Tips for a first-time Lambeau visitor?

milt

Aug 12, 2006, 2:26:32 AM8/12/06
Well, me and the fiancee will be making my first trip to Lambeau for the
season opener (what a game to be the first, eh?). Just wanted some tips
on how to make the most of game day, anyone got any? Maybe an idea of
what to expect?

PC

Aug 12, 2006, 7:07:01 AM8/12/06

"milt" <net...@dunspammiltsweb.com> wrote in message

I have only been there a few times so no doubt others will have great
advice. My $0.02:

1) Get there early. A good couple hours before game time plus some change.
Depending on how far you travel this will be easier if it is an afternoon or
night game.

2) You can park real close to the stadium but if you get there early you can
shop around. Many residents sell parking spaces on their lawn. It will be
something like $20 to park real close to the stadium, then $15 a few houses
down, then $10, etc. If you can suffer the walk (for me not a big deal)
then park a few blocks away and save some cash.

3) Do try a footlong Johnsonville brat.

4) Again, if you get there early you can mingle with tailgaters. Most are
friendly. Check out the Packer pro shop. Take in the atrium. You can
catch the players driving in to the stadium if you are in the right place at
the right time. You will notice a line of people along a driveway close to
the stadium near the pro shop. That is the right place.

nerd

Aug 12, 2006, 3:06:13 PM8/12/06
> 2) You can park real close to the stadium but if you get there early you
> can> shop around. Many residents sell parking spaces on their lawn. It
> will be> something like $20 to park real close to the stadium, then $15 a
> few houses> down, then $10, etc. If you can suffer the walk (for me not a
> big deal)> then park a few blocks away and save some cash.

NERD: yeah, park on the back streets north of the stadium between ridge and
oneida. there is a catwalk from i think its shadow lane to lombardi, where
people cross over to get to the stadium. if you get there early enough, you
can park right on the street. if you know someone in town, have the drop
you off by the catwalk, then pick you up again after the game.

> 3) Do try a footlong Johnsonville brat.

NERD: get your fiancee drunk and have her try "your" footlong. (preferably
"after" the game.)

4) Again, if you get there early you can mingle with tailgaters. Most are>
friendly. Check out the Packer pro shop. Take in the atrium. You can>
catch the players driving in to the stadium if you are in the right place at
> the right time. You will notice a line of people along a driveway close
> to> the stadium near the pro shop. That is the right place.

NERD: yeah, you can probly get good food in the atrium. otherwise, hit
krolls. the one on the east side will be less crowded. its on main street,
just off of deckner. heheh. great burgers and malts. dont go to cafe
espresso downtown, or your fiancee will be pissed, because the waitresses
are very beautiful. if your fiancee is a teenage homosexual boy or you want
to meet dave and geo, go to kavarna, on broadway. if youre black, try
barnett's club "56." "maria's" restaurant down on broadway serves the BEST
mexican food. waaaaaay better than los banditos, and the servers are all
mexicans too, the service is excellent. whats the name of that little
microbrewery over by the main street bridge? hinterland? that place is
coolass.
are you just bopping into town for the game or are you spending some time in
town?
nerdman

milt

Aug 12, 2006, 10:02:17 PM8/12/06
PC wrote:
> "milt" <net...@dunspammiltsweb.com> wrote in message
>> Well, me and the fiancee will be making my first trip to Lambeau for the
>> season opener (what a game to be the first, eh?). Just wanted some tips
>> on how to make the most of game day, anyone got any? Maybe an idea of
>> what to expect?
>
> I have only been there a few times so no doubt others will have great
> advice. My $0.02:
>
> 1) Get there early. A good couple hours before game time plus some change.
> Depending on how far you travel this will be easier if it is an afternoon or
> night game.

Should be easy.. we plan on getting in the day before and taking in the
HOF. Probably the stadium tour if possible.

> 2) You can park real close to the stadium but if you get there early you can
> shop around. Many residents sell parking spaces on their lawn. It will be
> something like $20 to park real close to the stadium, then $15 a few houses
> down, then $10, etc. If you can suffer the walk (for me not a big deal)
> then park a few blocks away and save some cash.
>
> 3) Do try a footlong Johnsonville brat.

Oh damn, that sounds like something I MUST have.

> 4) Again, if you get there early you can mingle with tailgaters. Most are
> friendly. Check out the Packer pro shop. Take in the atrium. You can
> catch the players driving in to the stadium if you are in the right place at
> the right time. You will notice a line of people along a driveway close to
> the stadium near the pro shop. That is the right place.

Sounds like I'm going to have a hell of a time.

Blue 58

Aug 13, 2006, 3:12:50 AM8/13/06

>> 1) Get there early. A good couple hours before game time plus some change.
>> Depending on how far you travel this will be easier if it is an afternoon or
>> night game.
>>

>Should be easy.. we plan on getting in the day before and taking in the
>HOF. Probably the stadium tour if possible.

Expect to arrive early Sat if you want the stadium tour. Lines start
forming at least an hour before tickets go on sale & sell out within a
couple hours on gameday weekends.

Between a stadium tour, a visit to the HOF, food @ Curly's, and a
visit to the ProShop (all are within the atrium) you can fill up the
better portion of the day...

You can also head down Packer Dr to Holmgren Way... you'll find
another memorabilia store, Favre's Steakhouse, some bars, food, etc.
On Sat chances will be good to see players sporadically visiting the
Hutson center, but if autographs/player sighting is your thing, the
parking lot at Lambeau will offer more opps.

Another place that only get's mentioned about half the time for the
everything-Packers tour is a few miles west of Lambeau: Fuzzy's on
Mason St. The Sat before a game will typically feature Thurston &
possibly another former player or two, live entertainment, karaoke,
etc.

Blue 58

Aug 13, 2006, 4:10:53 AM8/13/06

>Should be easy.. we plan on getting in the day before and taking in the
>HOF. Probably the stadium tour if possible.

Also... are you by chance a JSO Packer Insider? There is a solid "A
grassroots guide to Green Bay" article there that cover's probably an
entire week's worth of food, historic sites, lodging, bars, that
aren't on the list of obvious things to do.

foo...@aol.com

Aug 13, 2006, 9:43:47 PM8/13/06

I'm not a JSO Insider subscriber but have my own list of various
Packer sites around the city. Would be interested to see what the JS
has that I may have missed.

Milt, if you want my cheat sheet, shoot me an e-mail.

- Foote

Al Mundy

Aug 14, 2006, 12:10:54 AM8/14/06

<foo...@aol.com> wrote in message

The JSO site must have been written by packer fans. When you click on a
link, the article comes up, followed by a page with the JSO login.

If you hit the stop button while the article loads, you get the article
without the login screen.

Signed,
Your criminal buddy,
Dave