.

Burress did come through in the end...but Mason is totally out of the game I
think...he can't catch and he can't run routes.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

yoyodog

Sep 12, 2011, 12:21:21 AM9/12/11
Yeah all these weaknesses were there but to me the most glaring weakness was
Eric Smith

Johnny Morongo

Sep 12, 2011, 12:26:06 AM9/12/11
On 9/11/2011 6:54 PM, buRford wrote:
> ... how a thread about my whereabouts, turned into a Schott thread.
>
> Firstly, thanks for the concern... been busy& crazy, not necessarily in that order.
> Also, I'm honestly kind of apathetic about the team, for the first time since the
> Preacher's tenure. As Gramps said, I mentioned at the end of the season, I didn't know if
> I could take another year of our beloved OC.
>
> Just watching the first-half... Another change of some characters on offense... same
> results.
> Me, I'd have started the game rushing Greene right at Ware... wherever he was. Instead,
> pass, pass, pass.
> No scoring in the first quarter... 3& out... 3& out, etc, etc... then in crunchtime at
> the end of the half, miraculously, we move the ball,& score.
> Yup... it's Sanchez who sucks. His stats suck... blah, blah, blah. Not possible it has
> something to do with the offense he has to run... until it's hurry-up time, when
> miraculously, the team always moves the ball...& his stats are always great.
> Sanchez is Sanchez... probably will never be great, but he's good enough to win.
> He might be capable of 60-65 %, but not in this passive, schizo offense, which refuses to
> attack the opposing D. We've seen this script before.
>
> On D, until we have some kind of rush from the D-Line, we'll always be vulnerable to an
> attacking offense.
>
> Hope y'all be well.

Blah...Blah...Blah!

Johnny Morongo

Sep 12, 2011, 12:37:59 AM9/12/11
On 9/11/2011 8:33 PM, buRford wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:07:32 -0400, "Papa Carl"<papa...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>> "buRford"<buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
>>> ... how a thread about my whereabouts, turned into a Schott thread.
>>>
>>> Firstly, thanks for the concern... been busy& crazy, not necessarily in
>>> that order.
>>> Also, I'm honestly kind of apathetic about the team, for the first time
>>> since the
>>> Preacher's tenure. As Gramps said, I mentioned at the end of the season,
>>> I didn't know if
>>> I could take another year of our beloved OC.
>>>
>>> Just watching the first-half... Another change of some characters on
>>> offense... same
>>> results.
>>> Me, I'd have started the game rushing Greene right at Ware... wherever he
>>> was. Instead,
>>> pass, pass, pass.
>>> No scoring in the first quarter... 3& out... 3& out, etc, etc... then in
>>> crunchtime at
>>> the end of the half, miraculously, we move the ball,& score.
>>> Yup... it's Sanchez who sucks. His stats suck... blah, blah, blah. Not
>>> possible it has
>>> something to do with the offense he has to run... until it's hurry-up
>>> time, when
>>> miraculously, the team always moves the ball...& his stats are always
>>> great.
>>> Sanchez is Sanchez... probably will never be great, but he's good enough
>>> to win.
>>> He might be capable of 60-65 %, but not in this passive, schizo offense,
>>> which refuses to
>>> attack the opposing D. We've seen this script before.
>>>
>>> On D, until we have some kind of rush from the D-Line, we'll always be
>>> vulnerable to an
>>> attacking offense.
>>>
>>> Hope y'all be well.
>>
>> Glad to hear from you...and once again we totally agree. The O line is
>> horrendous, to me that is a big step backwards...and Burress is useless, as
>> I think Mason may be too. How Mason doesn't make that catch I do not know.
>> Give me a call when you can.
>>

> Honestly, they kinda stood pat this off-season... where were the improvements we needed?
> Safety? The OL? The DL pass-rush?
> Burress vs Braylon... not really much of an improvement.
> Mason vs Cotch... to me a step down.
> Wilkerson may turn out a player, but he's not out of the box...
> They wasted a lot of time on their misguided Aso plan.
>
> This game shouldn't have been so close. I just don't see Supe until we have a competent
> OC, who can design an offense that will score points in the 1st quarter,& let the D have
> some breathing room sometimes.
>
> Kudos to Folk, against the team that gave up on him.

