2017-2018 early start

Ammammata

Jun 9, 2017, 1:33:27 PM6/9/17

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_NBA_season

October 20th

Why?

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

$Bill

Jun 9, 2017, 9:55:41 PM6/9/17
On 06-09-17 10:29, Ammammata wrote:

> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_NBA_season
>
> October 20th
>
> Why?

Maybe to cut the BTBs down. Or end the season before June.

Ammammata

Jun 12, 2017, 3:22:26 AM6/12/17
Il giorno Sat 10 Jun 2017 03:55:31a, *$Bill* ha inviato su
alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers il messaggio news:ohfjc5$5ud$1@dont-
email.me. Vediamo cosa ha scritto:

> Or end the season before June.

well, actually there are no "world" games in 2018...

After the 2014 edition, the FIBA Basketball World Cup (but not the FIBA
Women's Basketball World Cup) will be reset on a new quadrennial cycle. The
2014 (men's) World Cup will be followed by the 2019 World Cup, avoiding
conflict with the FIFA World Cup.
Address :
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_sports_championships>

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-
........... [ al lavoro ] ...........

$Bill

Jun 12, 2017, 6:00:36 AM6/12/17
On 06-12-17 00:22, Ammammata wrote:
> Il giorno Sat 10 Jun 2017 03:55:31a, *$Bill* ha inviato su
> alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers il messaggio news:ohfjc5$5ud$1@dont-
> email.me. Vediamo cosa ha scritto:
>
>> Or end the season before June.
>>

> well, actually there are no "world" games in 2018...

We may find out what's happening when the schedule comes out in Aug.

My guess will be less BTB games.

Gary Collard

Jun 12, 2017, 3:51:27 PM6/12/17
On 6/9/2017 12:29 PM, Ammammata wrote:

> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_NBA_season
>
> October 20th
>
> Why?

They are trying to give more rest days, I actually thought they were
moving to mid October but this is a step in the right direction, should
be able to chop off a few back to backs for each team.

--
Gary Collard
SABR-L Moderator

"Government is force, and politics is the process of deciding
who gets to use it on whom." –- Richard Grant