Who goes first?

Ray O'Hara

Oct 12, 2010, 1:03:28 PM10/12/10
the Incompetent Singletary
or the dreadfully woeful Son-of-Bum.
or Chan not the man Gaily

I figure Phillips, Jerry Jones has been patient with him and it's not paying
off.
the Boys are regressing each season under Wade.

Singletary just looks lost.
but he has a solid rep as a man so I think he'll be allowed to finish the
season

Gaily is one of those guys like Phillips that inexplicably keeps getting
hired.
but they are used to suffering in Buffalo, so Chan probably lasts the Season
too.

you have to feel for the poor Buffaloons, even on a nice day it sucks to be
there and there are like 10 nice days there a year.
their "glory days" are the worst run of Super Bowl heartbreak ever and the
biggest star was Jim "Shot Glass' Kelly.
they seem to be nice people there so one wonders what Karma god did they
offend.

Michael

Oct 12, 2010, 1:33:49 PM10/12/10

poor chan took over a disaster of a team with no qb. i dont think
chan is a winner, but he has not had time yet or given the resources
to prove out one way or the other. heck sake, the management there is
horrible and the ownership wont spend

wade... i feel bad for any cheff that cooks with a guy behind him
tossing in ingredaints that he does not want in there. the cowboys
problems have less to do with wade and more to do with how jones built
the roster.

singlerary... no way near time to fire him. his team has played hard
all the time and does not quit. they are a hair away from having
thee wins. they need a better qb and better play calling.

all three of those guys IMHO are sympathetic figures...

the bills ownership sucks
the cowboys ownership gets in the way
the 49'ers critics need to shut up and see how close they are to being
a good team.

Smithee

Oct 12, 2010, 2:24:38 PM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 1:03 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Wade is gone. Jerry Jones was drooling over the possibility of
hosting a SuperBowl and this is most certainly NOT what he had in
mind.

Harlan Lachman

Oct 12, 2010, 2:29:26 PM10/12/10
In article
<fd558cc4-03e1-417d...@l14g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:

I thought I would disagree with Michael's post before I finished reading
it.

While I think hiring Gailey was indicative of the problem rather than a
victim of it (i.e., Bills ownership is cheap and s_cks), Michael is
right that no credible candidate takes this job with this owner.

And I have always thought Wade was incompetent. But Bill P leaving after
Jones force fed TO down his throat and was proven to be a disruptive
force that hurt the team, proves that Owner interference might have
hobbled even the most competent coach.

And, I agree that Singletary gets the season, because he has turned the
49ers into a credible team that should win and his key mistake was
choice of Qbs.

harlan

IYM

Oct 12, 2010, 3:16:55 PM10/12/10

I can't wish for someone to die, but I wish 'ol Ralph Wilson would just
retire and wash his hand of the Bills so there can be some direction for
that team. He an Al Davis should go get a shared room at some nursing
home. It seems like everything is in limbo until he does one or the
other. Once Ralph is out of the picture, maybe the team will get a
competent owner who a decent HC would be willing to work for, or that
the team moves, or just something. This is a Jets forum, but I'm sure
it'd be in the best interest of even the Jets in terms of home ticket
sales, to have a stronger divisional Bills team. It'd be a bit easier
to fill up a Jets home game in Jan with 5 deg temps to watch a decent
divisional game than to watch the Jets scrimmage against the upstate NY
high school jr. varsity team the Bills are putting out as a viable
product now.

John C TX

Oct 12, 2010, 3:47:06 PM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 2:16 pm, IYM <"S U N risr"@optonline.net> wrote:
> Harlan Lachman wrote:
> > In article
> > <fd558cc4-03e1-417d-86ab-2df0413b9...@l14g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

Until the old man retires or passes away -- the rumors of his estate
planning, or lack of the same make it critical it happens this year on
keeping it in Buffalo-- they will have to hit a home run with a young
coach or someone desperate for a shot at GM & coach.

