Michael Vick

Magic-MARK-er

Aug 15, 2009, 12:50:29 AM8/15/09
So it was announced today that the Philadelphia Eagles have
given Vick a two year contract. I personally hope the bastard
falls on his ass and fails. Yeah I know that's a really strong
statement. But I look at someone like Vick who tortures and
kills defensless animals the same way I look at child molesters,
rapists, sexual preditors, and anyome who abuses other human
beings. He torturerd his dogs, he hung dogs until dead, and he
drowned dogs. They may have suffered less then the dogs who made
it to the ring to fight until the death though. In the entire
NFL I believe there are only two teams who are renigade enough
to have hired Vick. Oakalnd and Philadelphia. I know the Buss
family would never consider hiring a player like Vick who lacks
the character in a player the Lakers require. But what if the
Lakers had hired someone like Vick. I have been a Laker fan, no,
a Laker fanatic since their last years in Minneapolis. About 52
years. And I love this team and what it stands for. I just don't
know how I would be able to support them if they did what the
Eagles did by hiring Vick.

Yes, sure I know that he served his time and he is entitled to
earn a living. Pro football funded his dog fighting operation
and I question why the NFL allowed him to rejoin their league.
I wonder how David Stern would rule on this issue had it been an
NBA player.

Sorry, but someone who did what Vivk did just turns my stomach
and I do not believe him when he says he feels the shame and
embarrassment for his involvement in dogfighting. He is a
scumbag, a liar, and will say anything people want to hear.

Mark

bozak

Aug 15, 2009, 1:12:57 AM8/15/09

yet not a word about the guy in the league that did 30 days in jail
for killing a human being, not a dog...

killing dogs = 2 years in jail
killing humans = 30 days in jail

yet its the guy who killed the dogs youre talking about...

alrighty then...

frndt...@aol.com

Aug 15, 2009, 1:56:49 AM8/15/09
On Aug 14, 10:12�pm, " bozak"
> alrighty then...- Hide quoted text -

well, there was some mitigating circumstances. Like the dude
jaywalking . Not quite like Leonard little runnign a red light.

Magic-MARK-er

Aug 15, 2009, 8:21:42 AM8/15/09
" bozak" <*****____b...@gmail.com____*****> wrote in

That's a whole other issue and don't even get me started on that
one cause that dude, like so many other misfits in our society
never received the punishment they deserve. The guy who kills
people after getting drunk and getting in his car didn't plan on
committing a crime. But he knew it it was wrong to drink and
drive. He also knew it was illeagal and he also knew what the
penalty would be. That bastard was just lucky in getting off
with such a light sentence. So many criminals have walked free
because their money and a good legal team has bought them
freedom through our court system. Like O.J. Simpson. He slashes
two throats and walks free. Like the guy who murders 9 people at
a Jewish center in Granada Hills and gets off with a life
sentence, rather then the death penilty, and now we the people
are paying for his upkeep in prison. How Phil Spector, with all
his money, couldn't buy his way out of it is beyond me. They all
should have their balls cut off. It's not a black issue, or a
white issue, or a race issue. It all goes to prove how screwed
up things are in this world we live in and how many times the
penilty doesn't fit the crime. That certinly includes pro
sports.

The issue I brought up was Vick.
He didn't just kill dogs. He tortured dogs. It dosn't make him
less evil then a person who who tortures people just because his
crime was against amimals. They are all evil people doing crimes
against humanity. If you feel it is ok to torture animals then I
feel very sorry for you too.

bozak

Aug 15, 2009, 8:39:28 AM8/15/09

never said it was a black or white issue and why you would infer that
i think its okay to torture animals i will never know...

i just know i never saw a thread from you commenting on the donte
stallworth issue...

it amazes me how so many people seem to be more upset over dogs
being killed than human beings...

Chim Chim

Aug 15, 2009, 10:38:45 AM8/15/09
> it amazes me how so many people seem to be more upset over dogs
> being killed than human beings...

So in order to make his point valid and just, he needs to counter it with a
story of how human suffering is worse?
You should be happy to know, if Vick had done the same to a human, he might
be in jail for a bit longer.

