Man to man coverage smothers the Patriots.

1 view

mrl

Nov 10, 2011, 9:09:35 PM11/10/11

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2011, 2:59:40 PM11/11/11

"mrl" <markr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:e5c98b62-a76d-416d...@r9g2000vbw.googlegroups.com...
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204554204577024081645370896.html

The Pats offense is just fine. the trouble is the defense.
they have the worst set of DBs I've ever seen
they had the lead against the Giants with 1:30 to play and the defense let
the Giants easily walk down the field, with a few key penalties caused by
players who were out of position and who ran over receivers trying to make
up for it.

cloud dreamer

Nov 11, 2011, 3:22:32 PM11/11/11
There was something wrong with the offense. Why did they go from scoring
30+ to struggling to get 20? When they were scoring 30+, it didn't
matter that the defense was letting the other team get 20. Now that the
offense can't do that either, it becomes a problem.

Yes, there's a problem with the defense. It wasn't a concern until the O
started to flounder.

..

--
We must change the way we live
Or the climate will do it for us

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2011, 4:57:09 PM11/11/11

"cloud dreamer" <Sa...@ResourcesRight.now> wrote in message
because the D can't get the ball. the enemy team gets the ball and they
keep it for seven minute drives.
the Pats are scoring lee because they have the Ball fewer times, but the O
tleaves the field with the lead and the D gives it up.
you aren't going to score 30 points in every game, and if that is what it
takes then you are going to lose games.

PatsSox

Nov 11, 2011, 5:04:55 PM11/11/11

"cloud dreamer" <Sa...@ResourcesRight.now> wrote in message ...
> On 11/11/2011 4:29 PM, Ray O'Hara wrote:
>> "mrl"<markr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204554204577024081645370896.html

>> The Pats offense is just fine. the trouble is the defense.
>> they have the worst set of DBs I've ever seen
>> they had the lead against the Giants with 1:30 to play and the defense
>> let
>> the Giants easily walk down the field, with a few key penalties caused by
>> players who were out of position and who ran over receivers trying to
>> make
>> up for it.
>>

> There was something wrong with the offense. Why did they go from scoring
> 30+ to struggling to get 20? When they were scoring 30+, it didn't matter
> that the defense was letting the other team get 20. Now that the offense
> can't do that either, it becomes a problem.
>
> Yes, there's a problem with the defense. It wasn't a concern until the O
> started to flounder.

Brady. He just hasn't been himself. He's not seeing guys wide
open downfield... and ya gotta wonder who the hell he was throwing to at
times. Personal or physical... something's not right with Mr. Brady.

cloud dreamer

Nov 11, 2011, 5:07:36 PM11/11/11
But if the O can't keep the D off the field, the D will suffer, they
will tire. In the last three games, it's the O that's not spending
enough time on the field.

Never said they had to score 30+ to win. I did say, yes, the D has
problems, but the O has made up for it with stellar performances. The O
made up for their shortcomings. In the last 3 games, the D's
accomplishments haven't changed much. The O has.

Once they started faltering, they lost games.

And why they went out of their way to give the Giants so much time at
the end of the game, I'll never understand. They were more than 15 yards
from the endzone. They could have used up a lot of time getting to 1st
and goal, but they repeated the mistake from the SB. They rushed it and
gave the Giants too much time.

cloud dreamer

Nov 11, 2011, 5:08:57 PM11/11/11
Just like with his foot, bet we'll hear something....something that
happened prior to the Dallas game.

They did perform well at the end of the Giants game. Fluke or were they
getting their groove back? We'll see Sunday night.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2011, 11:52:31 PM11/11/11

"cloud dreamer" <Sa...@ResourcesRight.now> wrote in message
the O gets the ball and usually scores.
in the Pitt game, the steelers got the ball first, they held it seven
minutes, the Pats didn't when they had the ball. it happens, they didn't get
the ball back again in the first qtr, Pitt had the ball for 14 minutes. they
punted just once in the game, when there was 30 seconds left. that is the D.
when the Pats play a team with a real defense there are times they won't
score, the defense then can't pick up the slack.
thre Pats problems are 100% the defense.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2011, 11:54:09 PM11/11/11

"PatsSox" <Pat...@NErawks.com> wrote in message
oh damn. he doesn't complete 100% of his passes, the enemy can complete
30-40% of their passes and they'll get 1st downs every time.

cloud dreamer

Nov 12, 2011, 8:48:12 AM11/12/11
Exactly. They "usually" do. But in the last three games, they haven't
been. It's completely irrelevant how long Pitt or anyone else had the
ball. Why didn't NE put together some 5 or 8 minute drives? If they had
done that, like they had in the previous games, the D would have been
better rested and the other team's O would have had less time with the
ball.

Like I said, the D has always needed work and the O has made up for
their deficiencies. In the last three games, the D has managed to still
hold the opponent down in points despite more time on the field, but the
O hasn't been putting up the points to compensate.

They were more on their game in the second half of the last one. We'll
see tomorrow night if they have figured out what went on.

If not, that trip the New Zealand is looming!

MuahMan

Nov 12, 2011, 12:20:08 PM11/12/11
On Nov 11, 3:22 pm, cloud dreamer <S...@ResourcesRight.now> wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 4:29 PM, Ray O'Hara wrote:
>
> > "mrl"<markrlon...@gmail.com>  wrote in message
> >>http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297020455420457702408164537...
>
> > The Pats offense is just fine. the trouble is the defense.
> > they have the worst set of DBs I've ever seen
> > they had the lead against the Giants with 1:30 to play and the defense let
> > the Giants easily walk down the field, with a few key penalties caused by
> > players who were out of position and who ran over receivers trying to make
> > up for it.
>
> There was something wrong with the offense. Why did they go from scoring
> 30+ to struggling to get 20? When they were scoring 30+, it didn't
> matter that the defense was letting the other team get 20. Now that the
> offense can't do that either, it becomes a problem.
>
> Yes, there's a problem with the defense. It wasn't a concern until the O
> started to flounder.
>
>   ..
>
> --
> We must change the way we live
>    Or the climate will do it for us

Tom Brady is hurt and it's not in the reports. Guaranteed!

Ray O'Hara

Nov 12, 2011, 6:52:18 PM11/12/11

"cloud dreamer" <Sa...@ResourcesRight.now> wrote in message >>>>>> The Pats
offense is just fine. the trouble is the defense.

don't be stupid. the defense always matters, it is the defense that's
killing this team,
this "Oh we'll just win in a shootout" every week is unrealistic.

cloud dreamer

Nov 12, 2011, 7:01:00 PM11/12/11
Seriously? Please don't lower yourself to the level of the trolls. Just
because you don't agree with my points doesn't necessitate insults.

the defense always matters, it is the defense that's
> killing this team,
> this "Oh we'll just win in a shootout" every week is unrealistic.

Never said the defense doesn't matter. Just that in the last three
games, the D has been no different. The O has.

..