Visiting Green Bay

Chris Clement

May 1, 2003, 7:47:23 PM5/1/03
Hello Fellow Packers! I'm going to be in the Green Bay area in July and
would like to take my wife and kids to see the sites. I read on the Packers
site that the stadium is closed to tours because of the upgrades. Can
anyone recommend other sites of interest, good places to eat, etc. in Green
Bay? I certainly would appreciate any info I can get. I live in
Montgomery, AL (went to Bart Starr's high school) and have never been to
Wisconsin. Don't know when I'll get this opportunity again so I want to
make the most of my visit.

Thanks.

Chris

Ursa Major

May 1, 2003, 7:54:42 PM5/1/03
Here ya go Chris...

http://www.instepnews.com/greenbay.html

"Chris Clement" <chrisc...@charter.net> wrote in message

Paul Jensen

May 1, 2003, 8:01:32 PM5/1/03
"Chris Clement" <chrisc...@charter.net> wrote in message

I would recomend the old City Stadium site - still a high school field, and
Door County.

Big10

May 2, 2003, 1:01:27 AM5/2/03

"Chris Clement" <chrisc...@charter.net> wrote in message
> I'm going to be in the Green Bay area in July and would like to take my
wife and kids to see the sites.

Here is a local watering hole for your kids. But then again I am sure it
brings up fond memories from your childhood eh?

http://www.rotten.com/library/medicine/bodily-functions/nursing/goat-suckling/

Car Keys

May 2, 2003, 1:38:09 AM5/2/03
Door Cty is over-rated. Unless you like watching fibs trying to walk a
steep grade.

JK

May 2, 2003, 2:07:52 AM5/2/03

You've been reported to your ISP, you sick fuck.

Craig Koller

May 2, 2003, 4:46:12 AM5/2/03
In article <vb3cg0l...@corp.supernews.com>, Chris Clement
<chrisc...@charter.net> wrote:

Might wanna hit Chili John's (chili), Kroll's (burgers) Storheims
(frozen custard), Los Banditos (WisMex) for authentic GB food. The
Neville Museum has some good historical Green Bay exhibits, if you're
in for that. The Packer Hall of Fame should be open. Bay Beach is a
quaint slice-of-life amusement park with a nature preserve across the
street. Good picnic spot.

Door County is a nice day trip (crowded/slow drive on weekends - do a
mid-week trip). C&C Supper Club in Fish Creek is one of the nicer
landmark places to eat dinner. Lunch at Wilson's in Ephraim or Al
Johnsons in Sister Bay (the Swedish restaurant with the grass roof and
goats). *Don't* take the Ferry to Washington Island - not worth it.
Penninsula State Park is a good last stop. Climb the top of Eagle Tower
to get a panoramic view of DoCo - bring binocs.

If you can handle Andrew Lloyd Webber, "Starlight Express" is playing
at the Weidner Center (nice theatre) in mid-July. Details at
http://www.uwgb.edu/weidner/

I've not been back in a few years, but those are the places I remember
(living in Los Angeles now). There's some newer, more upscale places,
but if you want the vintage GB experience... that's it. People are
extremely nice. Tell the older folks you went to Bart Starr's high
school and you're guaranteed at least a ten minute conversation (20 if
they were at the Ice Bowl).

Have fun.

DrBear

May 2, 2003, 10:45:38 AM5/2/03
On Fri, 02 May 2003 01:46:12 -0700, Craig Koller <cwko...@mac.com> added to the general
ennui in this newsgroup by posting:

>In article <vb3cg0l...@corp.supernews.com>, Chris Clement
><chrisc...@charter.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello Fellow Packers! I'm going to be in the Green Bay area in July and
>> would like to take my wife and kids to see the sites. I read on the Packers
>> site that the stadium is closed to tours because of the upgrades. Can
>> anyone recommend other sites of interest, good places to eat, etc. in Green
>> Bay? I certainly would appreciate any info I can get. I live in
>> Montgomery, AL (went to Bart Starr's high school) and have never been to
>> Wisconsin. Don't know when I'll get this opportunity again so I want to
>> make the most of my visit.

Some other places -

Packer related: The stadium tours may not be open but you can peek into the atrium, which
should be pretty close to completion. The floors are in (when I went yesterday)and the
bulk of the work should be in installing the shops, restaurants, etc. Not sure if the Hall
of Fame will be open yet but the Packer Pro Shop is.