There must be something wrong with me, but I really like it when I see
rounds being fired at the Taliban or Al qaeda :)
Vick took it upon himself to torture and kill scared and defenseless
animals. He as a human knew better, but for his own sadistic reasons went
ahead with it. He got a slap on the wrist for his actions.

Just like Hitler's henchmen, Vick "maybe" felt a bit of empathy early on
during his murder and torture spree, but then he became hardened and thought
what he was doing was acceptable because everyone else was doing it in his
circle.

I'm actually happy he was reinstated and signed. I hope he gets ridiculed
and the crowd goes nuts on him like a European soccer game.

greg brown

Aug 15, 2009, 12:19:45 PM8/15/09

" bozak" <*****____b...@gmail.com____*****> wrote in message

> i just know i never saw a thread from you commenting on the donte
> stallworth issue...
>
> it amazes me how so many people seem to be more upset over dogs
> being killed than human beings...

I don't know if its miplaced priorities or the produce of pop culture gone
wild -- people see on the news the reactions of others and uncontollably
mimic those reactions, or maybe its easier for some to put aside human
suffering (especially when those humans look different or speak
differently), over the suffering of animals.

Vick served his time and is hopefully, trying to put his life back together
and become a better eron. Somehow, I find that to be commendable.

Greg

bozak

Aug 15, 2009, 1:13:52 PM8/15/09
greg brown wrote:
> " bozak" <*****____b...@gmail.com____*****> wrote in message
>>>

>> i just know i never saw a thread from you commenting on the donte
>> stallworth issue...
>>
>> it amazes me how so many people seem to be more upset over dogs
>> being killed than human beings...
>
> I don't know if its miplaced priorities or the produce of pop culture gone
> wild -- people see on the news the reactions of others and uncontollably
> mimic those reactions, or maybe its easier for some to put aside human
> suffering (especially when those humans look different or speak
> differently), over the suffering of animals.

and it is so crazy... we killed hundreds of thousands of human beings in
iraq in a war for profit and do you see these same crazies in an uproar over
it??? hell no... but let somebody do something to an animal and its on, oh
my god you dont deserve to live...

i like animals, but i do not see them on the same level as human beings, if
i did i guess i would feel guilty for eating chicken when surely i dont...

> Vick served his time and is hopefully, trying to put his life back together
> and become a better eron. Somehow, I find that to be commendable.

these people are fine with throwing away the key until the shoe is on the
foot of a family member or themselves...

Magic-MARK-er

Aug 15, 2009, 1:56:40 PM8/15/09
" bozak" <*****____b...@gmail.com____*****> wrote in

No only you, are reading something more into this.
I am no more (or less) upset over dogs being killed then I would
be over people getting maimed, tortured, or killed by another
person. Again, the issue I brought up here is Mike Vick. Not
Stallworth, not Manson, not Richard Rameriz. Mike Vick. You are
the one who needs to use the crimes they committed as a
measuring stick for Vick's crimes, which is not the issue here.
The crimes Vick committed were premeditated, planned out in
advance, and not in any form accidental.

Nobody ever said you were making this a black or white issue. So
you don't need to get all defensive about it. You brought the
race issue up, not me. I used 3 examples to show how poorly our
leagal system works at times and one just happened to be a black
person. The other 2 examples were whites. It may seem to you
that people are more upset over dogs being killed then they are
over people getting killed, but they are no less upset.

The way many people look at this issue has a lot to do with
their up-bringing, the part of the country they come from, and
the moral values that their parents and families instill in
them.

Chim Chim

Aug 15, 2009, 2:08:17 PM8/15/09

"> Nobody ever said you were making this a black or white issue. So
> you don't need to get all defensive about it. You brought the
> race issue up, not me.

He always does.
It's like talking to Jessie Jackson or Sharpton. It's almost never about
race until he makes it that way. It's really difficult to have conversations
with racists. Good thing he has a lot of company here or he would just be
laughed off.

I'm sure he means well, but he has a race infatuation that distorts his
views.

Terraholm

Aug 15, 2009, 2:24:12 PM8/15/09
bozak wrote:
> greg brown wrote:
>> " bozak" <*****____b...@gmail.com____*****> wrote in message

>> Vick served his time and is hopefully, trying to put his life back together

>> and become a better eron. Somehow, I find that to be commendable.
>
> these people are fine with throwing away the key until the shoe is on the
> foot of a family member or themselves...