Welcome to the dark side...lots of us will be agreeing with your
observations. Ya gotta take the long view;) One way or another this
year will mark the end of the Schitty regime. In the long run, that's a
good thing, but not for this year.

Good to see you back here. Keep comin.'

Johnny Morongo

Sep 12, 2011, 12:39:49 AM9/12/11
On 9/11/2011 7:42 PM, Harlan Lachman wrote:
> In article<pdnq671daq9es467s...@4ax.com>,
> buRford<buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>
>> ... how a thread about my whereabouts, turned into a Schott thread.
>>
>> Firstly, thanks for the concern... been busy& crazy, not necessarily in that
>> order.
>> Also, I'm honestly kind of apathetic about the team, for the first time since
>> the
>> Preacher's tenure. As Gramps said, I mentioned at the end of the season, I
>> didn't know if
>> I could take another year of our beloved OC.
>>
>> Just watching the first-half... Another change of some characters on
>> offense... same
>> results.
>> Me, I'd have started the game rushing Greene right at Ware... wherever he
>> was. Instead,
>> pass, pass, pass.
>> No scoring in the first quarter... 3& out... 3& out, etc, etc... then in
>> crunchtime at
>> the end of the half, miraculously, we move the ball,& score.
>> Yup... it's Sanchez who sucks. His stats suck... blah, blah, blah. Not
>> possible it has
>> something to do with the offense he has to run... until it's hurry-up time,
>> when
>> miraculously, the team always moves the ball...& his stats are always great.
>> Sanchez is Sanchez... probably will never be great, but he's good enough to
>> win.
>> He might be capable of 60-65 %, but not in this passive, schizo offense,
>> which refuses to
>> attack the opposing D. We've seen this script before.
>>
>> On D, until we have some kind of rush from the D-Line, we'll always be
>> vulnerable to an
>> attacking offense.
>>
>> Hope y'all be well.
>
> Double ditto Burf. Dropped Direct TV NFL package so will watch much
> fewer games. Obviously missing nothing. Going to be rather than waste
> more time.
>
> Nice to have you back, albeit briefly. We deserve better. For the second
> consecutive year in a row, Shott opens the season with a turd.
>
> Harlan

From the mind of a turd, whaadya spect?

Johnny Morongo

Sep 12, 2011, 12:45:20 AM9/12/11
On 9/11/2011 9:06 PM, buRford wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:42:13 -0400, Harlan Lachman<har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
>
>> In article<pdnq671daq9es467s...@4ax.com>,
>> buRford<buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>>
>>> ... how a thread about my whereabouts, turned into a Schott thread.
>>>
>>> Firstly, thanks for the concern... been busy& crazy, not necessarily in that
>>> order.
>>> Also, I'm honestly kind of apathetic about the team, for the first time since
>>> the
>>> Preacher's tenure. As Gramps said, I mentioned at the end of the season, I
>>> didn't know if
>>> I could take another year of our beloved OC.
>>>
>>> Just watching the first-half... Another change of some characters on
>>> offense... same
>>> results.
>>> Me, I'd have started the game rushing Greene right at Ware... wherever he
>>> was. Instead,
>>> pass, pass, pass.
>>> No scoring in the first quarter... 3& out... 3& out, etc, etc... then in
>>> crunchtime at
>>> the end of the half, miraculously, we move the ball,& score.
>>> Yup... it's Sanchez who sucks. His stats suck... blah, blah, blah. Not
>>> possible it has
>>> something to do with the offense he has to run... until it's hurry-up time,
>>> when
>>> miraculously, the team always moves the ball...& his stats are always great.
>>> Sanchez is Sanchez... probably will never be great, but he's good enough to
>>> win.
>>> He might be capable of 60-65 %, but not in this passive, schizo offense,
>>> which refuses to
>>> attack the opposing D. We've seen this script before.
>>>
>>> On D, until we have some kind of rush from the D-Line, we'll always be
>>> vulnerable to an
>>> attacking offense.
>>>
>>> Hope y'all be well.
>>
>> Double ditto Burf. Dropped Direct TV NFL package so will watch much
>> fewer games. Obviously missing nothing. Going to be rather than waste
>> more time.
>>
>> Nice to have you back, albeit briefly. We deserve better. For the second
>> consecutive year in a row, Shott opens the season with a turd.
>>
>> Harlan
>
> Hey H - - Another zilch 1st qtr... and again, he didn't give Shonn a chance.

