the 800 pound topic in the room.

Ray O'Hara

Dec 6, 2010, 12:56:24 AM12/6/10
well later today is the big game.
maybe the biggest game between the Pats and Jets.
neither group has been mentioning it much nor has the trash talk or
predictions been flying.

I expect either a close game or a blowout
.
both teams have been finding ways to win while giving their fans heart
attacks.
I'd wish the Jets good luck but I wouldn't mean it/
Pats 28-17.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Dec 6, 2010, 10:05:01 AM12/6/10
On Dec 6, 8:57 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't make predictions but my gut tells me we lose a close one or
> beat you by 14+.  I think you may be overvaluing your defense.

The Pats are flawed defensively and their offense can be stymied by
means of pre-post snap confusion. The Jets are underachieving on
offense, lack a bona fied pass rusher and have issues at the safely
position. What does that mean ??? IMHO, the game wont be decided by
the two talked about units; the Pats offense and the Jets defense.
The Jets offense will be the surprise of the game. I expect them to
leave their Sominex back home in Schotty's office.

Jets 30 Pats 27

*Bonus prediction... If the Jets dont wait for the playoff's to do
it... We may just see Brad Smith throw a pass out of the Wild Cat
tonight.

Harlan Lachman

Dec 6, 2010, 10:08:57 AM12/6/10
In article <idhtu5$19g$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Thanks Ray, I feel the same way. You and Mark and some blasts from the
past from this NG will be the only reason I will not be completely
depressed if we don't dominate and win.

Harlan

Harlan Lachman

Dec 6, 2010, 10:10:33 AM12/6/10
In article
<3438351a-1a3a-47af...@a28g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't make predictions but my gut tells me we lose a close one or
> beat you by 14+. I think you may be overvaluing your defense.

John, I think it goes opposite. I think we win a close game of 10 points
or less and risk being blown out if Rex/Shott cannot get the offense
going. No way we can take out four receivers all game against this team.

Tutor

Dec 6, 2010, 11:01:04 AM12/6/10
On Dec 6, 10:08 am, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article <idhtu5$19...@news.eternal-september.org>,

>  "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > well later today is the big game.
> > maybe the biggest game between the Pats and Jets.
> > neither group has been mentioning it much nor has the trash talk or
> > predictions been flying.
>
> > I expect either a close game or a blowout
> > .
> > both teams have been finding ways to win while giving their fans heart
> > attacks.
> > I'd wish the Jets good luck but I wouldn't mean it/
> > Pats 28-17.
>
> Thanks Ray, I feel the same way. You and Mark and some blasts from the
> past from this NG will be the only reason I will not be completely
> depressed if we don't dominate and win.
>
> Harlan

"Dominate?" I'll be very disappointed if the Jets don't win. But I
have no delusions that the Jets will dominate. That's just
unrealistic. The Patriots are a very good team that bends but doesn't
often break on defense.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Dec 6, 2010, 11:48:27 AM12/6/10
On Dec 6, 11:24 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > John, I think it goes opposite. I think we win a close game of 10 points
> > or less and risk being blown out if Rex/Shott cannot get the offense
> > going. No way we can take out four receivers all game against this team.

> H, I am as nervous as a cat in a sack so anything I say is BS.
> Leonard's injury didn't help.
>
> Like I said it was just a gut feeling.  Brady is a big time
> performer.  As a buddy from RSA would call it he has BMT for big match
> temperament.  If we can get some pressure -- I doubt we will throw the
> kitchen sink at him too often-- but enough to stymie him on 3rd down
> and Sanchez can play solid then we could do what the Browns did.
>
> The one upside to Leonard's injury is that we could get a game breaker
> as a punt returner. We also could fumble.

my spider sense is acting up again... i have a feeling that there
will be a bright silver lining to the leonhard injury... may be a big
play by e. smith or as you say... a big play by the punt returner
filling in for jimmy.

Ray O'Hara

Dec 6, 2010, 11:48:43 AM12/6/10

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

anybody who bets this game is crazed.

Mattu

Dec 6, 2010, 12:15:32 PM12/6/10

Being one of the elder statesman here:

Patriots 63
Jestards 0

Message has been deleted

Ray O'Hara

Dec 6, 2010, 1:35:14 PM12/6/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> =====================================================================================
>>
>> anybody who bets this game is crazed.
>
> Ray, anyone who bets any game is crazed.
>
> I have buddies I watch football with on Sunday. They bet 500-1000 each
> week. Every year I make the same offer place your bet with me & I
> will give you back 90% of your money at the end of the year.
>
> One wise guy who bets $1-5,000 makes a crack how about me. I told him
> I would give him back 95% as I would make it up in volume.

yup

all I ever needed to see was the odds on the "card" if you can pick just 4
winners they pay off at 10-1
picking 4 winners from all the pro and major college games looks easy.
yet the Mob rakes in millions every week.