Phillips is toast. The Bob Stoops rumors will start again.

Singeltary may get one more year.

Michael

Oct 12, 2010, 4:40:03 PM10/12/10
On Oct 12, 2:29 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <fd558cc4-03e1-417d-86ab-2df0413b9...@l14g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

since you are right about 50 % of the time, you have the clout to
consider my commentary to be toilet paper before you read it :-)

another bit to add... im actually dissapointed that the bills dont
have a good team. i'd take another good quality div rival over a walk-
over any day of the week. i want entertainment, not blow-outs...
winning without contest is as fun as pissing on cardboard.

Harlan Lachman

Oct 12, 2010, 5:25:53 PM10/12/10
In article
<3243d4d3-121c-41f7...@g17g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,
Smithee <ssmit...@hotmail.com> wrote:

For some, disappointment is an important learning experience. For
others, it is continued unwarranted punishment by the Fates. But for
folks like Jerry Jones, it is the poetic justice that equals the joy of
a sunny, warm day; a nice easy steady wind on a fast sailboat; first
tracks on a nice ski day in just the right amount of new snow; or the
first thought that a potential partner is going to say or do "Yes."

Could not happen to a more appropriate person.

harlan

euphy

Oct 17, 2010, 6:09:35 PM10/17/10
On 10/12/2010 12:03 PM, Ray O'Hara wrote:
> the Incompetent Singletary
> or the dreadfully woeful Son-of-Bum.
> or Chan not the man Gaily
>
> I figure Phillips, Jerry Jones has been patient with him and it's not paying
> off.
> the Boys are regressing each season under Wade.

You may not actually care, but I think that the aspect of the Cowboys
head coaching job that may not be apparent unless you happen to live
near Dallas is why Phillips has this job and will likely keep it.

Here is a glimpse of the picture: Jerry Jones is probably the only
owner in the NFL that has his own TV show. Like the one your team's
coach has, Jerry has his weekly show during the season. Jerry gets
interviewed after every game. Jerry is front and center in all things
Cowboys. Jerry has special needs and his needs require a head coach who
is cool with Jerry's ice-cold hand being shoved up his ass and working
the controls that make his lips move, head turn and eyes move. Think of
Wade as a big sock puppet.

There is one very interesting dynamic at play this year... The Texas
Rangers are hogging up a huge share of Jerry's spot light. Their Ball
Park is about a mile from Jerry's new palace, home of the 2011 Super
Bowl and people are camping out at the Ball Park looking to score World
Series tickets. This happened (coincidentally?) they year that the
Rangers were finally ripped away from the long time owner, Tom Hicks.
More than a few people here think Jerry Jones is one of the biggest
problems with the Cowboys... and the recent developments with the
Rangers will only serve to reinforce the idea that ownership has an
enormous effect on the team that runs right out onto the field.

Jerry will never fire or silence himself and he's at no risk of going
broke. He gets $100 for nose-bleed seats, $40 for SRO tickets and $90
for a pizza with no special toppings. I personally think Jerry will
have to keep Wade, but maybe he could give Campo his old job back? Dave
was an even better sock puppet than Wade is... I think he's currently
making coffee and doing donut runs, but he is back on the staff.

euphy

Oct 17, 2010, 6:18:30 PM10/17/10
> coach or someone desperate for a shot at GM& coach.

> Phillips is toast. The Bob Stoops rumors will start again.
>
> Singeltary may get one more year.

John C TX, Euphy in Arlington sez ya got it wrong.

Wade is golden unless his sphincter locks up and breaks Jerry's wrist.
Singletary is staring at the unemployment line and Gailey is the best
Buffalo can do given what they have to offer. That's why he's there
now... (Did you enjoy the horseshit about the Bills going after Cowher?)

Who is Jerry going to hire that will be an upgrade over Phillips? Where
do you advertise that job? "Second Banana" section of the local
classifieds?

