Denver.... Tebow in the first round

Michael

Apr 22, 2010, 10:07:49 PM4/22/10
You gotta be kiddin' me... They blew that pick out their ass

MZ

Apr 22, 2010, 10:09:32 PM4/22/10
Michael wrote:
> You gotta be kiddin' me... They blew that pick out their ass

I tend to agree. BUT...if anyone can get something out of Tebow, it's
McDaniels. You never know.

Michael

Apr 22, 2010, 10:11:56 PM4/22/10

Tebow has a wind up like Randy Johnson for heck sake...

MZ

Apr 22, 2010, 10:17:33 PM4/22/10

The guy definitely has some shortcomings. But think of it this way...
McDaniels turned a crap QB like Cassel into a productive one. Tebow is
better. McDaniels was a QB coach so if anyone's equipped to do it, it's
him. He's a very dynamic offensive playcaller, loves the wildcat (his
version is a bit different), runs a spread offense, and has been very
productive running "dink and dunk" kind of offenses. I think he could
actually be successful in Denver.

I just don't think they needed to trade up for him.

Michael

Apr 22, 2010, 10:22:20 PM4/22/10

I know Josh is the second coming of Henning as far as QB development,
but you cant stop a Penguin from waddling when he walks. Tebow IMHO
is further away from being an NFL QB than Kellen Clemens is

MZ

Apr 22, 2010, 10:23:41 PM4/22/10

BTW, if you're looking for someone pissed off, it's me right now.
Another CB???

Michael

Apr 22, 2010, 10:24:46 PM4/22/10
> Another CB???- Hide quoted text -

WHAT THE FUCK ?!?!? No edge rusher ????

MZ

Apr 22, 2010, 10:30:47 PM4/22/10

It's insane. They resigned Bodden long term with a big contract this
year. They drafted Butler in the 2nd round last year, who is slated to
start this year. Meanwhile, they have no one at LOLB and never replaced
Seymour. Now Miami is about to take Odrick...

papa.carl44

Apr 22, 2010, 11:53:18 PM4/22/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

NO way.....he will do a lot more than you think. He is not so easy to bring
down and can move far better than a lot of QB's can...I agree with Mark,
they see something and are intrigued by the possibility.

Michael

Apr 23, 2010, 9:33:21 AM4/23/10
On Apr 22, 11:53 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> they see something and are intrigued by the possibility.- Hide quoted text -

Papa... We'll see ! At the very least, he will boost fan interest and
generate some fun and excitement

Harlan Lachman

Apr 23, 2010, 11:43:04 AM4/23/10
In article <ZsWdnU-qMIfAnEzW...@giganews.com>,
MZ <ma...@nospam.void> wrote:

Even so Mark, do you really think that they had to move up so far and
pay so much to take someone no one expected to go in the first round.

There were a lot of less expensive trades later in the round.

This made no sense to me.

harlan