Dion Jordan update

J Lunis

Jun 14, 2017, 12:48:58 PM6/14/17
Dion Jordan, the biggest draft bust inMiami Dolphins history, won’t be making his comeback anytime soon.

Miami released him this spring after four empty seasons, and he landed with the Seahawks hoping to make their roster. That process isn’t off to a good start. He has yet to take the field for Organized Team Activities or minicamp.

According to Seattle coach Pete Carroll, Jordan underwent additional knee surgery after signing in April. There’s now concern about whether he’ll be available when training camp opens next month.

euph...@mindspring.com

Jun 14, 2017, 1:15:00 PM6/14/17
Holy cow... is this guy a threat to Tonya Harding or something? What keeps happening to his knee? He hasn't played any football in over two years. Some one must be kneecapping him with a lead pipe.

Stoobz

Jun 14, 2017, 10:59:59 PM6/14/17
No more steroids.

euph...@mindspring.com

Jun 15, 2017, 10:00:24 AM6/15/17
I really just do not see how a guy could be so highly regarded coming off an excellent college career and then undergo such a total meltdown. This is clearly a "Ryan Leaf" Class implosion - hero to zero, first to worst.

I cannot really blame Ireland or Philbin at all... NO ONE could see this coming and no one could be blamed for causing the guy to disintegrate so completely.

J Lunis

Jun 15, 2017, 12:27:36 PM6/15/17
At least 3 other teams had DJ targeted in top 10. I don't blame Ireland for the pick, but Queasy for changing his position (DE/OLB) every 3 months.

euph...@mindspring.com

Jun 15, 2017, 12:53:39 PM6/15/17
On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 11:27:36 AM UTC-5, J Lunis wrote:
> At least 3 other teams had DJ targeted in top 10. I don't blame Ireland for the pick, but Queasy for changing his position (DE/OLB) every 3 months.

I see no indication that he's going to ever be a player. I do not accept that Queasy somehow singlehandedly destroyed the guy. Jordan is the captain of his own leaky ship. Pete Carroll is one of God's Gifts to coaching. If he can't save Jordan, then no one could.

mr....@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 1:30:00 PM6/15/17
14euph...@mindspring.com
Holy cow... is this guy a threat to Tonya Harding or something? What keeps happening to his knee? He hasn't played any football in over two years. Some one must be kneecapping him with a lead pipe.
--------

"WHY?" (boo hoo) "WHY?"

BAH

Jun 15, 2017, 5:35:25 PM6/15/17
On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 07:00:23 -0700 (PDT), "euph...@mindspring.com"
<euph...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I really just do not see how a guy could be so highly regarded coming off an excellent college career and then undergo such a total meltdown. This is clearly a "Ryan Leaf" Class implosion - hero to zero, first to worst.

This is not unusual for great athletes who skate through college on
their athleticism and talent, then realize when they hit the pro stage
that EVERYONE is athletic and talented, and that they need to now work
hard for the first time. See: Jonathan Martin

b...@bob.mail

Jun 15, 2017, 11:04:59 PM6/15/17
Right, Queasy was such a positive influence.

b...@bob.mail

Jun 15, 2017, 11:06:18 PM6/15/17
On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 09:27:35 -0700 (PDT), J Lunis <lun...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>At least 3 other teams had DJ targeted in top 10. I don't blame Ireland for the pick, but Queasy for changing his position (DE/OLB) every 3 months.

It was a great pick, just like all the other Ireland picks that are no
longer on the team.

J Lunis

Jun 17, 2017, 9:12:16 AM6/17/17
I certainly feel DJ ruined his career with help from no one. I was
making a distinction. Ireland has some cover . . . a number of teams
saw DJ as an elite prospect. Queasy? DJ came to camp late, injured.
Queasy's response was to teach him DE AND OLB and complained he was slow
learning the system. That doesn't mean Queasy "singlehandedly"
destroyed the guy, but he certainly didn't make the transition easy.
Compare that to Seattle. "Welcome DJ, you're a DE." BTW, I think his
most recent injury is a career killer.

euph...@mindspring.com

Jun 19, 2017, 1:45:33 PM6/19/17
I knew nothing of Jordan until he was suddenly a Dolphin and then I felt like I never learned anything of value after that time. There was controversy about how he was (wasn't) used, there was plenty of angst about the likelihood he was a bust. Next thing I recall is he was suspended.

At that time, I THOUGHT the suspension was due to the use of PEDs and there was word that he was bulking up - perhaps in response to criticism of his lack of size or strength. Understandable and somewhat forgivable. As the thing dragged on and he was suspended again, well, that didn't seem like it was caused by an over zealous pursuit of performance or strength. More like recreational drug use...

I still do not know what to think about the guy. Is he a bum? Injury prone? A guy who talks the talk but can't walk the walk?

All I know is that just about the time it appears that he's ready for his next big chance, we read about some new setback. We waited all season in 2017 for Dion to finally make his return... In the end: Nothing. Apparently he had the same effect on Gase's staff as he had on Philbin's staff. Bewilderment. Not good.

Pete Carroll is now saying the same shit about Dion that we heard from Gase's crew last year... "He's working hard... he's doing everything we ask him to do."

Everybody wants the guy to succeed.

Everybody takes their turn in the barrel.

J Lunis

Jun 19, 2017, 2:24:34 PM6/19/17
Yeah, the repeated bone-head mistakes are all on him. No more excuses.
I could understand his lack of production due to Queasy moving him back
and forth from DE/OLB, but the soap opera after his rookie year is the
fault of no one but DJ. Based on no evidence, it seems to me he had
excelled on talent alone and thought that would get him through the NFL.
WRONG!! I must add, though, many attacked Queasy for his unjustified
defense of DJ. Now that Carroll is doing it, is that "different?"

b...@bob.mail

Jun 19, 2017, 6:27:58 PM6/19/17
Yes, Carroll is a qualified NFL HC, Queasy should be selling tractors.

euphemism

Jun 19, 2017, 6:37:33 PM6/19/17
It's different only if Jordan pulls out of his epic fail.

The Seahawks got Jordan for free. Jordan is different now because he's
been dumped. That's his wake up call. Maybe the last one. Maybe he
responds. I don't have any feel for what he will do. I REALLY thought
he'd rebound after the suspension. Nope.

He's been handed what could be a last chance with a really good team.
If you are an NFL caliber talent, would this wake you up?

J Lunis

Jun 20, 2017, 1:24:56 PM6/20/17
Hate to be a pessimist, but I suspect this won't turn out well.

euph...@mindspring.com

Jun 20, 2017, 1:49:40 PM6/20/17
I can't disagree. He should have picked himself up before now. The latest issue may be just some minor scoping of the knee.

I guess I wish the guy well, though I actually wish he'd have become a star in Miami. It's hard to hope that he costs Miami that top pick, a big chunk of change and then actually shows up once he's dumped. That's asking too much kindness from any football fan.

Of course, if I were like some guys, I'd wish that his head would explode and take out Pete Carroll in the bargain. Since that's too mean-spirited, I'll just wish him nothing and let Fate handle the details.

J Lunis

Jun 20, 2017, 8:01:52 PM6/20/17
Fate is unemotional and smiles on few. I suspect we'll know the answer
by final cuts.