Matt Moore observations

Razor

Aug 8, 2017, 10:58:12 AM8/8/17
I love how these reporters try to create a QB controversy where one
doesn't exist.

Matt Moore is 32 on the backside of a solid (and relatively safe) NFL
career. He's made a lot of money watching other people get hit. He's not
some 24 year old stud itching to get out of the gate to show off what he
can do. He has nothing to prove to anyone.

The Cutler signing is actually good news for Matt. If I was him, I'd be
breathing a sigh of relief that I can continue to get paid AND avoid
concussions at the same time. There are a LOT worse gigs out there. Like
starting for the Jets, for example.

euph...@mindspring.com

Aug 8, 2017, 12:15:30 PM8/8/17
In defense of the reporters, they need a story and this is one that could be huge for the Dolphins.

I think Dolphins fans know that Matt Moore has repeatedly side-stepped challenging for the starter's role in Miami and has been content to re-sign year after year in Miami, understanding that his role was to be the veteran back up. He is the closest thing to Don Strock since Don Strock.

It was great to see him put it on the line when he was forced to become the starter last year. Frankly, I thought maybe his heart would not be in it and he'd pull a Ted Ginn whenever the heat was on.

Matt was excellent last year and I admit I was wrong about his heart. He played hard and did well.

That said, the guy is not looking to be a tackling dummy behind a porous OL. I can picture him flipping the ball to Jay Cutler and saying "Knock yourself out, pal."

J Lunis

Aug 8, 2017, 2:52:04 PM8/8/17
MM's biggest flaw? Reckless with the ball. HC's HATE that. Cutler
starts and, given my choice, I'd do the same thing.