Ya know how I feel about the dog fighting, let alone bashing their
brains out on the cement for entertainment...but likely Vick actually
got more punishment because of who he was and the publicity it generated
than the average.
The investigation normally would not have gone that far nor with the
feds coming in... and first offense dogfighting tends to get a fine, 6
months probation and community service, not 18 months in a federal prison.

Inadvertently he did more than anyone in years to promote prosecution of
dog fighting.

Magic-MARK-er

Aug 15, 2009, 2:33:36 PM8/15/09
" bozak" <*****____b...@gmail.com____*****> wrote in

> greg brown wrote:
>> " bozak" <*****____b...@gmail.com____*****> wrote in
>> message news:h66aa9$223$1...@news.eternal-september.org...
>>>>

>>> i just know i never saw a thread from you commenting on
>>> the donte stallworth issue...
>>>
>>> it amazes me how so many people seem to be more upset
>>> over dogs being killed than human beings...
>>
>> I don't know if its miplaced priorities or the produce of
>> pop culture gone wild -- people see on the news the
>> reactions of others and uncontollably mimic those
>> reactions, or maybe its easier for some to put aside human
>> suffering (especially when those humans look different or
>> speak differently), over the suffering of animals.
>
> and it is so crazy... we killed hundreds of thousands of
> human beings in iraq in a war for profit and do you see
> these same crazies in an uproar over it??? hell no... but
> let somebody do something to an animal and its on, oh my
> god you dont deserve to live...

Wrong again.
If you can't see the uproar and protests over the killing of
innocent people in the Iraq war, well then you must be blind.
We protest the killings in any unjust war.

> i like animals, but i do not see them on the same level as
> human beings, if i did i guess i would feel guilty for
> eating chicken when surely i dont...

Now that's really a bit dramatic.
We raise chickens for food. They are killed in what is
supposed to be a humain, quick and plainess way. Chickens and
all the aminals people use for food are not tortured and
maimed. Vick tortured and maimed aminals and took pleasure in
causing the animals horrific agony.

>> Vick served his time and is hopefully, trying to put his
>> life back together and become a better eron. Somehow, I
>> find that to be commendable.
>
> these people are fine with throwing away the key until the
> shoe is on the foot of a family member or themselves...

The vast majority of normal people don't have to worry about a
family member or themselves doing the kind of crimes Vick did.
Most normal people don't think that way. You're saying that we
should make Vicks punishient less, so that when one of our own
family members commits the same kind of crime their sentence
would be lighter based upon Vick's sentence. First of all, our
family members don't do what Vick did, and secondly, if one of
our family members did, then their punishment should also fit
the crime.

Chim Chim

Aug 15, 2009, 3:16:38 PM8/15/09
> i like animals, but i do not see them on the same level as human beings,
> if
> i did i guess i would feel guilty for eating chicken when surely i dont...

Hi,

I am a human, I evolved from a lower life form over millenniums. I am now
smarter then you lower life forms therefore I dictate whether I can torture,
mutilate and kill you. I know I should be a good steward since I am the more
intelligent species and do the right thing, but hey I'm in charge so fuck
you. I squash you little piss ants.

My "religion club" also says that if other humans don't go along with my
beliefs, I will also, torture, mutilate and kill you. After all, you are not
on my level.

greg brown

Aug 15, 2009, 3:28:43 PM8/15/09

"Magic-MARK-er" <magic...@inAbox.com> wrote in message
>" bozak" <*****____b...@gmail.com____*****> wrote in

>> i just know i never saw a thread from you commenting on the
>> donte stallworth issue...
>>
>> it amazes me how so many people seem to be more upset over
>> dogs being killed than human beings...
>>

> No only you, are reading something more into this.
> I am no more (or less) upset over dogs being killed then I would
> be over people getting maimed, tortured, or killed by another
> person. Again, the issue I brought up here is Mike Vick. Not
> Stallworth, not Manson, not Richard Rameriz. Mike Vick.