Other places that might be worth a stop: Fuzzy Thurston's on West Mason Street (across
from the WalMart), the Glory Years Bar and Grill on Washington St. (its in the building
the Packers once used for offices, some memorabilia and a nice mural on the outside back
wall), Al's Hamburgers on Washington Street (where they filmed the Jerry Stiller/Vince
Lombardi ad a few years back),

You're bringing kids, so if they get tired of football stuff - you haven't raised 'em
right! Seriously, there's Bay Beach Amusement Park (exit Webster off I-43) with cheap
amusement rides (bumper cards, Scrambler, mini-train, Ferris Wheel) and a minigolf-gocart
place next to it. Across the street is the Wildlife Sanctuary which has nice hiking
trails.

Good sites: www.packercountry.com and www.gogreenbay.com (the News-Chronicle newspaper
site)

------
This is only a test. Had this been an actual clever signature to this post you would be laughing by now.

NERDMANN

May 2, 2003, 11:56:39 AM5/2/03

go to KROLLS across the street from the stadium on ridge road. also go to
BRETT FAVRES STEAK HOUSE. there are some things to do in the green bay area
with kids, such as the NEW ZOO, NEVILLE MUSEUM, WIEDNER CENTER (they
usually have shows.) PACKER HALL OF FAME.
one big thing in the area now are dinner theatres. you go to eat and see a
play. (the pitcher show movie theatre has turned into a gay bar.)
go to CAFE ESPRESSO on washington street on the east side for the hottest
waitresses. go to kavarna on broadway if you want the daintiest young gay
men. oh yeah, BAY BEACH AMUSEMENT PARK will be open soon. tickets for
rides are like 10-20 cents. oh yeah and near that is the WILDLIFE
SANCTUARY. and now they have all those go cart and miniature golf things
across the street from bay beach, but those arent part of bay beach itself
and are more expensive.
vigilius haufniensis

NERDMANN

May 2, 2003, 12:02:45 PM5/2/03
Dear Friends:

Here is an article of analysis on the situation here in Thailand. Approach
your governement that Thailand be called to task for this. Thaksin stated
clearly yesterday that he would not interfere in Burma internal issues,
meaning that if the drugs were coming from Burma he didn't care, since he
wants satelite deals there for his corporations.

We have repeatedly documented the brutal murders of said to be small time
drug dealers who otherwise are living in total poverty. These are ONLY by
state forces, this is no drug dealer war between dealers.

What you can do? Contact your parliament or congressperson and DEMAND an
immediate investigation into this. These are war crimes.

Matthew McDaniel

Thailand's crackdown: Drug 'war' kills democracy, too By Brad Adams (*)
Published in The International Herald Tribune 24 April 2003

BANGKOK A violent 10-week-old state-sponsored "war on drugs" is rapidly
undermining Thailand's long struggle to become one of Southeast Asia's
leading democracies - and the civil rights of Thais. The United Nations and
the United States should pressure Bangkok to end its shoot-to-kill policy.

Deviating sharply from Thailand's previous efforts to build the rule of law,
Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has called for law enforcement to be
conducted on the basis of an "eye for an eye." Interior Minister Wan
Muhamad Nor Matha put it bluntly in January. Referring to drug dealers, he
said: "They will be put behind bars or even vanish without a trace. Who
cares? They are destroying our country."

Since the crackdown started Feb. 1, Thai police report that more than 2,270
alleged drug criminals have been killed. The government says 51 have been
killed by police in self-defense and the rest in battles among dealers.
More than 50,000 people allegedly involved in the drug trade have been
arrested.

The use of dangerous drugs is certainly a serious and growing problem in
Thailand. UN and Thai authorities cite a huge increase in use in
methamphetamine stimulant tablets - which Thais call "yaa baa," or crazy
pills - smuggled in from neighboring Burma. As many as 3.6 percent of Thai
youth and 5 percent of all Thais now take methamphetamines.

Many in Thailand, including the revered constitutional monarch, King
Bhumibol Adulyadej, are worried by this trend and have called on the
government to take action. But Thai authorities should do so in ways that
do not compromise basic rights.

This is hardly the message being sent by Thai leaders. "In this war, drug
dealers must die," Thaksin has said. "But we don't kill them. It's a
matter of bad guys killing bad guys." Few in Thailand find his explanation
credible.

At the behest of Thaksin's government, local authorities hurriedly drew up
blacklists of suspected drug dealers. Bangkok then gave provincial
governors and police chiefs short deadlines to clear names from the list.
The interior minister threatened retaliation against local officials who did
not produce results, driving home the point by citing the way a former king
dealt with unresponsive officials: "The king had them all beheaded."

Local officials appear to be using the blacklists to settle old scores.
Once on the list, the only way off, according to one rights activist, is to
"buy your way off the list, surrender at a police station or end up with a
bullet in your head." But even surrendering to the police offers no
certainty. Some who have come to the police to surrender or clear their
names have been shot by unidentified gunmen on the way home. Human rights
activists accuse the government of unleashing a "shoot to kill" policy.