Michael

Dec 6, 2010, 2:00:14 PM12/6/10
On Dec 6, 1:35 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:015e17e0-826d-4ff2...@q12g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...

> >> anybody who bets this game is crazed.
>
> > Ray, anyone who bets any game is crazed.
>
> > I have buddies I watch football with on Sunday. They bet 500-1000 each
> > week.    Every year I make the same offer place your bet with me & I
> > will give you back 90% of your money at the end of the year.
>
> > One wise guy who bets $1-5,000 makes a crack how about me.  I told him
> > I would give him back 95% as I would make it up in volume.
>
> yup
>
> all I ever needed to see was the odds on the "card" if you can pick just 4
> winners they pay off at 10-1
> picking 4 winners from all the pro and major college games looks easy.
> yet the Mob rakes in millions every week.

i only saw fit to bet on one game this year... my five star pick...
not saying that i did bet, mind you... only that i saw it fit to do
so.... i saw it fit to bet 100 bucks on the cowboys beating the giants
the week after gatter took over... and some one saw it fit to give me
some money after the game for some strange reason

cloud dreamer

Dec 6, 2010, 5:49:08 PM12/6/10

LOL

Pats 48
Jets 24

Jets have only beaten one winning team this season - the Pats - and won
a lot of close games over really bad teams. They're overrated.

Pats have beaten 4 teams .500 or better and are a better team then they
were in September.

And the Jets still have to get by Chicago and Pitts - both who will be
playing hard to stay on top of their division.

This is the Pat's game to lose. The Jets only win if the Pats don't come
to play, but after 11 days of prep, I can't see that.

Barring injuries of course.

I did leave my fingernails long...so that I'll have something to chew
off tonight....lol

..

Harlan Lachman

Dec 6, 2010, 6:07:50 PM12/6/10
In article
<830be3b5-bfa8-4c67...@a17g2000yql.googlegroups.com>,

John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > John, I think it goes opposite. I think we win a close game of 10 points
> > or less and risk being blown out if Rex/Shott cannot get the offense
> > going. No way we can take out four receivers all game against this team.

> H, I am as nervous as a cat in a sack so anything I say is BS.
> Leonard's injury didn't help.
>
> Like I said it was just a gut feeling. Brady is a big time
> performer. As a buddy from RSA would call it he has BMT for big match
> temperament. If we can get some pressure -- I doubt we will throw the
> kitchen sink at him too often-- but enough to stymie him on 3rd down
> and Sanchez can play solid then we could do what the Browns did.
>
> The one upside to Leonard's injury is that we could get a game breaker
> as a punt returner. We also could fumble.

And, as I posted earlier, I think Smith goes into the Box to replace
Leonhard where is is a little less of a liability.

Copp

Dec 6, 2010, 7:47:52 PM12/6/10
I think the Pats win but don't cover, 30-28.

By the way, for those of you who don't live in Mass,
it's bitter cold and very windy out there.

Ray O'Hara

Dec 6, 2010, 7:54:07 PM12/6/10

"Copp" <cr7...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I think the Pats win but don't cover, 30-28.
>
> By the way, for those of you who don't live in Mass,
> it's bitter cold and very windy out there.

and extra windy on top of that hilltop in Foxboro

Julio

Dec 6, 2010, 8:29:05 PM12/6/10
to mail...@dizum.com
I'd like 63-0 Pats, but I'll settle for 45-17 Pats.
And I don't want to hear any whining from the Jets
about injuries. The Pats have had no Ty Warren and
no Leigh Bodden since the beginning of the season.

J.

cloud dreamer

Dec 6, 2010, 8:31:37 PM12/6/10

What's sweet about this is not only that this is a Monday Night Football
game that is a great matchup, but it's the first of four good Monday
Night games.

Great December for football...now...where's the peanuts...

:)

Harlan Lachman

Dec 6, 2010, 11:20:39 PM12/6/10
In article <harlan-78A0E6....@news60.forteinc.com>,
Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:

Unfortunately, Rex is too dumb to do that. Eric Smith is a POS. But Rex
is the moron who exposed him.

RickyBobby

Dec 6, 2010, 11:38:10 PM12/6/10

"John C TX" wrote in message

I don't make predictions but my gut tells me we lose a close one or

beat you by 14+. I think you may be overvaluing your defense.

The walking personality disorder Ryan is no different than the walking
personality disorder McDaniels who just got fired. The sooner the Jets fire
Ryan the better off they will be.