James Dungy's "My Space"

Ron

Dec 22, 2005, 5:09:38 PM12/22/05
This is "supposed" to be legit, of course on the inet ya never know.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=41899442

Ron

Dec 22, 2005, 5:20:20 PM12/22/05

Ron wrote:
> This is "supposed" to be legit, of course on the inet ya never know.
>

> http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=41899442

Looks like they took it down already.

Chris

Dec 23, 2005, 12:29:50 AM12/23/05

Ron wrote:
> This is "supposed" to be legit, of course on the inet ya never know.
>

> http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=41899442

What was on there?

Ron

Dec 23, 2005, 7:33:58 AM12/23/05

Below is from someone in the Seahawks group, pretty much nails it.

*I also added exactly the way he described himself.....And a few
details left out by the Seahawks poster.

Let me describe it for you. Imagine an Oakland Raiders background
theme.

Got it? Ok... Now overlay it with an image of Dungy's son with a
bandana fashioned as a mask
across his face. *Under that was his age and height and stuff. Date
of
last login was marked as 12/21/05. Nearby was the text "F*ck the
Cops".

Below were numerous photos of pot buds, Snoop dog, other rappers, etc.
Every bit of text was written in "gangstah" slang. There was a photo
of pistol (glock?) His contact list was filled with kids in his age
group and apparent interests (gangstah stuff.) The last several
"messages" from these contacts reflected alarm/concern/remorse over
todays news.

Looks wise, it was as if someone loaded a Raiders media guide and the
combined discography of Cypress Hill and NWA into a cannon and shot it
against a glue covered wall.

*How he describes himself:

"Tall, Dark, Niggerish and but on the real tip, i'm a 6'7.1/2"
f-f-f-football player and chillin wit my peeps iz wat i do. I hate
being threatened and if i am, i'm like a pitbull backed into a corner.
Don't let my playful and comical attitude fool ya cause i'm not playin
and i'm not dieing."

Who I'd like to meet:
"no fags"

Under the pic of the gun there was some text that said something like
this; If you pulla gun on me you better use it because if you don't me
and my gangz will hunt you down.

The Raiders background had a pic of Randy Moss, of all ppl.

There was an entry in his notebook from a girl named Melissa that said
something like this; I already miss you. You always made school fun and
you made me laugh. The entry was at 8am (I'm assuming it was eastern)
12-22-05

The time really caught my eye because I didn't hear about it until 10am
eastern. Did anyone else hear of the news earlier?

It was obvious that he was nothing like his father......Pretty sad, my
heart goes out to TD.

Rick

Dec 23, 2005, 8:20:33 AM12/23/05
It also said that among the people he most admired were the Beltway Snipers.

"Ron" <BigEL...@msn.com> wrote in message

TFK

Dec 23, 2005, 9:03:39 AM12/23/05
If that's the truth, then it's no big loss to society.

I feel for Tony Dungy, as I've respected him as a coach for a long
time, but his son seems like nothing more than a piece of shit.

Good riddance.

TFK

mitchell

Dec 23, 2005, 1:46:07 PM12/23/05
Isn't that judgment a bit premature? Good riddance? That's a bit
classless.

First, it could be a joke as the kid was known as a jokester.
Secondly, even if it were 'true', he's still a 18 yr old kid. Kids
always put up dumb things like that, it's not the first time I've heard
of a kid on myspace acting like an internet thug.

X273cc

Dec 23, 2005, 4:01:29 PM12/23/05

Good riddance.

Ron

Dec 24, 2005, 12:45:19 PM12/24/05

http://sptimes.com/2005/12/22/Tampabay/Dungy_remembered_as_l.shtml

<snip>

Recently, Dungy had begun dating 18-year-old Antoinette Anderson. He
had good things to say about her to his friend Eldridge.

"He said he liked her a lot," Eldridge said. "He was only going out
with her for a few months. He hung out with her a lot, and he said she
was a really cool girl and I should meet her."

Eldridge, like many teens, kept in touch with Dungy through messages on
MySpace.com, an online web site where users post pictures, biographies
and commentary for friends. Dungy signed on the day before he died.

In his photo, a bandana covers half his face. The web page contains
pictures of marijuana leaves, guns, sexual graphics, gang signs and
money. It is full of teen bravado.

A headline beside his photo blares "F--- the Police," a reference to a
controversial 1988 hip-hop song by N.W.A. In Dungy's bio, he writes
"Don't let my playful and comical attitude fool ya cause I'm not
playin." The web site was taken down Thursday afternoon.

Eldridge said the profile doesn't do his friend justice.

"He's not the type of person to run with gangs or do stuff like that,"
Eldridge said. "It's just a front. People who knew him knew how great
of a guy he was."

</snip>

Tim Lines

Dec 25, 2005, 1:32:43 PM12/25/05
People can pretend to be anything they want on the internet. TFK, for
instance, is probably not a classless, judgemental asshole in real life.