While Thaksin campaigned for political office as a modernizer, his tactics
represent a major step back to the dark days of military rule in Thailand.
Pradit Chareonthaitawee, the head of Thailand's official human rights
commission, received death threats after saying, "People are living in fear
all over the kingdom."

Drug experts and the United Nations suggest that instead of setting a futile
goal of ending all drug sales in three months, Thailand should concentrate
on "supply reduction strategies." One such strategy would be to focus on
its own military and police, many of whose members allegedly profit greatly
from facilitating the smuggling chain from Burma.

The shoot-to-kill policy must end. Persons accused of crimes should be
arrested with the least force necessary, as called for in the UN Basic
Principles on the Use of Force and Firearms by Law Enforcement Officials.
All recent killings should be investigated by an independent commission. To
ensure credibility, Asma Jahangir, the UN special rapporteur on
extrajudicial executions, should be invited to investigate.

The United States provides anti-narcotics training to the Thai police and
the United Nations has the regional headquarters of its drugs and crime
office in Bangkok. Each risks having its reputation sullied by association
with a bloody and violent campaign in the name of the war on drugs.

Both the United States and the UN should make it clear that they oppose the
methods being used in this war. If the violence doesn't stop, each should
consider withdrawing from Thailand.

* The writer is executive director of the Asia division of Human Rights
Watch in New York.

Matthew McDaniel
The Akha Heritage Foundation
Maesai, Chiangrai, 57130 Thailand
Donations by check or money order may be sent to:
The Akha Heritage Foundation
PO BOX 6073
Salem OR 97304 USA
Inquire to donate while in Thailand

Aaron Hirshberg

May 2, 2003, 12:58:03 PM5/2/03
"Chris Clement" <chrisc...@charter.net> wrote in message news:<vb3cg0l...@corp.supernews.com>...

Finally making the hegira to Mecca, eh? You lucky dog!

Aaron Hirshberg

JK

May 2, 2003, 1:05:40 PM5/2/03

And if your timing is right, maybe you can take in a Green Bay
Blizzard game at the Resch center on July 5 or 19th.

NERDMANN

May 2, 2003, 8:02:36 PM5/2/03
so, what we have here is the BUSHES and BIN LADINS making hundreds of
billions on the military buildup through the 'war or terror.' this includes
the million dollar apiece missiles fired at iraq at the rate of thousands
per day.
then we have the BIN LADINS and BUSHES (and cheneys) making hundreds of
billions more REBUILDING iraq. this will be paid for by 'loans to iraq'
which means, the american taxpayers (as lenders of last resort) will be
footing the bill.
want me to attack the myth that osama is 'estranged' from his family? (or
the bushes, for that matter?)
bechtel is best known for its attempt to gain monopoly control of water
supplies, which it actually did in bolivia. they got thrown out of bolivia
for jacking the water prices up to the equivelent of $400.00 per gallon.
vigilius haufniensis

DEPT. OF CONNECTIONS
THE CONTRACTORS
Http://newyorker.com/printable/?talk/030505ta_talk_mayer
by Jane Mayer Issue of 2003-05-05 Posted 2003-04-28

Back when Americans were still debating whether there was just cause for a
preÄ—mptive strike against Iraq, few arguments were scrutinized more closely
than the Bush Administration's contention that there were covert links
between Al Qaeda and Iraq. At the C.I.A., analysts pored over aerial
satellite photographs. At the Treasury Department, experts sifted through
financial records. At the National Security Agency, Arab-speaking linguists
eavesdropped on phone conversations. But, even after Secretary of State
Colin Powell put his credibility on the line, in a damning, dot-connecting
speech before the United Nations last February, questions persisted about
the solidity of the alleged links between Saddam and Osama.

Now there is a new and demonstrable connection, but it is not the kind that
the Bush Administration had in mind. In fact, it is more likely to fuel the
speculations of conspiracy theorists than it is to put their fears to rest.

It turns out that a money trail runs-albeit rather circuitously-from the
lucrative business of rebuilding Iraq to the fortune behind Osama bin Laden.
Bin Laden's estranged family, a sprawling, extraordinarily wealthy Saudi
Arabian dynasty, is a substantial investor in a private equity firm founded
by the Bechtel Group of San Francisco.

Bechtel is also the global construction and engineering company to which the
U.S. government recently awarded the first major multimillion-dollar
contract to reconstruct war-ravaged Iraq. In a closed competitive bidding
process, the United States Agency for International Development chose
Bechtel to rebuild the major elements of Iraq's infrastructure, including
its roads, railroads, airports, hospitals, and schools, and its water and
electrical systems. In the first phase of the contract, the U.S. government
will pay Bechtel nearly thirty-five million dollars, but experts say that
the cost is likely to reach six hundred and eighty million during the next
year and a half.

