Pass defense again.

Ray O'Hara

Oct 30, 2011, 4:26:30 PM10/30/11
this is pathetric.
is it time to change the coach?
the Defense has sucked for the past few years, is it becaue Pioli left or is
BB just too cheap to pay DBs and he assumes he can scheme with anybody. but
something has to be done. because the scheme and players flat out suck.

cloud dreamer

Oct 30, 2011, 4:49:47 PM10/30/11
I always give the D a pass on the first series regardless. Give them the
chance to read it. At least they've stopped trying to blitz him.
Obviously more success not doing that...lol

mrl

Oct 30, 2011, 5:04:07 PM10/30/11
The 2nd series wasn't that much better! This defense sucks. We've
always known that. It's sucked for a long time. Obviously, the team
owners and management don't care. As long as they score lots of
points, that's all they seem to care about. Creating an exciting
product to watch, rather than a team built to win a super bowl. It
is what it is.

Pittsburgh is #9 in Offense, and #3 in Defense. A nicely balanced
team. Prediction: A blow out win for Pittsburgh, and perhaps finally
BB will get the criticism he deserves.

cloud dreamer

Oct 30, 2011, 5:07:08 PM10/30/11
INTERCEPTION...by the "sucking" D.....

Ray O'Hara

Oct 30, 2011, 5:24:44 PM10/30/11

"cloud dreamer" <dont....@the.messengers> wrote in message
an interception on a badly thrown pass to an LB well out of position.
and Pitt just went the length of the field to score again. 17-7.
the Pass defense sucks, and they can't get off the field

cloud dreamer

Oct 30, 2011, 5:27:01 PM10/30/11
'

This game was jinxed the moment the pre-game guys started playing up the
number of wins NE had over the Steelers. LOL

Frankly, they are the only team left on the schedule that is of real
concern, so a loss here would not be a big deal.

Cause they'll come back angry at a Giants team that almost lost to Miami.

Heh.

..

Señor Patriots

Oct 30, 2011, 7:30:04 PM10/30/11
On Oct 30, 4:27 pm, cloud dreamer <dont.at...@the.messengers> wrote:
> On 30/10/2011 6:54 PM, Ray O'Hara wrote:
>

> > "cloud dreamer"<dont.at...@the.messengers>  wrote in message
They are what their record says they are. This seems to be one more
year of hoping and wishing that they had a real defense. Even the
offense had a bad day though. They really were not ready to play the
Steelers.

This was one of those games where not much went right, but the defense
showed once again that it is a second rate defense. I thought they
were on the right track. They had the Bye. They had two weeks to
prepare. They came out and did nothing.

cloud dreamer

Oct 30, 2011, 7:43:28 PM10/30/11
Yeah, if the offense had been just a tad better, this could have been a
win easily. As noted before the game, those coming off the bye are 3 and
9 so the bye can really be a double edged sword.

At least they didn't self-destruct in this one like they did in Buffalo.

And as I said, the rest of their schedule is winnable across the board.
They should do no worse than 12-4 but could do 14-2 (especially if that
last game against Buffalo turns out to be a tiebreaker).

..

Ray O'Hara

Oct 30, 2011, 8:28:10 PM10/30/11

"cloud dreamer" <dont....@the.messengers> wrote in message
the O isn't to blame the D is, Pitt had the ball all game, they burned the
clock with long drives, the Idiot DeOssie said they "only gave up 23 points"
which was true. but they let Pitt do it using 45 minutes of the clock.

cloud dreamer

Oct 30, 2011, 8:30:18 PM10/30/11
On 30/10/2011 9:58 PM, Ray O'Hara wrote:
> "cloud dreamer"<dont....@the.messengers> wrote in message
But the Pitt O would not have been on the field all night had the NE O
being able to put together some sustained drives. They share in the defeat.

..

Ray O'Hara

Oct 30, 2011, 9:54:51 PM10/30/11

> On 30/10/2011 9:58 PM, Ray O'Hara wrote:
>> "cloud dreamer"<dont....@the.messengers> wrote in message
Pitt had ball 7 mins. Pats didn't move Pitt Had ball rest of Qtr.
O can't get going when it doesn't touch bal

cloud dreamer

Oct 30, 2011, 10:07:34 PM10/30/11
On 30/10/2011 11:24 PM, Ray O'Hara wrote:
> "cloud dreamer"<dont....@the.messengers> wrote in message
>> On 30/10/2011 9:58 PM, Ray O'Hara wrote:
>>> "cloud dreamer"<dont....@the.messengers> wrote in message
But if the Pats had moved, Pitt would not have seen the ball for the
rest of the qtr.

It's give and take. If the O can't stay on the field long enough to give
the D a rest, they can't take the brunt of the blame while the O sat
back and relaxed.

..

Ray O'Hara

Oct 31, 2011, 12:04:19 AM10/31/11

"cloud dreamer" <dont....@the.messengers> wrote in message
When a team holds the ball for 14 minutes of the1st qtr and you only have
the ball once it's the defense's fault.
The D cant give up every 3rd and long, Pittsburg punted just once today. and
that was their last possesion with just seconds left.
the Pats had an INT and once the half ran out, otherwise everytime Pitt got
the ball in the first three qtrs they scored and easily averaged 5 minutes
a possession.