Byrd is the Word - #90 to be honorary Captain for coin toss on Sunday

Tutor

Jan 18, 2011, 11:51:43 AM1/18/11
Rex Ryan on ESPN 1050 said he asked the league to allow Dennis Byrd to
be the team captain(for the coin toss) The League said yes.
Message has been deleted

Coach Lon

Jan 18, 2011, 2:26:59 PM1/18/11
Amazing and appropriate after the players response to last week's pre-game speech. Excellent!

Michael

Jan 18, 2011, 2:49:35 PM1/18/11
On Jan 18, 11:51 am, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Rex Ryan on ESPN 1050 said he asked the league to allow Dennis Byrd to
> be the team captain(for the coin toss) The League said yes.

Will James Harrison go after Byrd's head ???

papa.carl44

Jan 18, 2011, 3:11:51 PM1/18/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Rex Ryan on ESPN 1050 said he asked the league to allow Dennis Byrd to
>> be the team captain(for the coin toss) The League said yes.
>
> Dave, I was shocked when they said that was 1992. Life blows by.
>
> I wish the Jets had video or audio of his speech.

Life sure does fly by....I was at most of of the games that season and still
remember it quite well. I had just left coaching, my son was still playing
in college and my wife was a wreck when Byrd was hurt. I think it made it
hard for her to watch her boy carry the ball the rest of the season. After
all those years away from coaching, this was the fist time I really wished I
could give it a go again...and I have NO idea why.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Jan 18, 2011, 6:55:39 PM1/18/11

> >> Rex Ryan on ESPN 1050 said he asked the league to allow Dennis Byrd to
> >> be the team captain(for the coin toss) The League said yes.
>
> > Dave, I was shocked when they said that was 1992. Life blows by.
>
> > I wish the Jets had video or audio of his speech.
>
> Life sure does fly by....I was at most of of the games that season and
> still
> remember it quite well. I had just left coaching, my son was still playing
> in college and my wife was a wreck when Byrd was hurt. I think it made it
> hard for her to watch her boy carry the ball the rest of the season.

It really is a stupid game but I love watching it.

>After
> all those years away from coaching, this was the fist time I really wished
> could give it a go again...and I have NO idea why.

Because it is fun.

And sometimes I watch some coaches do some things and can't help but feel
how dumb they are...then I see other coaches and feel like I'd love to be
part of that brilliance :-) My wife laughs at me, she says I'd make it half
way through a season now...I think she's wrong.

Tutor

Jan 18, 2011, 8:35:59 PM1/18/11
On Jan 18, 1:14 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Rex Ryan on ESPN 1050 said he asked the league to allow Dennis Byrd to
> > be the team captain(for the coin toss) The League said yes.
>
> Dave, I was shocked when they said that was 1992.  Life blows by.
>
> I wish the Jets had video or audio of his speech.

My now 18 year old daughter was a newborn. And I remember that play
like it was yesterday.