When the contract was awarded, two weeks ago, the Administration did not
mention that the bin Laden family has an ongoing relationship with Bechtel.
The bin Ladens have a ten-million-dollar stake in the Fremont Group, a San
Francisco-based company formerly called Bechtel Investments, which was until
1986 a subsidiary of Bechtel. The Fremont Group's Web site, which makes no
mention of the bin Ladens, notes that "though now independent, Fremont
enjoys a close relationship with Bechtel." A spokeswoman for the company
confirmed that Fremont's "majority ownership is the Bechtel family." And a
list of the corporate board of directors shows substantial overlap. Five of
Fremont's eight directors are also directors of Bechtel. One Fremont
director, Riley Bechtel, is the chairman and chief executive officer of the
Bechtel Group, and is a member of the Bush Administration: he was appointed
this year to serve on the President's Export Council. In addition, George
Shultz, the Secretary of State in the Reagan Administration, serves as a
director both of Fremont and of the Bechtel Group, where he once was
president and still is listed as senior counsellor.

Rick Kopf, the general counsel of the Fremont Group, which manages some
eleven billion dollars in assets, confirms that the bin Laden family
invested about ten million dollars in one of Fremont's private funds before
September 11, 2001. He noted that the bin Laden family has not enlarged its
stake since then, but he declined to provide additional details about its
association with the firm. He also chose not to discuss the origin or the
nature of the relationship between the bin Laden and Bechtel families, both
of which made fortunes in huge construction projects in the Arab world. The
Fremont Group evidently does not go in for connecting the dots. As Kopf
said, "Ownership is private and is not disclosed."

Paul Jensen

May 2, 2003, 8:03:19 PM5/2/03

"Big10" <g...@blue.com> wrote in message

That's a very mature response. Your family must be very proud of you...

NERDMANN

May 2, 2003, 8:05:48 PM5/2/03
CLICK BELOW FOR LINKS TO ALL REFERENCES IN THE ARTICLE, WHICH ARE
HYPERLINKED FROM THE TEXT IN THE ORIGINAL -V
http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j050203.html

April 28, 2003

THE FINAL SECRET OF 9/11
Everything you've always wanted to know about 9/11
is 'classified' - and the Bushies want to keep it that way

How did 19 hijackers manage to decimate the Pentagon,
destroy the World Trade Center, and plunge us into a war without end? That
is the question we still don't have an answer to, two years after the worst
terrorist attack in American history, and, if the Bush administration has
anything to say about it - and they do - we won't have an answer any time
soon. An 800-page report written by congressional investigators is being
withheld from the American public, as Michael Isikoff and Mark Hosenball
report in the current Newsweek, "including provocative, if unheeded
warnings, given President Bush and his top advisers during the summer of
2001."

9/11 has been the rationale for a policy of perpetual war,
the radical abridgement of our constitutionally-guaranteed liberties, and
the barking chorus of television screamers who shout down all dissent as
"treason." Yet Americans have no right to know how or why it happened.
During ten months of probing by a joint House-Senate investigation headed by
former prosecutor and Pentagon inspector general Eleanor Hill, staff members
reviewed classified documents made available by U.S. intelligence and law
enforcement agencies. They also interviewed field agents, spooks, and senior
government officials. The Senate and House intelligence committees approved
the report, but the White House insisted that it be "scrubbed" before being
released - that is, cleansed of any hint that the attack might have been
prevented.

As if to underscore the profound guilt at the core of
their adamant obstructionism, administration officials are insisting that
portions of the report detailing what is already widely known be
"reclassified." The infamous "Phoenix memo" written by an FBI investigator
warning of Al Qaeda-linked operatives enrolling in flight schools is now an
official "secret," although it has been published and cited in media all
over the world. In explaining this Orwellian maneuver, an administration
spokesman summed up the neo-imperialist theory of "democratic" governance to
a tee:

"Just because something had been inadvertently released,
doesn't make it unclassified."

A few weeks ago, a federal goon squad invaded an Indian
restaurant just off of Times Square, held everyone at gunpoint, and burst
into the kitchen like Reno's Raiders at Waco. One of the restaurant's
customers, Jason Halperin, an American citizen - like everyone in the
place - was on his way to see a play with a friend. They had stopped for a
quick bite to eat - but, as it turned out, they would miss curtain time.
"You have no right to hold us," his friend said. The response of the goons,
as reported by Halperin, was that they were being held under the authority
granted by the "Patriot Act." When Halperin demanded to see a lawyer, the
masks really came off:

"As I continued to press for legal counsel, a female
officer who had been busy typing on her laptop in the front of the
restaurant, walked over and put her finger in my face. 'We are at war, we
are at war and this is for your safety,' she exclaimed. As she walked away
from the table, she continued to repeat it to herself: 'We are at war, we
are at war. How can they not understand this.'"

