OT Coloorado

0an...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2012, 11:01:35 PM7/20/12
in the wake of the Colorado shootings iit's time to ban guns.

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Jul 21, 2012, 8:14:15 AM7/21/12
On Friday, July 20, 2012 11:01:35 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
> in the wake of the Colorado shootings iit's time to ban guns.

It's time to ban Batman movies.

mr dude

cloud dreamer

Jul 21, 2012, 8:55:54 AM7/21/12
On 21/07/2012 12:31 AM, 0an...@gmail.com wrote:
> in the wake of the Colorado shootings iit's time to ban guns.

Oh no!!! You can't ban them!! You must give a gun to everyone!! That's
the only way they can be safe.

Yeah. That's what the gun nuts will tell you. It's an asinine idea. Can
you imagine the bloodbath that would have ensued in a dark location like
this if everyone had a gun. People who, for the most part, have no
formal training beyond shooting at a neat little target.

Yeah. Imagine them pulling out their gun to "protect" themselves.
Imagine the confusion over who is the original gunman and who is
"protecting" themselves.

The utter stupidity of this argument is mindboggling.

The freedom to bare arms referred to a militia and muskets.

Not to every civilian with easy access to hundreds of rounds that can be
fired off in a matter of seconds.

..

--
We must change the way we live
Or the climate will do it for us

Cry Me A River

Jul 22, 2012, 5:17:16 AM7/22/12
In article <jr6k0812en71124qo...@4ax.com>
0an...@gmail.com wrote:

> in the wake of the Colorado shootings iit's time to ban guns.

How about if we ban stupid people with "O" stickers on their
cars instead?

Polarhound

Jul 22, 2012, 11:40:01 AM7/22/12
I know how to make them safe!

We just need to require these businesses to put up the following sign:

NO WEAPONS ALLOWED
ATTENTION CRIMINALS
This is a Defense Free Crime Zone

All Law Abiding Patrons Of This Establishment
Have Been Disarmed For Your Convenience

Enjoy
The Management

Padraigh ProAmerica

Jul 22, 2012, 11:19:12 PM7/22/12

OT Coloorado

Group: alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots Date: Fri, Jul 20, 2012,
11:01pm From: 0an...@gmail.com
in the wake of the Colorado shootings iit's time to ban guns.

=============================

So tell us, Bubbles, do you have a specific workable plan or are you
just a stoned liberal whining again?

--
"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff. "--

Frank Zappa

cloud dreamer

Jul 23, 2012, 8:37:20 AM7/23/12
On 23/07/2012 12:49 AM, Padraigh ProAmerica wrote:

> OT Coloorado
>
> Group: alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots Date: Fri, Jul 20, 2012,
> 11:01pm From: 0an...@gmail.com
> in the wake of the Colorado shootings iit's time to ban guns.
>
> =============================
>
> So tell us, Bubbles, do you have a specific workable plan or are you
> just a stoned liberal whining again?

Lets see you say that when your teenage kids get their heads blown off
in school, at the mall or in a theatre.

Amazing how Conservatives let their ideology make them stupid.

Padraigh ProAmerica

Jul 23, 2012, 8:49:23 AM7/23/12

Re: OT Coloorado

Group: alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots Date: Mon, Jul 23, 2012,
10:07am (EDT+1:30) From: TJM...@really.small.penis (cloud dreamer)
On 23/07/2012 12:49 AM, Padraigh ProAmerica wrote:
OT Coloorado
Group: alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots Date: Fri, Jul 20, 2012,
11:01pm From: 0an...@gmail.com
in the wake of the Colorado shootings iit's time to ban guns.
=============================
So tell us, Bubbles, do you have a specific workable plan or are you
just a stoned liberal whining again?
Lets see you say that when your teenage kids get their heads blown off
in school, at the mall or in a theatre.
Amazing how Conservatives let their ideology make them stupid.

=================================

1) Knowing my families medical histories I made a concious decision not
to father children.

2) Guns are illegal in those places in most places. Mass murderers don't
obey those laws; what makes you think they'll obey one more?

3) Do YOU have a specific, workable plan that will pass Constitutional
muster, or are you just a stoned liberal whining again?
    ..
--
We must change the way we live
   Or the climate will do it for us

cloud dreamer

Jul 23, 2012, 8:56:45 AM7/23/12
On 23/07/2012 10:19 AM, Padraigh ProAmerica wrote:

> Re: OT Coloorado
>
> Group: alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots Date: Mon, Jul 23, 2012,
> 10:07am (EDT+1:30) From: TJM...@really.small.penis (cloud dreamer)
> On 23/07/2012 12:49 AM, Padraigh ProAmerica wrote:
> OT Coloorado
> Group: alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots Date: Fri, Jul 20, 2012,
> 11:01pm From: 0an...@gmail.com
> in the wake of the Colorado shootings iit's time to ban guns.
> =============================
> So tell us, Bubbles, do you have a specific workable plan or are you
> just a stoned liberal whining again?
> Lets see you say that when your teenage kids get their heads blown off
> in school, at the mall or in a theatre.
> Amazing how Conservatives let their ideology make them stupid.
>
> =================================
>
> 1) Knowing my families medical histories I made a concious decision not
> to father children.

