OT Pie in the sky

DW

Aug 21, 2011, 8:15:31 PM8/21/11
News item:

Michelle Bachmann promises $2.00 gas under her
stewardship.

Where gas goes into the world market at market
prices there is only one way Michelle Bachmann
could make good on this promise:

Nationalize the oil companies in the US of A.

That is the only way to get $2.00 gas.

cloud dreamer

Aug 21, 2011, 8:21:26 PM8/21/11

Maybe she's under the delusion that they can drill for all they need
within the US.

Yup. If they were to get every drop of oil out from under the US in a
short period, it might last one or two years at most.

Time to face the music. The oil is running out. We have to change now
while we have time....because trying to switch to an alternate when oil
supplies can no longer supply the demand is only going to cost lives.

Not that Bachmann could understand that.

..

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Aug 21, 2011, 9:04:39 PM8/21/11

Easy. Nuke the Middle east and take away their oil. Also eliminate
federal taxes on gasoline and ban speculating on crude.

mr dude

ZZH...@yahoo.com

Aug 22, 2011, 11:56:35 AM8/22/11

You do realize if the US of A nuked the Middle East Russia (whats left
of it) and China would nuke us?

The US of A can't elminate speculation.

N...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2011, 12:08:54 PM8/22/11
On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 21:51:26 -0230, cloud dreamer
<dont....@the.messengers> wrote:

>On 21/08/2011 9:45 PM, DW wrote:
>> News item:
>>
>> Michelle Bachmann promises $2.00 gas under her
>> stewardship.
>>
>> Where gas goes into the world market at market
>> prices there is only one way Michelle Bachmann
>> could make good on this promise:
>>
>> Nationalize the oil companies in the US of A.
>>
>> That is the only way to get $2.00 gas.
>>

>Maybe she's under the delusion that they can drill for all they need
>within the US.

You do realize the price of gas is driven by world demand and
speculators?

Obama has no effect on it, neither will Bachmann.

You could increase drilling for oil 1,000% off the coast of the US
of A and the price will won't change a penny. In fact the price
could easily rise dramatically when OPEC shuts down their
spigot.

cloud dreamer

Aug 22, 2011, 12:11:06 PM8/22/11
On 22/08/2011 1:38 PM, N...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 21:51:26 -0230, cloud dreamer
> <dont....@the.messengers> wrote:
>
>> On 21/08/2011 9:45 PM, DW wrote:
>>> News item:
>>>
>>> Michelle Bachmann promises $2.00 gas under her
>>> stewardship.
>>>
>>> Where gas goes into the world market at market
>>> prices there is only one way Michelle Bachmann
>>> could make good on this promise:
>>>
>>> Nationalize the oil companies in the US of A.
>>>
>>> That is the only way to get $2.00 gas.
>>>

>> Maybe she's under the delusion that they can drill for all they need
>> within the US.
>
> You do realize the price of gas is driven by world demand and
> speculators?

Obviously, my point went way over your head.

..

--
We must change the way we live
Or the climate will do it for us

euphy

Aug 22, 2011, 6:20:44 PM8/22/11

That is a stupid statement, by you.

Gasoline was at $2.50 per gallon not terribly long ago - as recently as
2009. In fact, just prior to Mr. Obama taking office, the price of a
gallon of gass had dropped well below $2 per gallon. Since Obama came
in, we have seen very little seasonal relief at all and the price has
gone up relentlessly. We are just off the May 2011 peak.

There are many aspects of what drives the price to the levels where it
is at now, and there is absolutely nothing that makes her claim
impossible. Market speculation and refinery capacity are two big
factors, so if the law were changed to limit speculating, they "fast
tracked" refineries and opened up drilling, the effect would be to drive
prices down. How much? Who knows.

You can hate those ideas all day long, but it is NOT impossible. What
you really hate is how appealing that promise will sound to the voting
public. If you think that the current prices are based on supply
realities, then you aren't paying attention.

Padraigh ProAmerica

Aug 26, 2011, 6:27:28 PM8/26/11
Obama could triger a large drop in gasoline prices.

Reauthorize US drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and alow drilling off the
East Coast.

Speculators would drop the price immediately.

--
"Anyone who likes sausage and respects the law should not watch either
being made."-- Otto von Bismarck --

ZZH...@yahoo.com

Aug 27, 2011, 2:01:35 AM8/27/11
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:27:28 -0400, ogr...@webtv.net (Padraigh
ProAmerica) wrote:

>Obama could triger a large drop in gasoline prices.
>
>Reauthorize US drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and alow drilling off the
>East Coast.
>
>Speculators would drop the price immediately.

No the prices would not drop. If anything they would probably rise
as OPEC would shut down their spigot cuting their supply by an
equal amount if not more.