Sanchez = team leader

Tutor

Jul 15, 2010, 11:18:20 AM7/15/10
Mark Sanchez is making up for lost time -- and he's doing it on his
dime.

I am liking Sanchez as a team leader more and more every time I read
something about him. Any worries about losing the the leadership in
the clubhouse by Thomas Jones or the alleged "leadership" of Alan
Faneca (which I believe to be a falsehood) are gone. The kid feels he
is a little behind in things coming off the knee fix in the offseason.
So he brings his receivers and tight end out with him during OFF time
to catch up... and they all show up (even Braylon Edwards!)

Sanchez gets it as a motivator and leader.

link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819202b7/article/money-man-sanchez-pays-for-teammates-to-work-out-with-him

"The New York Jets quarterback paid to fly the team's skill players to
Southern California for a passing and skill camp that's currently
ongoing, a league source told NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi on
Wednesday. Sanchez, who graduated from Mission Viejo High School and
attended USC, wants to catch up on the workouts he missed this spring
while recovering from offseason knee surgery.

Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer also made the trip,
but he won't be on the field with the players.

All Jets players are scheduled to report to training camp in Cortland,
N.Y., on Aug. 1. Rookies are required to arrive July 29.

As a rookie last season, Sanchez threw for 2,444 yards and 12
touchdowns with 20 interceptions and helped the Jets reach the AFC
Championship Game. Sanchez had the patella-stabilizing ligament in his
left knee repaired in February, then missed some workouts before
returning to the field last month."

Tutor

Jul 15, 2010, 11:20:31 AM7/15/10
On Jul 15, 11:18 am, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Mark Sanchez is making up for lost time -- and he's doing it on his
> dime.
>
> I am liking Sanchez as a team leader more and more every time I read
> something about him.  Any worries about losing the the leadership in
> the clubhouse by Thomas Jones or the alleged "leadership" of Alan
> Faneca (which I believe to be a falsehood) are gone.  The kid feels he
> is a little behind in things coming off the knee fix in the offseason.
> So he brings his receivers and tight end out with him during OFF time
> to catch up... and they all show up (even Braylon Edwards!)
>
> Sanchez gets it as a motivator and leader.
>
> link:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819202b7/article/money-man-sanc...

> "The New York Jets quarterback paid to fly the team's skill players to
> Southern California for a passing and skill camp that's currently
> ongoing, a league source told NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi on
> Wednesday. Sanchez, who graduated from Mission Viejo High School and
> attended USC, wants to catch up on the workouts he missed this spring
> while recovering from offseason knee surgery.
>
> Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer also made the trip,
> but he won't be on the field with the players.
>
> All Jets players are scheduled to report to training camp in Cortland,
> N.Y., on Aug. 1. Rookies are required to arrive July 29.
>
> As a rookie last season, Sanchez threw for 2,444 yards and 12
> touchdowns with 20 interceptions and helped the Jets reach the AFC
> Championship Game. Sanchez had the patella-stabilizing ligament in his
> left knee repaired in February, then missed some workouts before
> returning to the field last month."

p.s. coaches are not officially allowed because this would turn into
a violation of rules as an "organized team practice". That's why
Schotty can't be out on the practice field with them. But he is there
and indirectly supervising. Nice!

MZ

Jul 15, 2010, 11:21:36 AM7/15/10

I think they're stretching the rules a bit in doing this. This is
probably why Schott isn't on the field.

MZ

Jul 15, 2010, 11:22:10 AM7/15/10

Haha you beat me to it.

Michael

Jul 15, 2010, 12:00:48 PM7/15/10
On Jul 15, 11:18 am, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Mark Sanchez is making up for lost time -- and he's doing it on his
> dime.

<SNIP>

While he was at the combine, there were a few reports that mentioned
things that made me think he was gonna be very well liked by other
players. It was said that he attracted a much larger bunch of wr's
that wanted to work along with him in their drills in comparison to
other qb's there. After Sanchez had his "private" work out with the
Jets, it appears that Ryan, Schott and Tanny were hooked. Obviously,
Sanchez is very likable in person and has a positive effect on people
around him. The makings of the best kind of leader :-) He may turn
out to be the best QB the Jets ever dressed.

Freddo

Jul 15, 2010, 12:35:51 PM7/15/10

So, what does his ass taste like?

Michael

Jul 15, 2010, 12:47:30 PM7/15/10
> So, what does his ass taste like?- Hide quoted text -

is that what you spend your time thinking about ??? how asses taste ???