I don't recall you starting any threads about any of the aforementioned or
the thousands killed in the Iraq war (and other wars around the world) or
any of the pour souls lost on America's streets every day. Nothing about
them, but Mike Vick motivates you to start a thread. Dude, you need to ask
yourself why Vick's crimes are the only ones that motivated you to start a
thread. This what I meant when I wrote "pop culture produce".

Greg

PeterL

Aug 15, 2009, 6:00:21 PM8/15/09
On Aug 15, 11:24 am, Terraholm <terraholmSPAM...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   bozak wrote:
> > greg brown wrote:
> >> " bozak" <*****____boz...@gmail.com____*****> wrote in message

He was convicted for being deeply involved in an interstate dog
fighting and gambling ring, and lying about his own involvement. It's
not just for killing dogs or fighting dogs.

Terraholm

Aug 15, 2009, 6:47:23 PM8/15/09

Which was the point of "The investigation normally would not have gone

Fred.

Aug 15, 2009, 7:27:50 PM8/15/09

The thing about Vick, for many of us, is not the dogs. It's the extended
period of planned cruelty. It wasn't an impulsive decision, or a
decision that was made under the haze of addiction. Those can be
regretted, and the influences that brought the people to those tragic
impulses could be addressed, corrected and kept from repeating.

Vick did this over a period of years, for ghastly sport and money. He
tortured dogs that did not fight. He went to the pound and got dogs that
weren't ever intended to fight, but were intended to be slaughtered by
the bigger, meaner fighting dogs that he kept, and for his
entertainment. Watching a little dog that was, at one time, someone's
family pet, get torn apart by another dog trained to kill was this man's
entertainment. He's football's Dick Cheney.

It's the extended period of depravity and cruelty that should disqualify
him from being a figure in the public eye, not the fact that the victims
were dogs.

--
-Fred

http://www.flickr.com/photos/freeloosedirt/

Magic-MARK-er

Aug 15, 2009, 8:52:37 PM8/15/09
"greg brown" <no...@way.com> wrote in

If that's directed at me... the only reason I started the
thread in the first place was to know how people would feel if
the Lakers hired a player who committed the crimes which Vick
had committed. The thread had nothing to do with other crimes
or other poor souls who are victims of the horrible killing
going on in the world. Of course it all bothers me as it all
bothers you and everyone else here. I believe it was Bozak who
was the first to go off on a tangent here. The point of the
post was to see how people would feel if Dr Buss hired someone
who had done the things that Vick did. Go back and read the
original post.

PeterL

Aug 16, 2009, 1:15:15 AM8/16/09
> that far nor with the feds coming in"-

And what was your point: "but likely Vick actually got more punishment
because of who he was and the publicity it generated"? I am saying he
got more punishment because it's not simply a dog fighting and killing
case, but an interstate gambling ring and his initial lying about it.

bozak

Aug 16, 2009, 1:24:21 AM8/16/09

yeah, just me... if you say so...

> I am no more (or less) upset over dogs being killed then I would
> be over people getting maimed, tortured, or killed by another
> person. Again, the issue I brought up here is Mike Vick.

exactly...

Not
> Stallworth, not Manson, not Richard Rameriz. Mike Vick.

yup...

You are
> the one who needs to use the crimes they committed as a
> measuring stick for Vick's crimes, which is not the issue here.
> The crimes Vick committed were premeditated, planned out in
> advance, and not in any form accidental.

who???

> Nobody ever said you were making this a black or white issue. So
> you don't need to get all defensive about it.

lol... yeah im getting defensive about this:

>> They all should have their balls cut
>> off. It's not a black issue, or a white issue, or a race
>> issue. It all goes to prove how screwed up things are in
>> this world we live in and how many times the penilty
>> doesn't fit the crime.

>You brought the

> race issue up, not me.

really, i was the one who stated this:

>> They all should have their balls cut
>> off. It's not a black issue, or a white issue, or a race
>> issue. It all goes to prove how screwed up things are in
>> this world we live in and how many times the penilty
>> doesn't fit the crime.

thats pretty weird, i thought you brought up race...
looks that way to me, but who knows, maybe somebody
else posted that for you...

