Plax a Jet

Percy Flage

Jul 31, 2011, 12:01:05 PM7/31/11
Two months removed from jail, Burress agrees to join Jets

One year deal.
http://bit.ly/oeP9HM

Well, he's paid the price for his stupidity and everyone deserves a
second chance.

With a one year deal, I think this is good for the Jets and Plaxico.
He's a big target and we get to see if he's still got the pace he had
with the Giants. If he hasn't go the pace we let him go. If he's
maintained the skills, the speed and he's learned something, then
we've got a good player and a big target to allow Sanchez to "let it
air a little".

--
Ian

JKConey

Jul 31, 2011, 12:41:12 PM7/31/11
If he can stay healthy it's Plax for Braylon. Plax is more aggressive in
going to the ball, as I recall. Much cheaper, so I like it.

--
JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

"Percy Flage" <spuorg...@ianwhitephoto.co.uk> wrote in message

R�vNsf�n �

Jul 31, 2011, 2:10:57 PM7/31/11
"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message
: If he can stay healthy it's Plax for Braylon. Plax is more aggressive in

: going to the ball, as I recall. Much cheaper, so I like it.

Staying healthy is obviously going to be the key and I attribute Rex's
decision to sign him to be based on the performance of Plax against the
Ravens when he played for the Steelers. If the Jets were seriously in need
of a Plax like player to take them from a third place divisional finish to
the top I might agree with Rex's gamble. The Jets finished in the playoffs
however so I don't agree with the Jets need to take such a radical gamble?

It is very likely that Plax can shake off his two year old cobwebs from his
natural abilities and his experienced pro-skills set. The main question is
can an enhanced/expedited NFL conditioning regime morph Plax into the degree
of NFL playing shape that will allow him to avoid serious injury after a
two-year layoff.

The Jets staff is obviously capable of evaluating most every aspect of a
players immedite condition and also at creating an enhanced conditioning
regime for same, I simply question if there is really enough time for the
appropriet amount NFL conditioning that Plax will require. After-all, any
remedial conditioning he could attempt while incarcerated would not have
maintained that which he entered the system with.

So..., Braylon departs and gets picked up somewhere, Plax gets injured in
camp, preseason, or early in the season, now whom can the Jets turn to
respective to current depth at the position to provide the performance that
was similar or better than Braylon Edwards, however adeqaute or inadequate
Jets fans consider his play during the 2010 season. From where I sit and I
watched Edwards quite a bit considering his past AFCN team affliation and he
appeared to be performing very well and actually improving upon prior
seasons. Plax just seems to be an unreasonable gamble at this point and just
after the Jets first genuinely earned playoff appearence.
--
~Drew

"Talk is cheap ...lets just go play"
Johnny Unitas - Baltimore Colts

: JK Sinrod

:

Tutor

Aug 2, 2011, 9:39:31 AM8/2/11
On Jul 31, 12:41 pm, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
> If he can stay healthy it's Plax for Braylon. Plax is more aggressive in
> going to the ball, as I recall. Much cheaper, so I like it.
>
> --
> JK Sinrodwww.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
>
> "Percy Flage" <spuorgelg...@ianwhitephoto.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Two months removed from jail, Burress agrees to join Jets
>
> > One year deal.
> >http://bit.ly/oeP9HM
>
> > Well, he's paid the price for his stupidity and everyone deserves a
> > second chance.
>
> > With a one year deal, I think this is good for the Jets and Plaxico.
> > He's a big target and we get to see if he's still got the pace he had
> > with the Giants. If he hasn't go the pace we let him go. If he's
> > maintained the skills, the speed and he's learned something, then
> > we've got a good player and a big target to allow Sanchez to "let it
> > air a little".
>
> > --
> > Ian- Hide quoted text -

And,he isn't despised by his team mates the way Bray was, apparently.
Not a bad risk for $3 million. He'll be 34 but less 2 years of NFL
wear and tear and purportedly in great shape from all the prison
workouts. Much better Red Zone target than Braylon. Braylon, at 6'3"
should have been a tremendous red zone threat, but he never lived up
to that potential either here or in Cleveland. Plax at 6' 5" has
always had a nose for the end zone and great hands.

Tutor

Aug 2, 2011, 9:46:34 AM8/2/11
On Jul 31, 2:10 pm, "RävNsfän ®" <noemai...@nospam4me.org> wrote:
> "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

For such an experienced troll, you shouold know that top posting is
obnoxious.

Jets could not afford Braylon. He's asking for 5 yrs at $50M. haha
He'll be lucky to get $6 million. Jets needed that $$$ for Cro,
Holmes and Harris. Can't tie up 17% of the cap in a pair of WRs. Not
smart.