JetsLife

Jul 15, 2010, 5:13:39 PM7/15/10

Indeed. He's charismatic, competitive, and bright. Plus he doesn't
seem to take himself too seriously. All great qualities for a QB
leader. He may not have the physical skills of a Peyton Manning, but
championship QBs often don't. I seem him more in the mold of a Drew
Brees or Joe Montana (and no he's not yet at their level with perhaps
no one at Montana's). As a rookie, his playoff performance in
comparison to Palmer, Rivers and Manning was notable.

JetsLife

Jul 15, 2010, 5:20:58 PM7/15/10

Also I remember something Rex said about Sanchez, I think after one of
the playoff victories. Something about his resilience and/or
competitiveness, how he bounced back and matured through a challenging
regular season. "That's why he had to have him," Rex said. It was a
telling comment.

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Jul 16, 2010, 7:40:39 PM7/16/10
On Jul 15, 12:35 pm, Freddo <I...@highrisk.com> wrote:

> So, what does his ass taste like?

Leave Sanchez alone!

Lay off Sanchez!! He has had a tough life!!

He had to swim the Rio Grande and avoid border patrol just to get the
opportunity to play in the NFL! for you bastards!!

Leave Sanchez alone!! Just leave him alone!!

mr dude

MZ

Jul 16, 2010, 7:51:46 PM7/16/10

He's doing work that americans won't do.

Deadmeat

Jul 17, 2010, 5:37:29 PM7/17/10

Yes of course. And since you have your tongue so far up his ass, I was
just wondering.

Rich - ® ©

Jul 17, 2010, 11:18:44 PM7/17/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

Lord knows we have tried to find an American to do it:

Here they are, listed by uniform number and year:

2 Ed Chlebek 1963

3 Rick Mirer 1999

4 Brett Favre 2008

4 Glenn Foley 1994-98

4 Pat Ryan 1978-80

5 Brooks Bollinger 2003-05

6 Bubby Brister 1995

6 Ray Lucas 1998-00

6 Bill Demory 1973

7 Chuck Clements 1997

7 Boomer Esiason 1993-95

7 Frank Reich 1996

7 Ken O'Brien 1983-92

8 Browning Nagle 1991-93

8 Tom Flick 1987

9 Jeff Blake 1992-93

9 Jay Fieldler 2005

10 Marty Domres 1977

10 Chad Pennington 2000-

10 Jack Trudeau 1994

11 Tony Eason 1989-90

11 Craig Penrose 1980

11 Butch Songin 1962

11 Jim Turner 1964-70

11 John Jones 1975

11 Steve Joachim 1976

11 Kellen Clemens 2006

12 Joe Namath 1965-76

12 Harold Stephens 1962

12 Al Dorow 1960-61

12 Neil O'Donnell 1996-97

14 Richard Todd 1976-83, 1986

15 Bob Davis 1970-72

15 Dick Jamieson 1960-61

15 Babe Parilli 1968-69

15 Kyle Mackey 1989

16 Walter Briggs 1987

16 Vinny Testaverde 1998-2003

16 Mark Malone 1989

17 Lee Grosscup 1962

17 Bob Avellini 1984

17 Galen Hall 1963

17 Mike Taliaferro 1964-67

17 Matt Robinson 1977-79

18 Pete Liske 1964

Michael

Jul 18, 2010, 11:50:55 AM7/18/10
> just wondering.- Hide quoted text -

at least the jets have a qb who is worthy of such high praise. your
guy down there is marginal at best.

John C TX

Jul 20, 2010, 9:10:04 AM7/20/10
On Jul 17, 10:18 pm, "Rich - ® ©" <R...@No.Spam.com> wrote:
> "MZ" <m...@nospam.void> wrote in message

You forgot Babe Parilli

:)

That list is painful.

papa.carl44

Jul 20, 2010, 9:18:04 AM7/20/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

You forgot Babe Parilli

:)

That list is painful.

Too many rugby hits in the eyes...Babe is right in there as one of the 15's.
Do they have more QB's than most teams over a given time period?

Message has been deleted

Rich - ® ©

Jul 21, 2010, 10:06:39 PM7/21/10

"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote in message

> You forgot Babe Parilli
>
> :)
>
> That list is painful.
>
> Too many rugby hits in the eyes...Babe is right in there as one of the
> 15's. Do they have more QB's than most teams over a given time period?

I don't see too many QB's on that list. :-o