What Money Can't Buy

euph...@mindspring.com

Jun 12, 2017, 1:01:43 PM6/12/17
Last year, Olivier Vernon signed a 5 year, $85,000,000 contract with the New York Giants, including a $20,000,000 signing bonus, $52,500,000 guaranteed... and he was a no-show for the Giants voluntary OTA's. I call that shameless.

Stoobz

Jun 12, 2017, 6:53:40 PM6/12/17
On 6/12/2017 12:01 PM, euph...@mindspring.com wrote:
> Last year, Olivier Vernon signed a 5 year, $85,000,000 contract with the New York Giants, including a $20,000,000 signing bonus, $52,500,000 guaranteed... and he was a no-show for the Giants voluntary OTA's. I call that shameless.

So basically, the Dolphins did the right thing.

I can get used to this change for the better.

euph...@mindspring.com

Jun 13, 2017, 1:31:51 PM6/13/17
I believe Olivier had a solid year in 2016 though I do not know his stats. I have read now that he is said to be working out at home (in Miami) and expects he'll condition better that way than doing non-contact drills with the team.

My opinion is based only on the report that he was not present, despite being the beneficiary of a huge contract. Does it matter? I'd say mostly it's a matter of appearances. Do the players who showed up and who do not have the star status that would allow them to skip these camps or OTA's care?

Our own Ndamukong Suh is a skipper...

According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, Suh was not present for the otherwise mandatory session, and has been excused by the team for a family matter. The 30-year-old Suh has said he’s “definitely sick and tired” of the team not making more of a playoff push, and that he puts a lot of pressure on himself. He should, considering what they’re paying him, and he’s been a more regular participant in voluntary work lately.

The Dolphins are also without left tackle Laremy Tunsil this week, as he’s recovering from a hamstring injury and they don’t want to push it.