Pats D

Copp

Nov 21, 2010, 9:06:01 PM11/21/10
For awhile I thought the Pats D problems were due to the offense
not being able to maintain possession and the D then getting tired.
But after tonight, I think it must be some mental problem that
the players have when the team gets ahead. They seem to be able
to hold any team close when the game is close, but when they get
ahead, they stop concentrating. That drive that ended the half
was due to a really bad missed tackle, and later in the 4th
quarter there mental errors all over the place. I guess every
good team has to have some luck to go the distance, but the
huge horseshoe in the butt must have meant some severe discomfort
for the players during this game.

This D's problem falls right into the hands of the Jets. The
Jets are great in the 2 min offense, and they already burned
the Pats once.

On the other hand....
There seem to be an awful lot of late comebacks this year by
teams with decent QB's. It could be that offenses have found
they can attack with the hurry-up offense effectively if the
players have good conditioning, and they are using it more,
and the defenses haven't caught up yet.
Right, Donovan?

`·.¸¸.·´¯)RåvÑsfån @(¯`·.¸¸.·´

Nov 21, 2010, 9:32:47 PM11/21/10
It's called the Prevent D (some have Prevent O as well), that every NFL team
claims not to run, however, all will when substantially ahead in the 3rd and
4th quarters. You own team benefited from same when they played the Ravens
in Foxboro and would likely have been cursed by same had Manning not
uncharacteristically thrown up the lame duck pass.

Drew
`·.¸¸.·´¯)RåvÑsfån ®(¯`·.¸¸.·´

"Copp" <cr7...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ray O'Hara

Nov 22, 2010, 9:43:40 AM11/22/10

"Copp" <cr7...@gmail.com> wrote in message

the Pats D is young and getting better.
they have the physical skills now they are gaining experience.
things will keep getting better.

Dano

Nov 22, 2010, 12:01:35 PM11/22/10

"Copp" <cr7...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> For awhile I thought the Pats D problems were due to the offense
> not being able to maintain possession and the D then getting tired.
> But after tonight, I think it must be some mental problem that
> the players have when the team gets ahead. They seem to be able
> to hold any team close when the game is close, but when they get
> ahead, they stop concentrating. That drive that ended the half
> was due to a really bad missed tackle, and later in the 4th
> quarter there mental errors all over the place. I guess every
> good team has to have some luck to go the distance, but the
> huge horseshoe in the butt must have meant some severe discomfort
> for the players during this game.
>
> This D's problem falls right into the hands of the Jets. The
> Jets are great in the 2 min offense, and they already burned
> the Pats once.

I know this is a bit simplistic, but I'll say it anyway. Two major factors.
Experience and leadership. But I see encouraging signs in the big plays of
late and the fact that they're gaining a lot of experience...and against
very tough teams. Teams there is a good chance they will see in the post
season at that. Sometimes you have to learn through making mistakes. If
that's true, they should be learning a lot.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 26, 2010, 9:30:43 PM11/26/10

"Dano" <janea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

in two seasons the Pat's D will be awesome.
their DBs and LBs are all 2nd year and rookies with just a few vets.
like you say it's experience. they do have talent.