Best/Worst AFC-E draft pick

J Lunis

May 10, 2017, 7:14:03 AM5/10/17
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...afc-east?campaign=fb-nf-sf77340157-sf77340157

Best pick: Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah (Round 5, No. 164 overall)
The skinny: Big and physical, Asiata can lose patience and play out of
control at times, but he plays like a forklift who is able to move cargo
and open running lanes. The Dolphins found a future starter in the fifth
round.

Most questionable pick: Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State (Round 2, No.
54 overall)
The skinny: Obviously, there are some who liked McMillan more than I did
when I studied him on tape, but I still think the second round is too
early for a linebacker who is more of a worker bee than playmaker.

euph...@mindspring.com

May 10, 2017, 11:23:10 AM5/10/17
McMillan certainly appears to be the most questionable choice for the Dolphins. As a #54 pick he needs to do more than develop into an "average starter." I hope that Grier and Tannenbaum knew something that pretty much everyone else has missed about Raekwon. There were too many other solid candidates available at that point to be stretching.

Stoobz

May 10, 2017, 5:54:34 PM5/10/17
Asiata was the pick I liked the most. I was like, ALRIGHT MIAMI!

I can only hope McMillan grows into a steady tackling machine that has a
game changing play from time to time. He appears to be a man child of sorts.

J Lunis

May 11, 2017, 7:03:02 AM5/11/17
Given the number of 2nd rounders who, by year 3, are out of the league
or backups, an "average starter" isn't a bad pick. Matter of fact, an
"average starter" for a round 1 guy isn't too shabby. That said, most
reviews knock him for not being an elite athlete but laud him for
instincts. As for me, I know very little about him.