Harlan Lachman

Aug 2, 2011, 11:16:27 AM8/2/11
In article
<8be4d723-98e2-410d...@p20g2000yqp.googlegroups.com>,
Tutor <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote:

David, based on the history of 35 year old WR who have not been away
from the game for two years, this does not sound great to me.

I would have rather saved the $3 until one of the WR (Floyd, J. Jones,
or Bray) lowered their demands.

I assume they will have to settle for a one year deal for less. That
three mil along with a contract renegotiation would have been sufficient.

harlan

MZ

Aug 2, 2011, 3:46:09 PM8/2/11
On Jul 31, 2:10 pm, "RävNsfän ®" <noemai...@nospam4me.org> wrote:
> It is very likely that Plax can shake off his two year old cobwebs from his
> natural abilities and his experienced pro-skills set. The main question is
> can an enhanced/expedited NFL conditioning regime morph Plax into the degree
> of NFL playing shape that will allow him to avoid serious injury after a
> two-year layoff.
>
> The Jets staff is obviously capable of evaluating most every aspect of a
> players immedite condition and also at creating an enhanced conditioning
> regime for same, I simply question if there is really enough time for the
> appropriet amount NFL conditioning that Plax will require. After-all, any
> remedial conditioning he could attempt while incarcerated would not have
> maintained that which he entered the system with.
>
> So..., Braylon departs and gets picked up somewhere, Plax gets injured in
> camp, preseason, or early in the season, now whom can the Jets turn to
> respective to current depth at the position to provide the performance that
> was similar or better than Braylon Edwards, however adeqaute or inadequate
> Jets fans consider his play during the 2010 season. From where I sit and I
> watched Edwards quite a bit considering his past AFCN team affliation and he
> appeared to be performing very well and actually improving upon prior
> seasons. Plax just seems to be an unreasonable gamble at this point and just
> after the Jets first genuinely earned playoff appearence.

Plaxico is the third best receiver on the roster. I expect we'll see
more FB and 2 TE sets until Plaxico is up to speed. This won't be a
major deviation from previous years.

R�vNsf�n �

Aug 2, 2011, 4:29:08 PM8/2/11
"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Obviously 5 years at $50 million is ludicrous. So how much did the Jets
counter with if indeed they countered at all?

You've been around long enough to know that if you are going to negatively
point something out within a post, especially to an alleged troll, then you
should want what it is that you are being condecending about to be true,
correct and/or if at all possible factual, so as not to appear foolish at a
minimum. So double-check that and take a little more time than you did
previously and you will see that you are in error. My response post to
"JKConey" was posted directly "below" his post and "not above" same as you
incorrectly pointed out in gaining your license to call me - obnoxious.

R�vNsf�n �

Aug 2, 2011, 5:11:53 PM8/2/11
"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I remember this dude name Brian Billick who won a SB and then replaced his
SB winning QB, Trent Dilfer, with Elvis Grbac, a statistically better QB who
had just happened to win AFC Player of the Year in 2000. In 2001 the Ravens
made the playoffs however Elvis Grbac choked miserably denying the Ravens
their second SB appearance in as many years. After the playoff game and
before his second year as a Raven, Elvis Grbac politely retired from the
NFL.

Sometimes... you gotta just dance with the one that brung ya!

What appeared to be a major upgrade and solid guarantee for another SB
appearance and Lombardi Trophy acquisition in the preseason of 2001,
dissolved into the Ravens paying off 20 million guaranteed over 4 years and
which was held against their cap. Also as a result the Billick genius uses
1st round draft picks over the next 5 years to get Cris Redman QB, and two
seasons later, Kyle Boller QB. Even a Brian Billick genius that did coach a
Rex Ryan genius can screw up a team big time for a long time. And what about
Rex Ryan? Who would have believed that the Rex Ryan defensive genius would
have both overlooked and under-valued the talent of a Ravens
linebacker/defensive-end, James Harrison, whom Rex would demote to the
Ravens practice squad where the Pittsburgh Steeelers, a division rival no
less, claimed him. You know the rest of the story.

R�vNsf�n �

Aug 2, 2011, 5:30:59 PM8/2/11
"MZ" <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote in message

Wishful thinking, ...the Jets signed Plax before they could work him out.
They did not know his playing condition so little reason to consider that
you might. Regardless of the equipment available in prison Plax has not been
able to maintain his NFL conditioning which is the key. The time required
just would not have been available to him in a prison. His skills and
abilities are likely recoverable. How long it takes him to get into NFL
playing shape is the question. I will guesstimate between weeks 3 and 5 of
the schedule, "if" he doesn't get seriously injured before then.