> I used 3 examples to show how poorly our
> leagal system works at times and one just happened to be a black
> person. The other 2 examples were whites. It may seem to you
> that people are more upset over dogs being killed then they are
> over people getting killed, but they are no less upset.

i dont know about all people, but i know about you...

> The way many people look at this issue has a lot to do with
> their up-bringing, the part of the country they come from, and
> the moral values that their parents and families instill in
> them.

uh bullshit... i grew up in south central los angeles and my mother
never gave a shit if i watched guys fighting pits or not... but then
i guess someone who was brainwashed by their parents to believe
in jesus would think this way...

bozak

Aug 16, 2009, 1:29:01 AM8/16/09

are you fucking kidding??? people here cheered for the butcher of salt
lake, karl malone...

> The thread had nothing to do with other crimes
> or other poor souls who are victims of the horrible killing
> going on in the world. Of course it all bothers me as it all
> bothers you and everyone else here. I believe it was Bozak who
> was the first to go off on a tangent here. The point of the
> post was to see how people would feel if Dr Buss hired someone
> who had done the things that Vick did. Go back and read the
> original post.

its not going off on a tangent... you felt so strongly about it that
you didnt even label it off topic... you wanted to denigrate michael
vick, and thats what you did... you dont want him to be able to
play football anymore and make a living after he did time and
paid for his crimes...

bozak

Aug 16, 2009, 1:38:31 AM8/16/09

yeah we dont want people gambling now do we... i mean shit, unless
youre the fucking mob and have millions of suckers coming to vegas
or an indian reservation to do it...

if black people do it its an illegal interstate gambling ring... lol...

kinda like if bush told you to go kill innocent iraqi's its okay,
but let you decide to kill someone who you think needs to be killed,
then its a crime... :-)

Terraholm

Aug 16, 2009, 2:12:47 AM8/16/09

Not sure why this is so tough to decipher...

> I am saying he
> got more punishment because it's not simply a dog fighting and killing
> case, but an interstate gambling ring and his initial lying about it.

Because that stuff would likely have never come out if he was the usual
farm dude with fighting dogs. It would have been normally been
prosecuted locally with a slap on the wrist.
Instead with the publicity the feds showed up, the others rolled on Vick
and they were able to get him on the federal charges.

Magic-MARK-er

Aug 16, 2009, 3:42:07 AM8/16/09
" bozak" <*****____b...@gmail.com____*****> wrote in

You are a frigging nutbag if you can think Malone's rough play
on the basketball court compares in any way to the horrific
crimes Vick committed.

Magic-MARK-er

Aug 16, 2009, 3:48:40 AM8/16/09
" bozak" <*****____b...@gmail.com____*****> wrote in

Like i said before,,,

The way many people look at this issue has a lot to do with
their up-bringing, the part of the country they come from,

(or as you stated, the part of town they come from) and

the moral values that their parents and families instill in

them. Most concerned parents do care, and do not want their
children involved in any way with dog fighting. For that
matter, most parents do not went their children involved in
any kind of criminal activity.

lazu...@webtv.net

Aug 16, 2009, 4:13:12 AM8/16/09
Vick served his seasons in hell now it's time to move on. Football has
no interest to me, but what does kinda intrigue me is the psyche of pro
football players, as opposed to Baseball and basketball..it seems the
levels of girlfriend, spousal abuse, drunk driving, fights is many times
higher, which of course isn't surprising, but shows how unnatural the
sport is-the shoveling in of food daily, the endless
supplement/painkillers, having to be impervious to pain,along with the
inherent macho gladiator aspect, is a prescription for trouble... that
can't really be eliminated.

bozak

Aug 16, 2009, 8:04:13 AM8/16/09

uh no, just because you were fine cheering for a guy who is
willing to elbow people in the face with no regard for their
health doesnt mean other people are nutbags when they
compare violence... violence is violence...

malone couldve killed isiah thomas and david robinson with
his intentional elbows to the face, just because they didnt
die doesnt mean he isnt a violent miscreant... the fact that
he perpetually did this to players meant he was the dirtiest
scumbag to ever play the game, yet when he was traded to
the lakers people like you were fine with it...

again, i guess that just says again how much more dogs mean
to you than people... its okay for another human being to
cause an injury to the face that requires 50+ stitches, or knocks
a person out cold to the point they miss more than a week
of games...