We are at war, but what was the provenance of the
catalytic attack that launched it? How is it that the mightiest nation on
earth, a country that spends tens of billions per year on
intelligence-gathering, was taken so completely by surprise? In the period
leading up to the attack, after all, numerous commissions had issued
well-publicized reports warning of the terrorist threat - even naming Osama
Bin Laden as the potential perpetrator. Even if we accept the official line
that they attacked us because we're so wonderful, we have McDonald's and
free elections and MTV, the nagging question remains: how did they manage to
pull it off? The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks, charged with
coming up with the definitive report on 9/11, is having trouble getting the
documents it needs. What does the Bush administration have to hide?

There has been "a cover-up," charges Senator Bob Graham,
Florida Democrat. Sure, he's a presidential wannabe, but even before his
somewhat quixotic bid for the White House was announced, Graham - chairman
of the Senate Intelligence Committee - was hinting at the dark secrets of
9/11. In an interview with Gwen Ifill of PBS about the content of this
secret report, Graham said:

"Going back to your question about what was the greatest
surprise. I agree with what Senator Shelby said the degree to which agencies
were not communicating was certainly a surprise but also I was surprised at
the evidence that there were foreign governments involved in facilitating
the activities of at least some of the terrorists in the United States. I am
stunned that we have not done a better job of pursuing that to determine if
other terrorists received similar support and, even more important, if the
infrastructure of a foreign government assisting terrorists still exists for
the current generation of terrorists who are here planning the next plots."

This isn't some wacko who stands on a street corner
handing out crudely printed pamphlets, but a U.S. Senator who is in a
position to know - so why isn't attention being paid? It isn't the National
Inquirer or the Weekly World News but the respected German weekly Die Zeit
that reports the story of how Israel's Mossad intelligence agency was
tracking the 9/11 hijackers around the clock in the weeks and days prior to
the attacks:

"Everything indicates that the terrorists were constantly
observed by the Israelis."

Two years ago this September, Fox News investigative
reporter Carl Cameron told his audience:

"There is no indication that the Israelis were involved in
the 9-11 attacks, but investigators suspect that the Israelis may have
gathered intelligence about the attacks in advance, and not shared it. A
highly placed investigator said there are 'tie-ins.' But when asked for
details, he flatly refused to describe them, saying, 'evidence linking these
Israelis to 9-11 is classified. I cannot tell you about evidence that has
been gathered. It's classified information.'"

That's what they're telling us today when skeptics of the
official story wonder how it could have happened: "Sorry, but that's
classified information." The people of Iraq rifle through the files of the
infamous Mukhabarat, yet we are denied access to vital government documents
relating to the most important event of our times. Who is freer? In a
curious inversion of the historical process, it looks like we're exporting
"democracy" to Iraq - and importing totalitarianism to our own shores.

Senator Graham avers that foreign intelligence agencies
are implicated not only in the financing but also in the execution of the
hijackers' plans. Add to this the Isikoff-Hosenball revelations that our
presidential helmsman was asleep at the wheel, and the political
implications of the growing scandal are explosive. As Newsweek reports:

"One such CIA briefing, in July 2001, was particularly
chilling and prophetic. It predicted that Osama bin Laden was about to
launch a terrorist strike 'in the coming weeks,' the congressional
investigators found. The intelligence briefing went on to say: 'The attack
will be spectacular and designed to inflict mass casualties against U.S.
facilities or interests. Attack preparations have been made. Attack will
occur with little or no warning.'"

This sounds very much like the warning the Israelis claim
to have issued in the summer of 2001, when an Israeli delegation of
intelligence officials traveled to Washington. However, U.S. officials
maintain that their warning was non-specific, except that the target was
supposed to have been overseas. As to whether the Israelis, or the
Americans, are covering up, is an open question. The answer is quite
possibly both.

In any event, the President and other senior officials
received that report, according to Newsweek, but since the list of
recipients has been classified as "Top Secret," the Bushies are off the
hook - for now. Another classified report given to Condoleezza Rice
predicted attacks by Al Qaeda utilizing hijacked airliners, but it
apparently only gathered dust on her desk.

