Remembering Magic ;)

Ammammata

May 12, 2017, 3:13:00 AM5/12/17
No Leonard, no problem for Spurs

For the second time in the last two years, the Rockets were dismissed from
the playoffs in a loss by a margin of 30-plus points to a team that was
playing without its leading scorer from that season. In April 2016, the
Warriors defeated Houston in five games in the first round, winning Game
Five without Steph Curry, 114–81. On Thursday night, Kawhi Leonard sat out,
but the Spurs clinched their series with Houston by virtue of a 114–75
blowout in Game Six. Those were the ninth and tenth instances in NBA
history in which a team clinched a series by winning a game in which its
leading scorer from that season did not play––although none of the previous
eight was decided by more than 25 points.

*The most famous game of that kind came in the 1980 NBA Finals, when Kareem
Abdul-Jabbar missed Game Six against the 76ers, and rookie Magic Johnson
stepped up to the tune of 42 points, 15 rebounds and seven assists, to win
the championship for the Lakers.*

Address : <http://www.espn.com/blog/elias-says/post/_/id/959/elias-says-
may-12-2017>

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-
........... [ al lavoro ] ...........

Gary Collard

May 17, 2017, 7:40:12 PM5/17/17
On 5/12/2017 2:12 AM, Ammammata wrote:
> No Leonard, no problem for Spurs
>
> For the second time in the last two years, the Rockets were dismissed from
> the playoffs in a loss by a margin of 30-plus points to a team that was
> playing without its leading scorer from that season. In April 2016, the
> Warriors defeated Houston in five games in the first round, winning Game
> Five without Steph Curry, 114–81. On Thursday night, Kawhi Leonard sat out,
> but the Spurs clinched their series with Houston by virtue of a 114–75
> blowout in Game Six. Those were the ninth and tenth instances in NBA
> history in which a team clinched a series by winning a game in which its
> leading scorer from that season did not play––although none of the previous
> eight was decided by more than 25 points.
>
> *The most famous game of that kind came in the 1980 NBA Finals, when Kareem
> Abdul-Jabbar missed Game Six against the 76ers, and rookie Magic Johnson
> stepped up to the tune of 42 points, 15 rebounds and seven assists, to win
> the championship for the Lakers.*
>
> Address : <http://www.espn.com/blog/elias-says/post/_/id/959/elias-says-
> may-12-2017>

And I had to watch it on tape delay, because that's how it was at the
time. Luckily, there was no internet or Sportscenter, so no spoilers.

--
Gary Collard
SABR-L Moderator

"Government is force, and politics is the process of deciding
who gets to use it on whom." –- Richard Grant