Insert niece or nephew or close friend's child...or girlfriend or best
friend....sheesh.

> 2) Guns are illegal in those places in most places. Mass murderers don't
> obey those laws; what makes you think they'll obey one more?

If they're illegal, how did he just walk into a shop and buy them?

> 3) Do YOU have a specific, workable plan that will pass Constitutional
> muster, or are you just a stoned liberal whining again?

You'd be whining if someone close to you got their head shot off because
of your idiotic clinging to this stupidity called "right to bare arms."
Too stupid to understand it refers to the military, not to every
civilian with a small penis.

Like I said, your ideology makes you stupid. Common sense says weapons
have to be regulated. If everyone was on the same page, it wouldn't be a
problem, but when you have $$$$ involved, the welfare of the populace is
ignored.

It's a sad commentary on the state of your society. Children are being
murdered in school, in malls and in the theatres and you still stick to
your guns.

Sad. Shameful. Idiotic.

Padraigh ProAmerica

Jul 23, 2012, 11:31:48 AM7/23/12
They are regulated.

There are over 20,000 gun control laws of one form or another.

What makes you think one more is going to make a differece?

WHat is your specific, workable plan tha will pass Constitutional
muster? Remember, the Supreme Court recently ruled that the Second
Amendment is an INDIVIDUAL right.

As for my intelligence- if your argument is so wak you have to resort to
ad homniem attacks you've already shown the low level of yours.

cloud dreamer

Jul 23, 2012, 12:11:19 PM7/23/12
On 23/07/2012 1:01 PM, Padraigh ProAmerica wrote:
> They are regulated.

Ummm...no. If they were regulated, a mentally ill young adult wouldn't
be able to get weapons then go to school and shoot 32 people.

> There are over 20,000 gun control laws of one form or another.
>
> What makes you think one more is going to make a differece?

Because the ones in place are OBVIOUSLY not working.

> WHat is your specific, workable plan tha will pass Constitutional
> muster? Remember, the Supreme Court recently ruled that the Second
> Amendment is an INDIVIDUAL right.

Doesn't make them right. I makes them cater to the rich gun lobby.

You people really need to stop holding up the constitution as something
that is infallible. It's not. It has to change with the times. But
you're all sheep to the 1% and you're too blind to see it.

> As for my intelligence- if your argument is so wak you have to resort to
> ad homniem attacks you've already shown the low level of yours.

But it's okay for you to insult my nation by calling it "Canuckistan."

Hypocrite.

Padraigh ProAmerica

Jul 23, 2012, 1:15:59 PM7/23/12
Was he declared mentally ill by a court?

We have this funny liittle concept in this country you might have heard
of- innocent until proven guilty. Unless he was adjudicated as insane or
had been in a mental health facility for treatment, in the eyes of the
law, he was not mentaly ill.

A moments reflection as to having a lower threshold should reveal to you
the... mischef... a false acusation of mental illness could cause. Loss
of job and employment possibilities are just an example.

Our mental health system needs an overhaul. But until smeone coms up
with a system that is fair and not open to manipulation, we're stuck
with what we have,

Rich gun lobby???

BWAAAHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

I don't know which is funnier- your obvious ignorance of the Supreme
Court or your raving paranoia.

Some of my ancestors are from Canada. They left due to the bigotry of
their neighbors- seems Ontarians had a problem with farmers from Quebec.
Didn't like the fact they were Catholic and were bilingual.

Gun control simply does not work in the U.S> and will not.

BTW- if you're Canadian, WTF are you compaining about OUR laws for?

cloud dreamer

Jul 23, 2012, 2:03:20 PM7/23/12
On 23/07/2012 2:45 PM, Padraigh ProAmerica wrote:
> Was he declared mentally ill by a court?
>
> We have this funny liittle concept in this country you might have heard
> of- innocent until proven guilty. Unless he was adjudicated as insane or
> had been in a mental health facility for treatment, in the eyes of the
> law, he was not mentaly ill.

Cho was mentally ill. The doctors declared him so. Yet he was still able
to obtain weapons.

> A moments reflection as to having a lower threshold should reveal to you
> the... mischef... a false acusation of mental illness could cause. Loss
> of job and employment possibilities are just an example.
>
> Our mental health system needs an overhaul. But until smeone coms up
> with a system that is fair and not open to manipulation, we're stuck
> with what we have,

And your kids won't be safe in the meantime.

> Rich gun lobby???
>
> BWAAAHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!
>
> I don't know which is funnier- your obvious ignorance of the Supreme
> Court or your raving paranoia.

Just because you choose not to see the facts doesn't make them disappear.