Incompetence? If so, it's of the criminal variety.
Complicity? Please don't tell me that "Bush knew" - that is the onanistic
fantasy of the tinfoil hat brigade. But somebody knew, apart from Mohammed
Atta & Co., or should have known. There is no question that the terrorists,
in pulling off the 9/11 attacks, had access to some of this nation's most
important secrets. New York Times columnist Bill Safire reported that, as
the WTC went down in flames, the terrorists made it clear they had
penetrated the inner defenses of White House security:

"A threatening message received by the Secret Service was
relayed to the agents with the president that 'Air Force One is next.'
According to the high official, American code words were used showing a
knowledge of procedures that made the threat credible."

Safire swears this was told to him by Karl Rove, who said
the President was going to go back to Washington until the Secret Service
"informed him that the threat contained language that was evidence that the
terrorists had knowledge of his procedures and whereabouts." As Safire put
it:

"That knowledge of code words and presidential whereabouts
and possession of secret procedures indicates that the terrorists may have a
mole in the White House - that, or informants in the Secret Service, F.B.I.,
F.A.A. or C.I.A."

The deeper we get into what is already known, the more it
seems like some formulaic thriller, with agents and double-agents operating
in a clandestine world parallel to our own where the rules are repealed and
everyone is a potential enemy. How can we possibly get through this dizzying
maze of deliberate disinformation and tantalizing leaks without access to
the intelligence gathered by our own officials, who supposedly serve at our
behest? The answer is, we can't - so we'll just have to take the
government's word for it, and accept the Official Story.

The lies - that is the worst aspect of the cursed age we
are living in. The same government that lied us into war is now trying to
stop us from getting at the truth about 9/11. Desperately, furiously,
intransigently, they are fighting congressional investigators every step of
the way before giving up even material that is already entered into the
public record. That's how frightened they are. No doubt, they have good
reason for their fear.

But just what are they afraid of? What is the final secret
of 9/11? Will we really hate our rulers that much when we find out how they
messed up? If so, then no wonder the Bushies are pulling out all the stops
in covering up their tracks.

JK

May 2, 2003, 9:22:12 PM5/2/03

FINAL?! Good... then there shouldn't be anymore of this garbage
posted.

me

May 2, 2003, 11:09:32 PM5/2/03
If your into gardening the botanical gardens is a nice place, might be a
little early yet, but you never know, and you might want to check out the
NEW zoo (I think it used to be called the reforestation camp???) Also, I'm
not sure if anybody has said this already but Krolls butter burgers rock!!!!
(put's culvers to shame)

Chris Clement

May 2, 2003, 11:29:36 PM5/2/03

"DrBear" <raybea...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Good info, DrBear. Thanks.

Jeremy

May 3, 2003, 1:40:37 AM5/3/03
you got the railroad museum. and shopko hall has at times stuff
happening. the green bay blizzard is fun to watch.

Chris Clement

May 2, 2003, 11:28:56 PM5/2/03

"Craig Koller" <cwko...@mac.com> wrote in message

Thanks, Craig. I'm sure we will.

Chris Clement

May 3, 2003, 8:57:40 AM5/3/03

"JK" <jksi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Darn. Going to be there around the 8th. Thanks for the tip though.

Chris Clement

May 3, 2003, 8:59:28 AM5/3/03

"Aaron Hirshberg" <aaronhi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yes sir! Actually going to be in Chicago most of the time, but I told the
wife that there is no way we are going up there and NOT taking a day trip to
Green Bay!

Chris Clement

May 3, 2003, 9:01:17 AM5/3/03

"Jeremy" <gamesh...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> you got the railroad museum. and shopko hall has at times stuff
> happening. the green bay blizzard is fun to watch.

Railroad museum sounds cool. Unfortunately, going to miss the green bay
blizzard. Stinks.

Chris Clement

May 3, 2003, 9:04:38 AM5/3/03
You guys have been extremely helpful. I am sure we are going to have a
blast in Green Bay with all these tips. If nothing else, we certainly won't
be hungry! Thanks again.

Chris

Chris Clement

May 3, 2003, 9:00:25 AM5/3/03
Second recommendation for Krolls. I get the hint. :-) Thanks for the
tip.

"me" <No...@nohow.com> wrote in message

NERDMANN

May 3, 2003, 12:03:15 PM5/3/03
To:
Jennifer Lloyd
United States White House Office of National Drug Control Policy:

This email is simultaneously being sent internationally to 3000 internet
addresses and lists of people who track events related to human rights here
in Thailand and who have followed my work with the Akha people for 12 years.

All of these people are encouraged to contact you and voice their outrage.

Photographs and stories of Akha and other hill tribe murdered by Prime
Minister Thaksin's command will be on www.akha.org home page within days.

