Firefighter Framed By Columbus Whore Cop

Avenger

Dec 29, 2007, 4:55:58 PM12/29/07
Firefighter charged with indecency near topless woman was entrapped,
attorney says
Monday, November 12, 2007 10:42 PM
By Jodi Andes

The Columbus Dispatch
A Columbus firefighter charged with exposing himself in a city park went on
trial today, but his attorney said the charge was a police trap.

Robin Garrison, 42, was charged with public indecency, a misdemeanor, after
Columbus police said he exposed his genitals to a woman in Berliner Park on
May 20.

In opening arguments, Garrison's attorney, Sam Shamansky, argued that police
set up a sting around a woman who had been sunbathing topless in the park
for days.

"Columbus police utilized this topless woman to snare this man," Shamansky
said. "He sees her day after day. He's not some seedy pervert."

Assistant City Prosecutors Michael Allbritain and Stephen Steinberg showed
jurors a videotape of the encounter.

The footage was black and white, and taken from a distance because the
camera lacked a zoom lens, Vice Sgt. Stan Latta testified.

On the day Garrison was charged, he was off duty but in his Columbus
Division of Fire uniform.

The footage shows him sitting near the woman, under a tree, and the two
talking for several minutes. At one point, the woman puts her foot on his
shoulder. Though she was supposed to be sunbathing, she appears to be
sitting in the shade.

The tape does not include audio, so it's unclear what was said, but during
the exchange Garrison unzips his pants and exposes himself.

Shamansky said Garrison saw the woman for days as he drove past Berliner
Park.

"She asks to see his penis and, like a fool, he does it," Shamansky said.

Detective Dick Elias said vice officers had set up the video because they
were targeting men who were having sex or masturbating in the park - not men
who had come to see her.

The woman had been sunbathing topless near the front of the park for days,
he said, and "had become a spectacle" with men driving by to watch.

It is legal for women to be topless in Columbus.

So Elias asked the woman to move to the rear of the park, which she did. But
men still drove by to see her. Another man, whose name wasn't mentioned, was
charged the same afternoon as Garrison for exposing himself to the woman.

The Fire Division moved Garrison, of Woodbridge Lane in Baltimore, to a desk
job after he was charged, Division spokesman Battalion Chief Doug Smith
said.

The trial before Judge Michael Brandt continues Tuesday in Franklin County
Municipal Court.

ElParedon

Dec 29, 2007, 8:26:47 PM12/29/07
In Canada this would be thrown out of court, and the cop lady wouldn't have
a job, this is a clear case of frame up!

"Avenger" <ave...@avengers.co.uk> wrote in message

Avenger

Dec 29, 2007, 9:13:40 PM12/29/07

"ElParedon" <ser...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> In Canada this would be thrown out of court, and the cop lady wouldn't
> have a job, this is a clear case of frame up!

Cops in the US do this stuff all the time to bring in more $$$ so they can
pay for more cops and better cop equipment so they can give out more fines
lol Cop roadblocks for DWI rarely catch any drunk drivers but it gives them
the chance to give out fines for stuff like seatbelt and expired inspection
stickers etc

Roy Roger

Dec 30, 2007, 11:42:34 AM12/30/07
But wait, this is a good case, because he can argue discrimination. If a
woman is entitle to be nude, men should be honored with the same status. He
showed her his penis, maybe not, maybe he pulled out his penis because she
caused his erection which caused pressure and irritation due to the tight
pants he wore. If it is illegal for a person to scream fire in a theater,
then it should be illegal for a woman to expose her parts. Although I
consider myself clean cut Christian man, but if this woman stood nude with
me in an elevator, I am going to bestow my blessing on her with my penis. I
will use the same defense as Jimmy Swagger, Jim Baked and even the Zionist
president of Israel. The Devil made me do it. Or better yet, I will use the
good old Jewish slogan, this is just plain anti Semitic.

Roy

Bob Braun

Dec 30, 2007, 12:27:27 PM12/30/07

> "ElParedon" <ser...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> In Canada this would be thrown out of court, and the cop lady wouldn't
>> have a job, this is a clear case of frame up!
>
> Cops in the US do this stuff all the time to bring in more $$$ so they can
> pay for more cops and better cop equipment so they can give out more fines
> lol Cop roadblocks for DWI rarely catch any drunk drivers but it gives
> them the chance to give out fines for stuff like seatbelt and expired
> inspection stickers etc

Being a retired police officer, I generally side with the law. But if the
facts of this case are as presented, this is pathetic.

You are right, DUI checkpoints are a joke and severely restrict the
liberties of innocent people. While you are at it, toss in red light
cameras. Being able to fine someone for a violation without a hearing, or
even being able to identify the driver, violates ANY notion of due process.

People all over this country should be up on their hind legs fighting
checkpoints and red light cameras. Red light cameras are sold as a way to
curb accidents at dangerous intersections. They are used to generate
dollars!

Sarge

Dec 30, 2007, 8:38:53 PM12/30/07

"Bob Braun" <oxi...@hotandsunnymail.com> wrote in message

>>> have a job, this is a clear case of frame up!

> Being a retired police officer, I generally side with the law. But if the
> facts of this case are as presented, this is pathetic.
>
> You are right, DUI checkpoints are a joke and severely restrict the
> liberties of innocent people. While you are at it, toss in red light
> cameras. Being able to fine someone for a violation without a hearing, or
> even being able to identify the driver, violates ANY notion of due
> process.
>
> People all over this country should be up on their hind legs fighting
> checkpoints and red light cameras. Red light cameras are sold as a way to
> curb accidents at dangerous intersections. They are used to generate
> dollars!

as another retired cop, I agree with Bob whole heartedly.
I want to know why the columbus cops did not arrest the broad who had
repeatedly violated the law?
With no sound recording, they can't say whether or not she didn't ask to see
his pecker. If you let one slide for being nude in a park, how can you
charge the other?
If my deputies ever came to me and said they wanted to run a sting like
that, I'd send them back to school!

On red light cameras, I want a hearing and to face my accuser. Which cop in
the dpt saw ME run a light? None, it was a camera, then bring that bastard
in to court and let testify that it was ME. hahaha!
I can see cameras for muggings and such but they WILL BE abused just like
they have been in the UK.