ot republikkkon screw up = terror alert

bozak

Aug 8, 2004, 6:17:41 PM8/8/04
Playing Politics With Terror Warnings
August 6, 2004 | Permanent Link
Many thanks to some diligent researchers from the Democratic Underground
website for digging up this information. It leaves little doubt that there
is indeed a direct correlation between news that is unfavorable to the Bush
administration and the bogus terror alerts that have been issued over the
last few years.

So here is the compiled evidence:

Last week of October, 2001: A wealthy Saudi businessman who lives and works
in the U.S., with many ties to important American businessmen is found to
have funneled money to terror organizations.

October 29, 2001: Terror alert. F.B.I. and Tom Ridge cite no specific
evidence for basis of alert.

First week of December, 2001: Enron bankruptcy plastered all over the news.
Ken Lay's close ties to Bush spotlighted.

December 3, 2001: Tom Ridge announces a general alert, with no specific
information concerning who, what, where or when an attack may occur.

September 9, 2002: While the administration was putting on a media blitz to
make a case for going to war in Iraq, a New York Times/CBS poll shows that
64% of Americans believe that the government had failed to adequately
explain it's position on Iraq, and why military action was needed. During
this week, Condoleeza Rice, Colin Powell and Dick Cheney all made the Sunday
morning talk show rounds trying to make a case. On September 8, Cheney
made the famously erroneous assertion that the administration knew with
absolute certainty that Saddam Hussein was attempting to procure aluminum
tubes needed to enrich uranium, in order to build nuclear weapons.

February 6, 2003: Colin Powell gave an unconvincing performance at the
United Nations, as he tried to make a case to the world for going to war
against Iraq. Chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix summarily dismissed
Powell's testimony, creating a credibility problem with the administration's
case for war.

February 7, 2003: Orange terror alert was issued by DHS on general
information, throwing Powell's poor performance the previous day off of the
front pages of major newspapers.

March 17, 2003: Terror warning by DHS, citing possible multiple attacks by
al-Qaeda, in retaliation for the eminent invasion of Iraq. The president
addressed the nation this same evening, issuing a 48 hour ultimatum for
Saddam Hussein to leave Iraq, or else. As we know now, Saddam had no links
to al-Qaeda and did not want them operating in Iraq.

May 19, 2003: The Jessica Lynch story is proven to have more holes in it
than Swiss cheese, and DHS is taken to task for being used inappropriately
for tracking down Texas Democrats who fled the state to keep Republicans
from re-districting the state for the benefit of the Republican party.

May 20, 2003: DHS issues terror alert, again citing no credible specific
information.

The month of December, 2003: Numerous news stories, unflattering to the
administration covered the front pages of major newspapers and media
outlets. On December 12, Halliburton was found to have overcharged the army
by $61 million for gasoline delivered to the citizens of Iraq. On December
17, Thomas Kean, co-chair of the 9/11 commission declared that the 9/11
attacks could have been prevented. On December 20, there were widespread
reports that the American version of Saddam Hussein's capture was pure
fiction. Sources said it was a betrayal by a Tikrit family whose daughter
was raped by Saddam's son Uday to Kurdish forces, who then found Saddam,
captured him, drugged him, and then handed him over to U.S. forces. On
December 19, a federal appeals court ruled against the administration, in a
case pertaining to detainees rights to legal counsel.

December 21, 2003: Another terror alert was issued, citing possible attacks
for the holidays. Again, no credible information prompted the alert.

July 6, 2004: John Edwards announced as John Kerry's running mate.
Announcement was met with widespread approval. A lot of positive press
coverage.

July 8, 2004: Tom Ridge announces that U.S. elections could be a target.

Late July, 2004: The news is dominated by the Democratic convention. John
Kerry gets bounce from the convention and inches ahead in the polls.

August 1, 2004: Tom Ridge announces that there is specific information on a
possible attack on certain U.S. financial institutions. Information is
later found to be more than three years old.

And in between these alerts were alerts to the American people, with the
government warning us to be on the lookout for people carrying Farmers
Almanacs, suspicious people carrying beer coolers, and scuba divers.

All of these alerts are a mystery to Americans. There is nothing we can do
with such information. They have served no purpose, other than to throw
unfounded fear into Americans. Now it appears as though there is a second
purpose - that of the administration changing unpleasant and embarrassing
topics of conversation among the American people.

Joe Fields

VicXnews

Aug 8, 2004, 6:26:54 PM8/8/04
" bozak" <bo...@mail.com> wrote in

To use Phil Jacksons term....the resluglicans are lower the whale turds

--
Memo to Bush may have led to torture
http://snipurl.com/88sg

We are not torturing them, we are engaging them in a new paradigm...and
believe me...You do not want the new paradigm wrapped around your nuts.
Jon Stewart,The Daily Show

http://video.lisarein.com/dailyshow/june2004/06-21-04-shrub-lies.mov

Dave Zero

Aug 8, 2004, 11:32:02 PM8/8/04
bozak <bo...@mail.com> wrote:
> Playing Politics With Terror Warnings

I say we ought to ditch the colored terror warnings and set the alert
level to pure black - as in "We're not telling you shit." ;)

--
Dave Zero

"And I don't care about making an ass out of myself because most people
already realize I am one." - Dr. Kary B. Mullis

"I criticize by creation" - Cicero

"I'm not here to make people happy. I prefer to piss people off." - Liam
Gallagher

Fred

Aug 9, 2004, 1:53:47 PM8/9/04

" bozak" <bo...@mail.com> wrote in message

Here's a link for a graph of various polls measuring Bush's approval rating
and the terror alerts plotted along with them.

note that alerts become more common and the ratings plummet.

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/7638/aproval_vs_alert_chart.gif

Johnny

Aug 9, 2004, 2:57:35 PM8/9/04
Fred wrote:

> " bozak" <bo...@mail.com> wrote in message
>
> Here's a link for a graph of various polls measuring Bush's approval rating
> and the terror alerts plotted along with them.
>

> note that alerts become more common as the ratings plummet.
>
> http://img69.exs.cx/img69/7638/aproval_vs_alert_chart.gif

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" -Chicken Little

Johnny <Never take counsel of your fears>

VicXnews

Aug 9, 2004, 3:06:04 PM8/9/04
"Fred" <freelo...@gmail.com> wrote in news:LSORc.2672$uf2.892
@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

> http://img69.exs.cx/img69/7638/aproval_vs_alert_chart.gif

I have a glossy of that chart hanging over my desk ay work

--
If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that
matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen
somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between
medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my
grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without
benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties.
It's that fundamental belief-I am my brother's keeper, I am my sisters'
keeper-that makes this country work. It's what allows us to pursue our
individual dreams, yet still come together as a single American family.
"E pluribus unum." Out of many, one.
Barack Obama
---------
Politicians will stretch the truth. They'll exaggerate their
accomplishments, paper over their gaffes. Spin has long been the lingua
franca of the political realm. But George W. Bush and his administration
have taken "normal" mendacity to a startling new level far beyond lies of
convenience. On top of the usual massaging of public perception, they
traffic in big lies, indulge in any number of symptomatic small lies, and,
ultimately, have come to embody dishonesty itself. They are a lie. And
people, finally, have started catching on.
Ron Reagan