but hey, because those guys werent fatally injured everything
is okay... :-)

bozak

Aug 16, 2009, 8:28:10 AM8/16/09

damn, youve been on a roll lately... another excellent point...

ive said this all along, it is a modern day gladiator sport that is totally
barbaric in nature and it nothing more than a clear act of bewilderment
for me when i see people losing their minds over what football players
do...

on every play in the game of football you have a guy trying to beat
down or knock out another guy... men using as much force as they
can use to bring a player down... look at the rate of injuries in football
compared to other team sports... you can put every other team sport
in the US together and it wont come close to the injury rate in football...

it is a barbaric game and you have to be seriously crazy to play it in
the first place... i love to watch the game, but i will never allow my
son to play it... i loved the game as a kid, but knew as i grew older
no matter how much i loved the game, it is a game that can instantly
leave you maimed for life...

shit even back in the day when i played in highschool guys where getting
shot up with all kinds of shit just so they could play on friday night...
i only played in my senior year in highschool and it was a total eye opener...

lets say you do have to be pretty dumb and have a total disregard for
your body, which i didnt, to keep playing the game of football... i never
cared about being macho so the game even though i loved it more than
any other sport just didnt make sense to me once i played it...

i can absolutely guarantee that my quality of life right now would
not be anywhere near what it is now had i played football three years
in highschool and another 4 years in college... and that isnt even talking
about playing pro ball... playing the game of football is like being in
multiple car wrecks every week...

what sane person would really want to subject themselves to that???

Gary Collard

Aug 17, 2009, 2:40:49 PM8/17/09
Magic-MARK-er wrote:
> So it was announced today that the Philadelphia Eagles have
> given Vick a two year contract. I personally hope the bastard
> falls on his ass and fails. Yeah I know that's a really strong
> statement. But I look at someone like Vick who tortures and
> kills defensless animals the same way I look at child molesters,
> rapists, sexual preditors, and anyome who abuses other human
> beings.

Abusing animals, children, and old people takes a particularly evil sort
of fuck, no doubt.

--
Gary Collard
SABR-L Moderator

"The worlds most famous community organizer is whining about
community organizing." -- Jonah Goldberg

Gary Collard

Aug 17, 2009, 2:47:39 PM8/17/09

Appalled

Dude has a right to make a living subject to the rulings of his league,
but he should also be shunned by society as he's doing so. His right to
work imposes no right to expect approval in the court of public opinion.

Gary Collard

Aug 17, 2009, 2:50:40 PM8/17/09

LOL, I think we've found the gold standard for stoopidity in ASBNLL
(sports-related topics) for 2009.

Gary Collard

Aug 17, 2009, 2:53:12 PM8/17/09

Well-stated, huge co-sign

Magic-MARK-er

Aug 18, 2009, 12:17:30 AM8/18/09
"Fred." <faux...@gmail.com> wrote in

Some people just don't get it Fred. You hit it right on the nose
and very well said. It is not just about the dogs. It's about a
very evil person and what he is capable of doing. Simple as
that.

$Bill

Aug 18, 2009, 2:56:55 PM8/18/09
Magic-MARK-er wrote:

> Some people just don't get it Fred. You hit it right on the nose
> and very well said. It is not just about the dogs. It's about a
> very evil person and what he is capable of doing. Simple as
> that.

I, for one, am willing to forgive and forget for the time being.
I don't know Vick personally, so I won't attempt to read his mind,
but there are cultures around the world where abusing animals for
the sport of man is an everyday thing (Mexico, Spain, Africa, etc).

If you're brought up that way, you may not know any better. I say if
he pays his penance and puts in his community service time, he has a
right to go back to work - I don't see this guy ever abusing another
animal in his lifetime unless there's some sort of way to get addicted
to that sort of behavior (which I doubt) - he may even end up saving a
lot of animals in the long run.

I just don't see the guy as inherently evil - misguided maybe, not
very empathetic, maybe not smart enough to know animals have feelings.