Your site praises the Thais for their excellent drug work.
http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/international/thailand.html

Don Stadder worked for the US State Department in Bangkok and spoke with me
extensively last year about poverty alleviation with the hilltribe to break
the drug corridors.

You have not seen the poverty of an Akha village!

He was promptly fired for not praising and pushing drug war logic.

He was a 20 year veteran with the State Department.

In January Mr. Crane came came to Thailand, praised the lame Thais for the
wonderful job they are doing and promised continued financial aid for the
drug war. Nothing for poverty alleviation.

In February Thaksin began his drug war, three months he promised. And he
delivered. In that time there have been 2274 people murdered in most brutal
fashion in Thailand. Heads blow off, disemboweled, chased down, shot in
bed, you name it. Thaksin, a war criminal, denies it all. The head of the
Thai Human Rights organization is threatened to be killed for contacting the
UN. Thaksin blasts him in the press. He is a "traitor".

This is illegal. It is scandalous. US Tax dollars do not allow this. This
is not the rule of law. Police and officials invovled in drugs are
"transferred" not executed, so this is a double standard war against the
poor people.

How can America praise this? I have been here long enough to be quite full
of American mumbling as to why this and that happens, can or can not be
done.

We are currently doing a German documentary about American financial support
and apparent blindness to the brutal drug war going on in Thailand via death
squads.

The police burn the bodies so fast that next of kin often don't even see
what was done to their husbands and loved ones.

In an area where human rights is a joke, America is acting the fool.

Matthew McDaniel

SMMM

May 3, 2003, 10:58:33 PM5/3/03
On Thu, 1 May 2003 18:47:23 -0500, "Chris Clement"
<chrisc...@charter.net> wrote:

>Hello Fellow Packers! I'm going to be in the Green Bay area in July and
>would like to take my wife and kids to see the sites. I read on the Packers
>site that the stadium is closed to tours because of the upgrades. Can
>anyone recommend other sites of interest, good places to eat, etc. in Green
>Bay? I certainly would appreciate any info I can get. I live in
>Montgomery, AL (went to Bart Starr's high school) and have never been to
>Wisconsin. Don't know when I'll get this opportunity again so I want to
>make the most of my visit.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Chris

Go to Krolls east. It is the first one and the best of the two.

Mutamam

May 5, 2003, 1:09:09 PM5/5/03
JK <jksi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<jc66bvke1lb7pashr...@4ax.com>...

> FINAL?! Good... then there shouldn't be anymore of this garbage
> posted.

"Garbage"? Easy for you to say. I work near ground zero and lost a few
friends on 9/11. Its been a year and 1/2 later, certainly enough time
to get a few answers as to why this happened.

Mike Castleberg

May 5, 2003, 1:28:09 PM5/5/03

"Mutamam" <RANDE...@AOL.COM> wrote in message

Don't hold your breath...

Peter Wabbit

May 5, 2003, 2:50:14 PM5/5/03
Having lived for many years near Krolls East, make that THREE hearty
recommendations for their burgers!!!

We shall be returning home the last week of July for a family reunion
in Two Rivers; and am wondering if the training camp schedule has any
public access dates on July 28, 29 or 30th?

Looking forward to escorting my wife (Upstate NY) around my endeared
stomping grounds...

TIA

SpooRL2

May 5, 2003, 5:07:07 PM5/5/03
From: "Paul Jensen" <A HREF="mailto:pje...@gnt.net">pje...@gnt.net</A>

>I would recomend the old City Stadium site - still a high school field, and
Door County.

Door County in July? with all the FIBs?

JK

May 6, 2003, 9:18:04 AM5/6/03

Sorry, but there are better answers out there. And there are other
newsgroups for it.

JK

May 6, 2003, 11:16:01 AM5/6/03
On Tue, 6 May 2003 09:51:47 -0500, Brian Curley (Master of Time &
Space) <bkcu...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>In article <35eeb421.03050...@posting.google.com>, RANDER1010
>@AOL.COM says...

>Nevermind JK... he doesn't want to know. And if he finds out, he'll
>pretend he *still* doesn't know.

Curly Q, don't EVEN pretend to be some kind of voice of objectivity.
You're the biggest partisan hack in this newsgroup by a LONG shot.

SpooRL2

May 6, 2003, 12:06:03 PM5/6/03
From: JK <A HREF="mailto:jksi...@yahoo.com">jksi...@yahoo.com</A>

>Curly Q, don't EVEN pretend to be some kind of voice of objectivity. You're
the biggest partisan hack in this newsgroup by a LONG shot.

I refuse to vote. I'm the only objective commentator on political matters on
this ng, as far as I can tell.

