The Stand For Nothing League

euphemism

Feb 16, 2019, 12:23:49 AM2/16/19
Absolutely appalling... the NFL has caved to the nonsense lawsuit and
agreed to pay Collin Kaerpernick off to "shut him up." All they've done
is allow him to win in the view of the public. They've as much as
admitted that there was a conspiracy to keep Colin from playing. He's
the ultimate martyr to his cause and now he walks away with millions in
money he never earned. Hush money? Those fucking idiots just paid him
to become the greatest anti-NFL spokesperson ever. All he has to do is
stand there and smile. He won... they lost. What a chicken-shit bunch
of pansies they've shown themselves to be.

Now, just to prove they have nothing to hide, won't they have to insist
that all League teams give Colin a tryout before they acquire any new
quarterbacks? Sort of an expansion on the Rooney rule?

Not sure there's enough stone in Mt. Rushmore to carve Colin's head into
it. They'll have to make it like a Chia Pet.

Drumrboy

Feb 16, 2019, 6:06:34 AM2/16/19
Disgusting! Are these clowns deliberately trying to kill their Golden Goose?

Doc

Feb 16, 2019, 8:54:00 AM2/16/19
euphemism <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote in news:c04sa7.953.17.1
@news.alt.net:
I agree with you. The NFL is becoming more and more of a joke day by day.

Doc

---
https://www.avg.com

J Lunis

Feb 16, 2019, 9:33:06 AM2/16/19
I don't like the decision any more than you do. OTOH, reality is no
more major legal costs and no more dragging on the publicity for 2-5
more years. This sounds more like both sides saying 'we don't have
clear evidence you are guilty, so let's get something done.' One of
those instances where, the next day, both sides can claim they were right.

Side note: personally, I have a distrust of jury trials in civil cases.

euphemism

Feb 16, 2019, 10:33:26 AM2/16/19
The burden of proof was on Kaepernick. Unless he had an NFL owner
willing to testify that there was a conspiracy or a "blacklist," then he
had no hope. Publicly there were several teams that gave him a tryout
and there were probably more that had discussions with his agent that
proved fruitless because of Kaepernick's expectations of being a
starter. Hell... he WALKED on the deal he had at San Francisco.

The rumor is that this settlement is in the $80M range. I refuse to
believe that based on the known evidence (nothing) that he could have
prevailed in any setting. All he had was the "fact" that he has no been
signed. I guarantee that there is plenty of evidence favoring the NFL
explaining why he wasn't signed by the teams that considered him and
declined.

There are also many examples proving that NFL owners will sign unpopular
players with baggage, so long as the talent is there. I guarantee that
Kaepernick would have been signed if he could be favorably compared to
even Ryan Fitzpatrick. Oh yeah... and attitude matters.

J Lunis

Feb 16, 2019, 3:31:17 PM2/16/19
There were reports from a few teams teams they were swamped with fans
refusing to buy tickets if Kap were signed. If true, that explains why
he remained unsigned as well as collusion.

$80mm? That's the first time I've seen a number. Questions. I've seen
one report the NFL settled with a number of players. Is that correct?
If so, what was the number? was $80mm for Kap or for all? I agree,
$80mm for one guy either implies Kap's team had solid evidence, or the
NFL caved.

Dan the Man

Feb 16, 2019, 7:54:43 PM2/16/19
If the amount of $$$ Kap is getting is THAT high, he should give a cut to the sports media; they've been beating his drum from the start.

Stoobz

Feb 16, 2019, 9:47:20 PM2/16/19
The NFL has gone the way of the rest of the country - soft.

Soft on thugs, soft on criminals, soft on standards, soft on education.

It's a microcosmic reflection of the state of America.

Thank the lawyers.

Valravn

Feb 17, 2019, 12:37:04 AM2/17/19
Wow. Just... wow.

Someone could probably make mint selling "F*ck Kaepernick" T-shirts and stickers. I'd be in for at least one.

The same shirt might rightly have "F*ck the NFL" on the other side.

I did not watch a single game this season. With this, next season isn't looking so good either.