CHUMP - ABC Low Budget Stuff

Tremblar

Jun 5, 2003, 8:54:20 AM6/5/03
A few non-basketball basketball things that caught my attention in last
night's game.

-The 'Free Flight' camera nearly made me sick. Horrible, horrible camera
shot. I actually prefer NBC's cam on a straight wire from last and previous
years (and I hated that one)
-Does ABC employ untrained, addled monkeys to do the shooting stats computer
graphic?
Really cheap and cheesy looking for a network - I would expect to see that
type of quality
on Rogers Cable community coverage of the Humber Hawks v whoever
-Floor cam was pretty cool - Mutumbo and Duncan have got massive feet - I
almost fell off the couch when I first saw the camera shot of the block by
Dikembe on Timmy - I wonder how watching the whole game from that angle
would be?
-Is Mike Tirico better suited to Access Hollywood than NBA coverage?
-Sean Elliot/Kerry Kittles - conjoined twins (at the head obviously)?

Asianflow

Jun 5, 2003, 10:52:34 AM6/5/03

> -Floor cam was pretty cool - Mutumbo and Duncan have got massive feet -

On the Stern show yesterday a guest mentioned that Dik's package was huge!

better known as McGrady's Cousin

Jun 5, 2003, 2:44:48 PM6/5/03
Basketball tv ratings are also very low.

"Tremblar" <irresist...@immoveableobject.com> wrote in message

Ran

Jun 5, 2003, 5:52:27 PM6/5/03
how about the Girls Gone Wild Shots (camera man shooting up towards some
bouncing young thing with at least C cups). Do they think this actually
attracts viewers male or female ?!? (If their gonna go for FOX type
shenanigans just show us the dance teams during the breaks).

Free Flight does suck......somebody tried to bring an NBA Live video game
feature to our tv sets. No thanks. At least they haven't started adding
graphics showing the ball on fire when a shooter hits a few buckets in a row
!!!

They have a lot of stupid features....I'm not sure what they call the
graphic where the replay shows the player in various "poses" (they basically
do high tech free frame).

I also like the Floor Cam (or whatever they call the camera underneath the
net) just to see the slams & such.

Asianflow

Jun 5, 2003, 10:08:15 PM6/5/03

> how about the Girls Gone Wild Shots (camera man shooting up towards some
> bouncing young thing with at least C cups). Do they think this actually
> attracts viewers male or female ?!? (If their gonna go for FOX type
> shenanigans just show us the dance teams during the breaks).

Damm ABC has these angles??? I will be watching the finals now!

newkid

Jun 6, 2003, 12:02:49 AM6/6/03

> how about the Girls Gone Wild Shots (camera man shooting up towards some
> bouncing young thing with at least C cups).

"Pardon the Interruption" aptly named this camera the "Boob Cam"