> Some of my ancestors are from Canada. They left due to the bigotry of
> their neighbors- seems Ontarians had a problem with farmers from Quebec.
> Didn't like the fact they were Catholic and were bilingual.

Don't slap that kind of stupidity in my face. Not when blacks in the
south still live in a society where they are still considered second
class citizens. I lived in Quebec for a number of years. I know what
it's like to be an Anglo is a French society. If your ancestors couldn't
handle that, that says a lot about them and nothing about Canada.
Bigotry up here is virtually non-existent compared to the US where I
still come across people using the N word....AND THINK THERE'S NOTHING
WRONG WITH IT!

> Gun control simply does not work in the U.S> and will not.
>
> BTW- if you're Canadian, WTF are you compaining about OUR laws for?

Another sign of your utter ignorance over the whole issue. Where do you
think the excess guns on our streets come from????

<shaking head>

You need to understand that instead of labelling all "liberals" as
whiners, you have to take the time to understand the issue. No one is
saying you have to get rid of all of your guns and that there should be
NO guns on the street. (Conservative propaganda...and yes, I understand
you like to lap that up in spades). The problem is that it is FAR TOO
EASY to get them.

FAR TOO EASY.

And no one has a reason to own an assault weapon. WHY ON EARTH DID
HOLMES HAVE A 100 ROUND MAGAZINE????? WHY ONE EARTH IS SOMETHING LIKE
THAT AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

Get over yourself. No civilian has a need for that kind of firepower.

Or are you really that stupid that you think an assault weapon with 100
round magazine is needed for home protection or to go hunting?

<sheesh>

Padraigh ProAmerica

Jul 23, 2012, 3:53:44 PM7/23/12
A lot of good a 100-round magazine did him; he rifle jammed. Looks cool,
but drum magazines have never worked properly (in WW2, some Thompson
SMGs were issued with drum magazines; they were quickly replaced by
'stick' magazines due to repeated failure in combat).

Cho was not LEGALLY declared mentally ill. He was not confined. That was
a failure of the system.

Where I (and what remians of my family) live, guns are readiily
available, and are rarely used in crimes. Criminals fear an armed
populace.

I see someone who doesn;t understand how the Bill of Rights works. It is
NOT a list of rights granted by the Government. It is a RESTRICTION on
GOVERNMENT power. Thus claiming the Second Amendment applies only to the
military flies in the face of the intent of the BOR.

This interpertation is buttressed by two Supreme Court decisions. The
more recent one is that the Second Amendment is an individual, not a
collective right; an earlier decisoon was that the meaning of the word
"people" in the BOR meaant the same thing in each Amendment where it was
used; to have a collective interpertation of the 2nd would require a
diferent definition of people.

My ancestors were from Quebec and moved to Ontario for a better life.
The faced discrimination becuase they were 'different'; and came here.
None of my family ever lived in the deep south so I bear no guilt. Some
blacks are stil poor; some have lifted themselves up. Same with whites.
It's not all due to discrimination. Some is self-inflicted.

The only way to stop criminals from bringing in what you don;t want id
to fortify the border. Ain't a good idea and it ain't gonna happen.

There's restrictions on purchases, vatying from state to state. The
lowest level is Federal law: fill out a form under penalty of perjury,
and a background check is made. If your name comes back with no felony
or domestic abuse charges, or menatl problems, you are a legal
purchaser.

Some people like to make a loit of noise. A 100-round magazine has no
practical purpose, but some like the fun of popping a lot of caps at the
range. Their choice.

Your dislike of individual choice is duly noted. These weapons are so
rarely used in crimes it's shocking when they are. Now, how many of that
very small number are going to use these magazines? This is the first
time I've even heard of these megamagazines.

cloud dreamer

Jul 23, 2012, 4:27:02 PM7/23/12
Wow. You really have yourself convinced. Excuses for everything and you
can't see the root of the problem. Sad.

You know, it's an individual choice to do 200 mph down the interstate, too.

Your approval of individual choice is duly noted.

Sheesh. Like talking to a brick wall.

..

--

I told you so. You damned fools.

- H.G. Wells

Polarhound

Jul 23, 2012, 5:57:34 PM7/23/12
On 7/23/2012 8:37 AM, cloud dreamer wrote:

> Lets see you say that when your teenage kids get their heads blown off
> in school, at the mall or in a theatre.
>
> Amazing how Conservatives let their ideology make them stupid.

But schools, malls and theaters are supposed to be gun
freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee zones! What happened to the magical wards that
keep anyone from entering with an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil gun?

Incoming liberals blaming the Cheney Weather Machine for the malfunction

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Jul 23, 2012, 7:44:51 PM7/23/12
Because it is also available to the Federal Imperial government.

You communists in Canuckistan never fought for independence. You are all meek sheep. Render your opinions when you and your fellow Canuckistanians have put some real skin in the game.

mr dude

Message has been deleted