> Nice to win, a testiment to the players.

Methinks we might have well motivated players, but few outstanding ones.

Tutor

Sep 12, 2011, 3:10:34 AM9/12/11
On Sep 11, 9:54 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> ... how a thread about my whereabouts, turned into a Schott thread.
>
> Firstly, thanks for the concern... been busy & crazy, not necessarily in that order.
> Also, I'm honestly kind of apathetic about the team, for the first time since the
> Preacher's tenure.  As Gramps said, I mentioned at the end of the season, I didn't know if
> I could take another year of our beloved OC.
>
> Just watching the first-half...  Another change of some characters on offense... same
> results.
> Me, I'd have started the game rushing Greene right at Ware... wherever he was.  Instead,
> pass, pass, pass.
> No scoring in the first quarter... 3 & out... 3 & out, etc, etc... then in crunchtime at
> the end of the half, miraculously, we move the ball, & score.
> Yup... it's Sanchez who sucks.  His stats suck... blah, blah, blah.  Not possible it has
> something to do with the offense he has to run... until it's hurry-up time, when
> miraculously, the team always moves the ball... & his stats are always great.
> Sanchez is Sanchez... probably will never be great, but he's good enough to win.
> He might be capable of 60-65 %, but not in this passive, schizo offense, which refuses to
> attack the opposing D.  We've seen this script before.
>
> On D, until we have some kind of rush from the D-Line, we'll always be vulnerable to an
> attacking offense.
>
> Hope y'all be well.

Thanks BuRf.

I disagree.

I think this is a fabulous time to be excited about the team. Schott
notwithstanding. I dunno... reaching the AFC Championship twice in a
row has wet my appetitite for more and better. Compared to the
Walton, Coslett, Carroll, Kotite, Groh, Edwards and Mangini years,
this is an exciting time for Jets fans.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

graybeard

Sep 12, 2011, 11:12:34 AM9/12/11
On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:58:16 -0400, buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com>
wrote:

>The Shonn thing bugs the crap outta me.
>1st series nothing.
>2nd series, he rushed twice for 10 yards, then caught a screen for a first down.
>Then LT became the feature back.
>
>They never tried to establish the run yesterday, which woulda kept the 'Boys passrush
>honest.
>
>Revis really displayed his greatness. He just beat the crap outta Dez, after he dominated
>the Jets at the outset. On the other hand, Cro had the ball ripped from his hands three
>times. Cro is really aggressive with his mouth, but such a softee on the field.

Missed us so much you are posting things twice now, huh? ;-)

Nice ta see yer back.
--
graybeard

Harlan Lachman

Sep 12, 2011, 12:57:40 PM9/12/11
In article <hl0s67dgn2r4i0a8i...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Hey tut... of course, we all want more, but did management really address
> our weaknesses,
> during the offseason?
> The O is the same O, with a weaker OL, and the D still has the same flaws.

Burf, yes to the OL. However, the FO did try to upgrade from Cro to
Nnamdi and we could see why tonight. Except for Weddle (who stayed put)
there was no fix at Safety or pass rush who was obvious. The only
mistake appears to be Braylon.

I still hate Shott for reasons posted elsewhere and the FO gets 110% of
the blame for him.

But as others have posted, including Grinch, I have had a lifetime of
losing games like this. ALthough I could not stomach watching this poor
display, it is better to win so another game might be meaningful and
watchable.

harlan

Harlan Lachman

Sep 12, 2011, 12:59:46 PM9/12/11
In article <u01r671l6mnth4efa...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:42:13 -0400, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
>
> Hey H - - Another zilch 1st qtr... and again, he didn't give Shonn a chance.
> Nice to win, a testiment to the players.
>
> Hope all be well...

Better than for the most part. Same wishes directed back at you.

Johnny Morongo

Sep 12, 2011, 1:22:49 PM9/12/11
On 9/12/2011 5:57 AM, buRford wrote:
> The Shonn thing bugs the crap outta me.
> 1st series nothing.
> 2nd series, he rushed twice for 10 yards, then caught a screen for a first down.
> Then LT became the feature back.
>
> They never tried to establish the run yesterday, which woulda kept the 'Boys passrush
> honest.
>
> Revis really displayed his greatness. He just beat the crap outta Dez, after he dominated
> the Jets at the outset. On the other hand, Cro had the ball ripped from his hands three
> times. Cro is really aggressive with his mouth, but such a softee on the field.

