ot iraqi's say zarqawi never existed... no need to believe them though...

1 view

bozak

Jun 8, 2006, 10:13:12 PM6/8/06
Does al-Zarqawi exist?
11/10/2005 14:46 - (SA)

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/Iraq/0,,2-10-1460_1814710,00.html

Baghdad - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's faction has claimed responsibility for attacks that have left
hundreds of Iraqis dead, and the United States has called him the most dangerous terrorist in
Iraq.

Still, even as al-Zarqawi threatens more chaos - in recordings and internet messages - many Iraqis
believe the Jordanian militant does not even exist and is merely a phantom created by the
Americans to sow unrest in the country.

Similar disbelief greeted Britain's explanation that its soldiers, arrested in southern Iraq
disguised as Arabs, were on an undercover hunt for terrorists. Instead, some Iraqis argue the
soldiers were out to kill Shi'ite Muslims and blame the murders on Sunnis in hopes of sparking
civil war.

Such conspiracy theories are common among Arabs and may seem laughable to outsiders. But in Iraq,
where rulers from British colonists to Saddam Hussein regularly played one ethnic group against
the other, imagined plots can seem reasonable - a fact that may have dire consequences for US
efforts to build a stable Iraqi government.

Opposition to constitution

Indeed, ethnic and religious groups typically at odds are now standing united against the
US-backed push for Iraqis to adopt a new constitution in a referendum om Friday and elect a
permanent government in December. These steps, they say, are really intended to tighten the grip
of America and Britain - the old master in Iraq - on the counry's oil wealth.

"Zarqawi is ... a myth that America has created to put a face to the terrorism it wants to stoke
in this country to justify its continued presence," Sheik Amer al-Husseini, a top aide to radical
Shi'ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, told The Associated Press in a recent interview.

"If there was no more terrorism in Iraq, there would be no reason for the United States to remain
... making it harder for them to ... force this constitution on Iraqis," said al-Husseini.

Such arguments only add to confusion among many Iraqis who already are faced with different views
from religious leaders. The radical al-Sadr has hinted he opposes the new constitution, while
Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, the Iranian-born cleric who holds the greatest sway over Iraqi
Shi'ites, has urged its passage.

US officials had hoped that such rifts, more common between the Shi'ites and Sunnis, would have
been overcome with the June 2004 handover of sovereignty and the January elections that brought
the current government to power.

But each time, the same hardline Shi'ite and Sunni groups who had ridiculed the war to topple
Saddam as a US effort to seize control over Iraqi oil, remained unconvinced.

As a result, little has changed in Iraq, once the seat of proud Islamic empires upon which Iraqis
now look back in wonder as they survey a landscape pockmarked by bombs and sown with civilian
corpses.

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=2276

The Truth Seeker - Zarqawi Does Not Exist

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/FJ15Ak02.html

Zarqawi - Bush's man for all seasons

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/sami_ramadani/2006/04/does_zarqawi_read_the_washingt.html

Does Zarqawi read the washington post

http://planetquo.com/Al-Zarqawi-Harry-Houdini-Meets-Superman

Al-Zarqawi: Harry Houdini Meets Superman

--
"September 11 wasn't the Zapruder film, it was the Zapruder film festival."

Charlie Sheen

mozark

Jun 8, 2006, 10:48:02 PM6/8/06
> Baghdad - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's faction has claimed responsibility for attacks that have left
> hundreds of Iraqis dead, and the United States has called him the most dangerous terrorist in
> Iraq.

Whadda they know?? Just a bunch of non-Ivy League ragheads.

And they oppress their women!

Hector Illium

Jun 9, 2006, 12:38:19 AM6/9/06
On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 02:13:12 GMT, " bozak"
<the...bozak1@gmail.com> wrote:

>Does al-Zarqawi exist?
>11/10/2005 14:46 - (SA)

As Voltaire said, if God didn't exist, we'd have to invent him...

bozak

Jun 9, 2006, 12:41:35 AM6/9/06

"Hector Illium" <hh...@aol.com> wrote in message news:njuh82pibqabvl6ro...@4ax.com...

which god??? :-)

Terraholm

Jun 9, 2006, 3:41:00 AM6/9/06

Columbia, the official US godess.

- = k O e N s = -

Jun 9, 2006, 7:07:50 AM6/9/06

bozak wrote:
> Does al-Zarqawi exist?
> 11/10/2005 14:46 - (SA)

"The American people (also known by the US administration as the "U.S.
Home Audience") are addressed by the Pentagon in a pretty unique
fashion. This is how it works: you first get a Pentagon-paid person in
the US to write an item in English on how wonderful things are in Iraq;
secondly you get another a Pentagon paid person to translate the item
into Arabic; thirdly, you pass the item to an Iraqi journalist/editor,
in the free and democratic Iraq, and ask him/her to publish it under
his/her name in return for scores of dollars; fourthly you get the
article translated back into English in the US and feed it to the
American and world public through the Pentagon's propaganda machine and
the obliging media."

i think that kinda sums it up...