Tory Holt

Ron W.

Apr 20, 2010, 4:35:28 PM4/20/10
Patriots today signed Fa Tory Holt. Holt, who is 34, played the bulk of his
career with the Rams, and recently with the Jaguars. He WAS a star with the
Rams, and caught 50 passes last year, with a 14 yd avg.
This tells me that the Pats are not going to draft a top receiver. Keep on
going on the cheap, Bill!

Hello? HELLO? Anyone here?

PatsSox

Apr 20, 2010, 5:22:31 PM4/20/10

"Ron W." <ronc...@comcast.net> wrote in message ...

Some of us are still here... wading through the politics and troll
postings in an effort to find posts like yours. thanks!

Remy McSwain

Apr 21, 2010, 6:45:02 AM4/21/10
In news:hql36h$p42$1...@news.eternal-september.org,

It tells me no such thing. BB is infamous for loading up at any
position where he thinks it could help the team. Unless this guy
signed for lots of guarenteed money, I just think he wants t see
what he's got left in the tank.

NK

Apr 21, 2010, 7:02:50 AM4/21/10

And, the notion that the Pats do things "on the cheap" is nonsense.
They always spend to within tickling distance of the cap, and you
*have* to go into a season with some cap space, otherwise it's tough
to pick up quality players when your signed players go down with
season ending injuries.

--
NK

Remy McSwain

Apr 21, 2010, 9:48:11 AM4/21/10
In news:vbmts51vn8eddh7p6...@4ax.com,

I fully agree. This whole "Kraft is cheap" thing is born of
ignorance about how the cap works, and of how the Pats have always
spent all available money on players. I think they've mis-spent
some of the available money in recent years, and I think it's a myth
that the Pats have been great personnel decision makers. BB and
Pioli had a couple of great personnel years when they first arrived,
but since then, the drafts have been well below par, and there've
been a whole host of FA mistakes.

But the charge of cheap is simply nonsense.

Ron W.

Apr 21, 2010, 3:05:15 PM4/21/10

"Remy McSwain" <Paradi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I constantly hear on the radio talk shows that the Pats are 8 mil under the
cap. There has to be SOME truth to all this.

Remy McSwain

Apr 22, 2010, 7:51:46 AM4/22/10
In news:hqni9f$oo$1...@news.eternal-september.org,

I'm not sure how they can be under any non-existent cap. But even
if they were right now, that would not be unusual at this time of
the season. There's still lots more to spend in terms of signing
draft choices, other free agents, and possibly extending existing
contracts. The primary point, though, is that there's nothing in
their history to remotely suggest that they're cheap. They have
always spent up to the cap. You can't take a decade of history of
doing so, and then ignore it to make a claim like that.