I think the Tuna is going to be available... he's played out the string
in Miami.

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Oct 17, 2010, 10:32:37 PM10/17/10
On Oct 17, 6:09 pm, euphy <eüphem...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Jerry will never fire or silence himself and he's at no risk of going
> broke.  He gets $100 for nose-bleed seats, $40 for SRO tickets and $90
> for a pizza with no special toppings.  I personally think Jerry will
> have to keep Wade, but maybe he could give Campo his old job back?  Dave
> was an even better sock puppet than Wade is...  I think he's currently
> making coffee and doing donut runs, but he is back on the staff.

Your point is moot!!!!

Jones will fire Wade and hire Tony Dungy within the next two weeks.

Jones needs a pliant coach to do his bidding.

Once again you have failed to grasp the enormity of a simple
situation.

mr dude (full of contradictions)

p.s. tell your Mom I said "hi".

Nunya Bidnits

Oct 20, 2010, 3:45:35 PM10/20/10

Singletary is Herm Edwards incarnate, the Peter Principle in action.
Therefore, he'll be given at least another year to drive his team further
into the landfill.

The Bills won't fire their moron because they can't hire Herm Edwards away
from his ESPN contract, and we all know he's the guy to rebuild a team.
Besides, I really want Gailey to stay put, at least until after the Chiefs
play the Jills and let Chan know how happy everyone is in KC with the job
done by he and The Herminator. I hope to see utter, merciless humiliation.

That leaves Phillips. So we agree. No doubt Jerrah will have his head, as
soon as 10 days or so if they lose their next game.

MartyB in KC
Go Chiefs!

Nunya Bidnits

Oct 21, 2010, 2:26:43 PM10/21/10

Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:
> wade... i feel bad for any cheff that cooks with a guy behind him
> tossing in ingredaints that he does not want in there. the cowboys
> problems have less to do with wade and more to do with how jones built
> the roster.

Nice! That gets my nomination for this month's most creative way to
analogize a team owner who meddles in personnel matters.

> all three of those guys IMHO are sympathetic figures...

Which means they are likely to keep their jobs far too long, even though
they are failures.

Gailey should go back to college ball. He's had multiple chances, and when
given his way will revert to a college style spread offense every time. His
style just doesn't cut it in the pros.

> the bills ownership sucks
> the cowboys ownership gets in the way
> the 49'ers critics need to shut up and see how close they are to being
> a good team.

The answer to the third one is light years. The Niners are now in a full
blown Herm Edwards style meltdown. Same story, different day. Popular figure
rises to a coaching job, another "players'" coach, who can't manage to put
the pieces together, doesn't demand that his team be very well physically
conditioned, and doesn't know how to develop talent in the NFL. Having
completely botched a rebuilding effort, the team is now going to be forced
to rebuild over the top of Singletary's failed rebuild. As they say, now
you're screwed. Look at the Chiefs. It has taken a total housecleaning, and
hiring some of the best coaching and management talent in the business and
two years later they are just now starting to recover from the
Peterson/Edwards/Vermiel/Robinson/Cunningham/Gailey fiasco.

But now, the high round draft picks labeled as busts under Edwards suddenly
are performing at top levels. The team is in top physical condition and
those who don't buy into that program have long since been cut. There were
few busts from the Edwards era in reality, except at the coaching level.
Mostly, there were poorly conditioned, poorly coached, increasingly
unmotivated players, who gradually slipped into a culture of losing, of
accepting poor performance. The same thing is happening now in SF and if
Singletary stays till the end of the season, that culture will by then be
permanently established and digging out is going to be exponentially more
difficult. Given another year you might see a zero win season.

Phillips goes first. Jerrah's ego won't allow him to keep paying yet another
head coach who has allowed this owner to ruin his future. Pay attention,
Wade. The price for accepting the destruction of your coaching career in
Dallas is being hounded mercilessly and then being unceremoniously kicked to
the curb for your saintly tolerance.

MartyB in KC