Swillabrew

Aug 18, 2009, 6:37:45 PM8/18/09
"$Bill" <ne...@SPAMOLAtodbe.com> wrote in message

That's bullshit, IMO at least, but is a popular take being pumped out via
sportstalk radio. There are all kinds of research that demonstrates those
who abuse animals are far more likely to also abuse people.

I don't give a shit what part of the country you're raised in, there is no
way a sane, functioning member of humanity kills dogs by drowning, hanging &
slamming them into the ground until they're dead. Even in countries where
they eat dogs they don't do that.

Of course, there will apparently be no criminal charges filed in the
horrific head-on collision involving the drunken mom, so it's pretty hard to
decide wtf is right or wrong anymore anyway.

Go Blazers !

$Bill

Aug 18, 2009, 9:13:33 PM8/18/09
Swillabrew wrote:

> That's bullshit, IMO at least, but is a popular take being pumped out via
> sportstalk radio. There are all kinds of research that demonstrates those
> who abuse animals are far more likely to also abuse people.
>
> I don't give a shit what part of the country you're raised in, there is no
> way a sane, functioning member of humanity kills dogs by drowning, hanging &
> slamming them into the ground until they're dead. Even in countries where
> they eat dogs they don't do that.
>
> Of course, there will apparently be no criminal charges filed in the
> horrific head-on collision involving the drunken mom, so it's pretty hard to
> decide wtf is right or wrong anymore anyway.

Well, just remember there are people out there that think it's man's
right to do what he wants with the environment (and that includes
what they perceive to be lower life forms). Most people have parents
that don't condone that - some don't. I'm not about to assume I
know anything about this guys upbringing or why he did what he did,
but I'm also not going to assume he's 'evil' either and can't be
rehabilitated. So I'll just pass on making judgment if that's OK.

bozak

Aug 19, 2009, 1:44:06 AM8/19/09
Swillabrew wrote:
> "$Bill" <ne...@SPAMOLAtodbe.com> wrote in message
>> Magic-MARK-er wrote:
>>>
>>> Some people just don't get it Fred. You hit it right on the nose and very
>>> well said. It is not just about the dogs. It's about a very evil person
>>> and what he is capable of doing. Simple as that.
>>
>> I, for one, am willing to forgive and forget for the time being.
>> I don't know Vick personally, so I won't attempt to read his mind,
>> but there are cultures around the world where abusing animals for
>> the sport of man is an everyday thing (Mexico, Spain, Africa, etc).
>>
>> If you're brought up that way, you may not know any better. I say if
>> he pays his penance and puts in his community service time, he has a
>> right to go back to work - I don't see this guy ever abusing another
>> animal in his lifetime unless there's some sort of way to get addicted
>> to that sort of behavior (which I doubt) - he may even end up saving a
>> lot of animals in the long run.
>>
>> I just don't see the guy as inherently evil - misguided maybe, not
>> very empathetic, maybe not smart enough to know animals have feelings.
>
> That's bullshit, IMO at least, but is a popular take being pumped out via
> sportstalk radio. There are all kinds of research that demonstrates those
> who abuse animals are far more likely to also abuse people.

maybe so, but it aint bullshit... people have been fighting dogs
forever, especially in the hood... i always thought it was cruel and
inhumane... but there were people raised on it just like people are
raised on fighting chickens, or hunting... i dont care for either of the
last two either... but to say its bullshit is to not have lived the in
a culture that has bathed in violence since coming to this country...
take the sixties for instance when bigotted whites would sick dogs
on human beings... not that far from sicking dogs on each other when
youve had them sicked on you... its an ugly part of a culture, that
has been around for years just like bigotry... do you think people just
all of a sudden say, hey i want to fight dogs to the death??? fighting
dogs aint no serial killer shit, its learned and accepted or not
accepted... it is also apart of being cool and tough...

shit i watch a lot of you talking about dogs being killed and
i have a really hard time taking some of you seriously... i grew up
in a place where people were killing each other over the dumbest
shit... i stood next to 5 people before the time i was 17 who had
been killed standing right next to me or where in the immediate
vicinity of where i was... and btw, the people who killed these
guys are the type who would fight dogs...

