Linebackers

1 view

Grinch

Jan 27, 2011, 9:39:51 PM1/27/11
Next season Taylor will be 37, Pace will be 31, Scott will be 31,
Harris will be a free agent, and Bryan Thomas will be Bryan Thomas.

Looks to me like Harris can pretty much name his price. If he leaves
and the others start sliding down the hill due to age, the whole D
could go off a cliff. Revis could end up really an island.

Still Roper

Jan 27, 2011, 11:16:25 PM1/27/11

bye bye JT and Pace. Keep Scott, Thomas and for sure...Harris.

paddy_nyr

Jan 28, 2011, 8:41:45 AM1/28/11

"Still Roper" <mark_edw...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
Agreed, but not sure what the numbers are on Pace if we let him go. Scott
didn't exactly shine this year. Harris is a keeper of the lot.

Still Roper

Jan 28, 2011, 9:35:03 AM1/28/11
On Jan 28, 8:41 am, "paddy_nyr" <mpp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Still Roper" <mark_edwards_2...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

Scott made alot of plays this year by taking on the linemen/FB to free
up Harris. Not highlight reel stuff but was still effective...

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Jan 28, 2011, 4:28:58 PM1/28/11
In article
<83925626-ec9f-4890...@f18g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pace isn't a bad player and he would count as $9,039,999 in dead space
> and there is a negative number on cap savings. Thomas can be cut with
> 0 dead space created but would save $3.7 MM against the cap. So you
> bring him in and if he is teh best he starts but if he isn't & you
> need the space you cut him.

If this is true, what ever the new CBA does, Pace is staying and BLT can
likely be inconsistent somewhere else.

Message has been deleted

MZ

Jan 31, 2011, 2:09:21 PM1/31/11
On Jan 31, 10:39 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > If this is true, what ever the new CBA does, Pace is staying and BLT can
> > likely be inconsistent somewhere else.

> H, should the CBA get signed, and that is a big IF as the owners are
> very intent on fighting this, then how they treat BLT in contract .
> will tell you what they think of him, i.e. if they send him to the
> chop shop for an extension.
>
> At times he does some nice things, hence your reference to his
> inconsistencies, but I wonder if what they ask him to do goes
> unnoticed?  I don't watch him that closely  so I am not saying he is
> doing the grunt work, just saying there is a chance.

We liked Hobson. That makes both of us unqualified to discuss that
OLB position.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Jan 31, 2011, 4:19:18 PM1/31/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > H, should the CBA get signed, and that is a big IF as the owners are
> > very intent on fighting this, then how they treat BLT in contract .
> > will tell you what they think of him, i.e. if they send him to the
> > chop shop for an extension.
>
> > At times he does some nice things, hence your reference to his
> > inconsistencies, but I wonder if what they ask him to do goes
> > unnoticed? I don't watch him that closely so I am not saying he is
> > doing the grunt work, just saying there is a chance.
>
> We liked Hobson. That makes both of us unqualified to discuss that
> OLB position.

Are you going to remind me about the fact I voted for Rick Perry once
too, that I thought "Don't worry be Happy" was a cool song or that I
said Johnny wasn't retarded?

:)

Here is my kiss of death for player.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/mcshay-lists-von-miller-as-no-1-player-a.html

He showed up at 237lbs so he could get to the 250 area. I hope the
Pats don't trade up for him.

I LOVED what I saw of Von Miller...he would be a great guy to have and
perhaps the natural pass rusher the Jets need from the outside (they still
need the down guy).

I am totally with Rick Perry....I think a fence built on THIS side of Texas
sounds like a good idea and is a lot more feasible...after y'all secede.
"Don't Worry...Be Happy"...sorry, that just sucked and Johnny is NOT
retarded, he is a realist though, not too many of them around here :-)

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Jan 31, 2011, 6:57:03 PM1/31/11
In article
<aa83894e-79b1-4fb2...@y35g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,
MZ <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote:

Well that is one mistake I was not guilty of.

papa.carl44

Jan 31, 2011, 7:11:16 PM1/31/11

>> I LOVED what I saw of Von Miller...he would be a great guy to have and
>> perhaps the natural pass rusher the Jets need from the outside (they
>> still
>> need the down guy).
>
> I am surprised that he showed up at 237. He was listed at 220 at A&M
> and they usually fudge that #.

>> I am totally with Rick Perry....I think a fence built on THIS side of
>> Texas
>> sounds like a good idea and is a lot more feasible...after y'all secede.
>> "Don't Worry...Be Happy"...sorry, that just sucked and Johnny is NOT
>> retarded, he is a realist though, not too many of them around here :-)
>
> The only way I can get Johnny to show up is by insulting him. He must
> be busy at his Tea Party meetings.

I have to be careful what I say...the Gov. here is a darling of the tea
party...I refuse to divulge anything that might put me on his hit list.

papa.carl44

Jan 31, 2011, 7:11:42 PM1/31/11

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

I will admit...I thought he could develop...I was wrong.

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Feb 2, 2011, 12:03:38 AM2/2/11
In article
<31ffe1f4-b3bf-48ea...@8g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,

John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I will admit...I thought he could develop...I was wrong.
>

> Papa he payed hard & he was always around the ball. He certainly was
> better than Mo Lewis & Marvin Jones at that point but that just shows
> how far their game had fallen.

Yes, and he was smart too. But he Eric Smith disease: the too slows.

papa.carl44

Feb 2, 2011, 12:38:16 AM2/2/11

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

"As The Game Changes"

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Feb 2, 2011, 12:04:23 PM2/2/11

> > Papa he payed hard & he was always around the ball. He certainly was
> > better than Mo Lewis & Marvin Jones at that point but that just shows
> > how far their game had fallen.
>
> Yes, and he was smart too. But he Eric Smith disease: the too slows.

H, if you are talking about Hobson both he & Smith can get there but
it is like Papa said their feet.

Hobson just didn't get it to the level of a top NFL player. Smith can play
a certain safety type game and I think he is way above average in the
underneath / seam / under support part of the game. If they put him back in
over support deep he runs into problems...his skill set is more like a
linebacker than a corner.