RT's Season Over or Maybe Not

euph...@mindspring.com

Aug 4, 2017, 8:33:34 AM8/4/17
The ESPN reports regarding Tannehill are fairly downbeat.

ESPN
The Miami Dolphins now fear quarterback Ryan Tannehill will need season-ending knee surgery; however, no decision to have it has been made at this time, according to sources close to the situation. As second and third opinions await, Tannehill still could decide to rest the knee for six to eight weeks and try to come back from the injury again, sources said. But the Dolphins are growing increasingly concerned that surgery will be the most viable and likely option as they and their starting quarterback sift through their choices.

"He's done, I think," one source predicted Thursday night, referring to Tannehill's hopes of returning this season.

The Miami beat writers don't seem so morose... Salguero says

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article165332502.html

but there's no hard news here - the jury is out and whatever they decide, it will amount to an opinion.

Ron

Aug 4, 2017, 9:16:21 AM8/4/17
Is there any mention as to why he didn't have surgery during the off season?

euph...@mindspring.com

Aug 4, 2017, 11:06:27 AM8/4/17
Well, sort of...

If Tannehill had elected to get surgery, his recovery would have been projected as taking up to a year. That means he'd have been unavailable now and probably through October. The experts obviously indicated that he could possibly recover without surgery and then play this season. Given that chance, you could see that he'd elect to try to return without surgery. If he'd have chosen surgery, he'd likely be missing this season for all intents and purposes.

I'm not going to offer an opinion regarding what these experts know or don't know. The people who guess second are the only one's who are 100% right. If this injury kills his season, then many will be seen to have known that this outcome was inevitable.

Drumrboy

Aug 4, 2017, 11:16:34 AM8/4/17
11:06 AMeuph...@mindspring.com
Well, sort of...

If Tannehill had elected to get surgery, his recovery would have been projected as taking up to a year. That means he'd have been unavailable now and probably through October. The experts obviously indicated that he could possibly recover without surgery and then play this season. Given that chance, you could see that he'd elect to try to return without surgery. If he'd have chosen surgery, he'd likely be missing this season for all intents and purposes.

I'm not going to offer an opinion regarding what these experts know or don't know. The people who guess second are the only one's who are 100% right. If this injury kills his season, then many will be seen to have known that this outcome was inevitable.

Not going to second guess, but the fact that it was a "non-contact" injury, apparently, tells you that he wasn't fully healed. If I were a betting man, I'd say he's toast for the year. Next man up!

Drumrboy

Aug 4, 2017, 11:18:16 AM8/4/17
When do we get the Kenny and Colon show?

Stu Gotts

Aug 4, 2017, 11:18:51 AM8/4/17
On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 11:06:27 AM UTC-4, euph...@mindspring.com wrote:

> I'm not going to offer an opinion regarding what these experts know or don't know. The people who guess second are the only one's who are 100% right. If this injury kills his season, then many will be seen to have known that this outcome was inevitable.

I place total blame on Drumrboy! His constant barrage of negative energy to any and all things Tannehill related is the obvious cause of this situation.

euph...@mindspring.com

Aug 4, 2017, 12:49:54 PM8/4/17
On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 10:18:16 AM UTC-5, Drumrboy wrote:
> When do we get the Kenny and Colon show?

No sure who Kenny is... but, unless something has dramatically changed, Matt Moore will get the starter's job, regardless of who the Dolphins might sign to become the #2 guy. There's been no news from camp to suggest that Doughty has shown enough to move into that role. If Tannehill goes out, it seems like the Dolphins would seek and sign a veteran to move in to the #2 spot.

Gase has links to Osweiller and Cutler. Kaepernick seems to be on everyone's mind. If Colin is anathema to most NFL fans, he must be especially offensive to the Miami fan base thanks to his publicly announced affection for Castro. I think he's very unlikely to be brought to Miami unless Ross, Tannenbaum and Gase are just completely tuned out with regard to he public sentiment towards Colin guy. Strictly from a football perspective, CK might be the best match for the Dolphins' offense.

I wonder out loud if Osweiller is any better than Doughty? Cutler clearly has the experience, but he's a complete flop as a leader. I see Kaepernick as a very unlikely candidate for the Dolphins.

BAH

Aug 4, 2017, 2:10:18 PM8/4/17
On Fri, 4 Aug 2017 09:49:53 -0700 (PDT), "euph...@mindspring.com"
<euph...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Gase has links to Osweiller and Cutler. Kaepernick seems to be on everyone's mind. If Colin is anathema to most NFL fans, he must be especially offensive to the Miami fan base thanks to his publicly announced affection for Castro.
> I think he's very unlikely to be brought to Miami unless Ross, Tannenbaum and Gase are just completely tuned out with regard to he public sentiment towards Colin guy. Strictly from a football perspective, CK might be the best match for the Dolphins' offense.

Time out! Please don't drink the ESPN koolaid. Ever since they decided
to be the sports version of a social justice warrior network, their
credibility has been horrible. ESPN gets on a cause, pushes the shit
out of it, totally ignoring facts and evidence. Remember the 7th
round pick Michael Sams? You couldn't watch ESPN for more than 10
minutes without the latest update on him, since he was a homo.

Colin Suckadick is their latest project. They start with a strawman,
as most mis-information bureaus do. "There aren't 32 better QBs in
the league, yet he can't find a job!", ESPN cries constantly.

OK, facts please. This is the guy who was the WORST rated passer in
the NFL for several years. But most importantly, he spent the
majority of last season as a BACKUP to Blaine Gabbert, himself a
CAREER backup!

ESPN will never say it, but the reason Suckadick still doesn't have a
job is that he's a fucking lousy QB.

I just hope that Gase is smart enough not to take the ESPN liberal
claptrap bait.

euph...@mindspring.com

Aug 4, 2017, 3:18:12 PM8/4/17
Between Cutler, Osweiller and Kaepernick, I think Kaepernick is the better fit to the Gase offense.

That said, I think there's very little chance that the Dolphins FO decides to risk him as the new veteran behind Matt Moore. Miami had a couple of players join in the kneel-down protests last year and it didn't seem to cause much uproar. That might be different if they were also sporting Fidel Castro T-Shirts. Miami isn't a safe haven for Castro supporters.

I am not endorsing the guy - I really have no use for him or his politics. What I know about his play was when he faced the Dolphins last year. He looked better than what I have seen from Osweiller and/or Cutler.

ocean...@mac.com

Aug 4, 2017, 3:42:37 PM8/4/17
Too bad they could get Romo!

b...@bob.mail

Aug 4, 2017, 6:01:12 PM8/4/17
Behind the Dolphins OL Tony would be toast.

ocean...@mac.com

Aug 4, 2017, 6:40:34 PM8/4/17
Yeah I guess it doesn't matter who is back there when you think of it that way..

Drumrboy

Aug 5, 2017, 7:05:30 AM8/5/17
Aug 4Stu Gotts
On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 11:06:27 AM UTC-4, euph...@mindspring.com wrote:

> I'm not going to offer an opinion regarding what these experts know or don't know. The people who guess second are the only one's who are 100% right. If this injury kills his season, then many will be seen to have known that this outcome was inevitable.

I place total blame on Drumrboy! His constant barrage of negative energy to any and all things Tannehill related is the obvious cause of this situation.

My evil plan has come to fruition...