the culture i grew up in was born into violence, and much
of the time there was nothing anyone could do about it
other than move away... so yes, pitbull fighting is still going
on in the hood and nothing has hardly changed... young black
and brown kids are still killing each other in the hood and
to see all this "BULLSHIT" brought on because some fucking
dogs got killed is really kinda hard for me to fathom... i
actually look at the amount of publicity spent on dogs
being killed and wonder where is all the publicity for the
young kids killing each other on a daily basis...

oh well, i guess kids in the hood aint all warm and fuzzy,
so they dont deserve the kind of publicity michael vick
got because some dogs got killed... had it not been
micheal vick they probably wouldnt have gotten any
time, gambling or not... shit, ive watched the police in
los angeles do absolutely nothing while dogs were being
fought...

i do feel sorry for the dogs that get fought and die
in the name of bloodsport for humans, but i also feel
the same way about animals who get shot for sport
by fuckheads from a helicopter like sarah palin too...
oh wait, shes white and republikkkon so shooting dogs
from a helicopter indigenous to the land is okay, so we
better not make that big of a fuss about that...

pfffffffffffffttttt...

> I don't give a shit what part of the country you're raised in, there is no
> way a sane, functioning member of humanity kills dogs by drowning, hanging &
> slamming them into the ground until they're dead. Even in countries where
> they eat dogs they don't do that.

im guessing your putting to much on it...

> Of course, there will apparently be no criminal charges filed in the
> horrific head-on collision involving the drunken mom, so it's pretty hard to
> decide wtf is right or wrong anymore anyway.

guess not being a black uppitty negro qb worked out in her favor...

skep...@aol.com

Aug 19, 2009, 2:37:53 AM8/19/09
On Aug 18, 10:44 pm, " bozak"
<*****____boz...@gmail.com____*****> wrote:
> Swillabrew wrote:
> > "$Bill" <n...@SPAMOLAtodbe.com> wrote in message
> guess not being a black uppitty negro qb worked out in her favor...- Hide quoted text -

Good point about Sarah Palin. Our Masters give out medals for shooting
people where they live in Iraq or Afghanistan, so the Upper Class can
take their stuff, or police in the US are 'heroes' for harming and
murdering Black and Brown people in the hood.

bozak

Aug 20, 2009, 2:01:05 PM8/20/09

500 teens killed in Chicago war zone this year
The Daily Voice - Wendy L. Wilson - ?Aug 7, 2009?
COM: Over 500 schoolchildren in Chicago were shot and at least 36 died during the last school year. You mentioned before that kids
in Chicago feel hopeless ...

this is just one city... if you count LA, philly, miami, jacksonville, atlanta, detroit,
oakland, houston, dayton, cinncinati, cleveland, st. louis, and who knows how many
other towns you have an epidemic in the thousands of young black and brown kids
being killed every year...

yet people have been going nuts for the last two years over michael vick and his
dogs...

people in this country seriously got shit real mixed... either dogs are more important
than kids, or something is terribly wrong with the citizens of this country...

skep...@aol.com

Aug 20, 2009, 2:44:28 PM8/20/09
On Aug 20, 11:01 am, " bozak"

<*****____boz...@gmail.com____*****> wrote:
>  bozak wrote:
> > Swillabrew wrote:
> >> "$Bill" <n...@SPAMOLAtodbe.com> wrote in message
> ***************************************************************************­******************

> this is just one city... if you count LA, philly, miami, jacksonville, atlanta, detroit,
> oakland, houston, dayton, cinncinati, cleveland, st. louis, and who knows how many
> other towns you have an epidemic in the thousands of young black and brown kids
> being killed every year...
>
> yet people have been going nuts for the last two years over michael vick and his
> dogs...
>
> people in this country seriously got shit real mixed... either dogs are more important
> than kids, or something is terribly wrong with the citizens of this country...- Hide quoted text -

Coldcock Cable would be in real trouble if he had punched a dog...

mattmatical

Aug 20, 2009, 10:38:04 PM8/20/09
>500 teens killed in Chicago war zone this year

>COM: Over 500 schoolchildren in Chicago were shot and at least 36 died during the last school year.

What is it now, 500 or 36?

Matt

bozak

Aug 20, 2009, 11:26:54 PM8/20/09

chi trib puts it at 42 killed 605 shot and the year isnt over yet...