I wouldn't beat up on Cro so much. Pretty much all of his coverages
were very tight and he was just beaten by great plays by a couple of
very talented receivers.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Sep 12, 2011, 10:08:43 PM9/12/11
On 9/12/2011 4:27 PM, buRford wrote:
> I started posting it, and was interrupted. Wasn't sure if I posted, so...
> hey, I'm rusty, decrepit and helpless ;)

Fixed!

Message has been deleted

Tutor

Sep 13, 2011, 1:34:33 PM9/13/11
On Sep 12, 9:05 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Hey tut...  of course, we all want more, but did management really address our weaknesses,
> during the offseason?
> The O is the same O, with a weaker OL, and the D still has the same flaws.- Hide quoted text -

We are still one of the teams contending for a championship. This
team has proven it can beat the Pats and other solid teams. Although
we don't have aaron Rodgers under center and loits of other
deficiencies, so does every other team including the Pats, Green Bay,
Pitt and Baltimore. We held Green Bay with Rodgers to 9 points. We
beat Pitt in the reg season and NE and Colts in playoffs. I am as
excited now as I was in 1998. We are not going to beat every team
each week and those we do won't be 45 - 3. That's the reality and I
accept it. Some people out there never will.

Grinch

Sep 13, 2011, 5:27:45 PM9/13/11
On Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:34:33 PM UTC-4, Tutor wrote:
> On Sep 12, 9:05 am, buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
Right and true.

There is no such thing as the perfect team or perfect game -- not *anyhwere near* it -- so becoming disheartened by at team because it is merely very good makes no sense. And if one damns one's own team for that, it really takes all the possible fun out of being a fan, so what's the point?

Look at Jets Super Bowl season. They were the *only* team to lose to 1-12-1 Buffalo, got humiliated by Heidi, won a bunch of squeakers with a lot of luck (including in SB III). Does anyone say, bah!, that championship season doesn't count?

Or look at the 17-0 Fish, they played one of the easiest schedules in all-time NFL history, just barely beating a whole bunch of bad teams. When they open the memory champagne every year, how many people say "oh, they weren't that good, they don't deserve it."

The Jets are one of the few teams in the pack at the front of the hunt this year. (Vegas doesn't say that lightly!)

They've beaten the Pats 2 of the last 3, so why be overimpresssed with the Pats? The Pats D was bad last year and looks bad this year -- 475 yards to Chad Henne.

Pittsburgh just got slaughtered. Atlanta just got stomped on. Who's giving up on them? *No* team is so good it isn't going to take its lumps this year.

So what's not to be enthused about a team that is one of the short-list favorites for the big prize, is undefeated, and just came from 14 behind for a win? That it's all not impressive enough?

You know, winning unimpresssively when you play less than your best is a *good* sign, not a bad one.

MZ

Sep 13, 2011, 8:39:31 PM9/13/11
On Sep 13, 5:27 pm, Grinch <oldna...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> The Jets are one of the few teams in the pack at the front of the hunt this year. (Vegas doesn't say that lightly!)
>
> They've beaten the Pats 2 of the last 3, so why be overimpresssed with the Pats? The Pats D was bad last year and looks bad this year -- 475 yards to Chad Henne.

How many of those yards and points were scored during garbage time?
Most pundits who follow the team closely were pretty encouraged by
what the D showed last night.

> Pittsburgh just got slaughtered. Atlanta just got stomped on. Who's giving up on them?  *No* team is so good it isn't going to take its lumps this year.

I wouldn't say "no team". There have been plenty of years where elite
teams don't take any lumps. I think getting clobbered in week 1 is
better than getting clobbered in week 10, from a predictions
standpoint, but getting clobbered still should raise a few questions.

> So what's not to be enthused about a team that is one of the short-list favorites for the big prize, is undefeated, and just came from 14 behind for a win?  That it's all not impressive enough?
>
> You know, winning unimpresssively when you play less than your best is a *good* sign, not a bad one.

This is definitely true.

Papa Carl

Sep 14, 2011, 7:50:56 PM9/14/11

"MZ" <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote in message
Gotta agree with you all on this...play poorly, and still win is not
necessarily a bad thing.