Footejf

May 6, 2003, 2:35:53 PM5/6/03
In article <20030506120603...@mb-m02.aol.com>, spo...@aol.com
(SpooRL2) writes:

>From: JK jksi...@yahoo.com
>
>>Curly Q, don't EVEN pretend to be some kind of voice of objectivity. You're
>the biggest partisan hack in this newsgroup by a LONG shot.
>
>I refuse to vote. I'm the only objective commentator on political matters on
>this ng, as far as I can tell.

It really does take a partisan hack to think someone else is a partisan hack.
Of course, I'm a partisan hack, and I know you, Spoo are hackish by nature, and
are also plenty partisan. I gotta get down to Ap'ton and pitch a few brews
with you one of these days. Run your partisan ass into the ground with my
partisan perspective!

- Foote; Especially Packer Partisan

Larry Fine

May 6, 2003, 7:12:46 PM5/6/03
He isn't pretending, he's clueless.

On Tue, 6 May 2003 09:51:47 -0500, Brian Curley (Master of Time &
Space) <bkcu...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>In article <35eeb421.03050...@posting.google.com>, RANDER1010
>@AOL.COM says...

SpooRL

May 6, 2003, 8:01:59 PM5/6/03
From: <A HREF="mailto:foo...@aol.com ">foo...@aol.com </A> (Footejf)

>It really does take a partisan hack to think someone else is a partisan hack.
Of course, I'm a partisan hack, and I know you, Spoo are hackish by nature, and
are also plenty partisan. I gotta get down to Ap'ton and pitch a few brews
with you one of these days. Run your partisan ass into the ground with my
partisan perspective!

Ha! You! Thou sayest!

Harry

May 6, 2003, 8:12:36 PM5/6/03
"SpooRL2" <spo...@aol.com> wrote in message

they make for good target practice, makes sure the pickup can take out a
deer without damaging the brush guard too badly.

Joe Swoboda

May 7, 2003, 11:00:42 AM5/7/03
Talking about the old railroad museum in Ashwaubenon? I lived there in
the mid 70's and haven't been back since. As a matter of fact, looking
at some old family photos shows me sitting in the cab of the Freedom
Train of 1976. Heard most of Ashwaubenon has been overrun by the paper
mill and that Cormier (the elementary school) was shut down.

I too was thinking of trekking back there this summer but since the
stadium is shut to visitors perhaps I'll wait a year. I can still
remember making $10 for a day of shoveling the stands at Lambeau and
playing catch with the players during practice at the then new practice
field across the road from Lambeau (my great Uncle was Dan
Devine).....good old days (and I was then, and still am, an ardent
Viking fan).

One more question - why do you even respond to the trolls in this
newsgroup? If you just ignore them they either go away or at least it
makes it easier to filter them. I like visiting other teams' newsgroups
for their thoughts - makes the NFL much more interesting.

--
SwoboVike

DrBear

May 7, 2003, 11:32:46 AM5/7/03
On Wed, 07 May 2003 10:00:42 -0500, Joe Swoboda <swobo...@yahoo.com> added to the

general ennui in this newsgroup by posting:

>Talking about the old railroad museum in Ashwaubenon? I lived there in

>the mid 70's and haven't been back since. As a matter of fact, looking
>at some old family photos shows me sitting in the cab of the Freedom
>Train of 1976. Heard most of Ashwaubenon has been overrun by the paper
>mill and that Cormier (the elementary school) was shut down.

The museum is going just fine - has added a new display building or two. As for the mill
taking over Ashwaubenon, it's probably more accurate to say Bay Park Square has taken it
over. And they're planning some new condos/retail for the riverfront area just south of
172 (near Lakeside Marina). Cormier School was still running kindergarten classes only the
last I checked.

------
This is only a test. Had this been an actual clever signature to this post you would be laughing by now.

NERDMANN

May 7, 2003, 2:49:37 PM5/7/03
> Curly Q, don't EVEN pretend to be some kind of voice of objectivity.
> You're the biggest partisan hack in this newsgroup by a LONG shot.

at least he's not a stupid bitch.
vigilius haufniensis

JK

May 7, 2003, 3:30:39 PM5/7/03
On Wed, 7 May 2003 13:49:37 -0500, "NERDMANN"
<when_i_ki...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Curly Q, don't EVEN pretend to be some kind of voice of objectivity.
>> You're the biggest partisan hack in this newsgroup by a LONG shot.
>

>at least he's not a stupid bitch.

Grow up. You're in the same class as valhalla. Did I attack you?
Did I insult you in any way? It's so funny that you constantly (and
vainly) attempt to pass yourself off as some kind of "intellectual"
and then destroy your own attempts at looking smart by posting
uninstigated insults. You're a real piece of work.