(ot) the falling of a president...

bozak

Jan 27, 2001, 2:36:43 AM1/27/01
tell me you saw that tonight... clinton attempting to play with his dog falls
on his back... of course the news station i watch had to play it over and
over again... :-)

Windom Earle

Jan 27, 2001, 5:19:01 AM1/27/01

"bozak" <bo...@onebox.com> wrote in message

I saw it. The only way it could have been funnier is if the asshole had
broke his neck.

-Windom Earle

Lawrence

Jan 27, 2001, 10:38:17 AM1/27/01
I'm pretty sure that's a position he's been in many times before with
many "dogs" -- let's see, Monica, Paula, Juanita, Gennifer, ...

--
Lawrence

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teenage boys."
- P.J. O'Rourke

bozak

Jan 27, 2001, 10:28:04 PM1/27/01

"Windom Earle" <gahn_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

man you are need of a hug... ;-)
relax, he isnt president anymore...
dumya is here to save the world...
but who will save us from the presidunce???

Lawrence

Jan 27, 2001, 11:41:10 PM1/27/01
Well, let's see, W has a Harvard MBA, flew jet fighters in the National
Guard, and never claimed to have invented the internet, never claimed to
have started the National Petroleum Reserve, never called for the
abolishment of the internal combustion engine, and never claimed to have
been the inspiration for the characters in "Love Story."

Gore flunked out of divinity school, didn't finish law school, couldn't
identify a statue of George Washington at Monticello prior to Slick Willie's
first inauguration, and DID claim or advocate all of the above things. Real
brain trust, there.

W is the President of the United States of America.

Gore is a professor of journalism (?) at Columbia. (No wonder the press
is so fair and unbiased.) 'Nuff said.

--
Lawrence

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teenage boys."
- P.J. O'Rourke

" bozak" <bo...@onebox.com> wrote in message

irishman

Jan 28, 2001, 12:21:37 AM1/28/01
In article <fUuc6.12479$k%3.45...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,

when he was here at a campaign stop in '92, he played softball for the
media and this little kid ripped a ball that beaned him and then floored
him. the candidate clinton was on his back. so this really brings back
memories.

bozak

Jan 28, 2001, 4:10:23 AM1/28/01

"Lawrence" <lstr...@nospamjuno.com> wrote in message

> Well, let's see, W has a Harvard MBA, flew jet fighters in the National
> Guard, and never claimed to have invented the internet, never claimed to
> have started the National Petroleum Reserve, never called for the
> abolishment of the internal combustion engine, and never claimed to have
> been the inspiration for the characters in "Love Story."
>
> Gore flunked out of divinity school, didn't finish law school, couldn't
> identify a statue of George Washington at Monticello prior to Slick Willie's
> first inauguration, and DID claim or advocate all of the above things. Real
> brain trust, there.
>
> W is the President of the United States of America.
>
> Gore is a professor of journalism (?) at Columbia. (No wonder the press
> is so fair and unbiased.) 'Nuff said.

well arent you the unbiased republican spinmeister...
uhhhh all i can say is uhhh uhhhhh uhhhhh, STRATEGERY...
:-)

SK

Jan 28, 2001, 4:45:41 AM1/28/01
W is also the candidate who won despite the fact that more voters
cast their vote for Gore than him. Face the fact: George W. Bush
had less popular vote than Gore, and only won because his brother
Jeb is the governor of Florida.

And as for W's Harvard education. For someone like Bush, with his
dad in the high place, he could go anywhere he wants to go.

Btw, I read somewhere that, after W had his DWI back in '71 (I
think), his pilot license is supposed to have been revoke (due to
the violation). But he held on to it, anyway. I wonder why...?

Windom Earle

Jan 28, 2001, 6:46:32 AM1/28/01

"SK" <st_...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> W is also the candidate who won despite the fact that more voters
> cast their vote for Gore than him. Face the fact: George W. Bush
> had less popular vote than Gore, and only won because his brother
> Jeb is the governor of Florida.

Here's a clue for you son. The popular vote doesn't equate winning the
election. It's the electoral vote stupid!

> And as for W's Harvard education. For someone like Bush, with his
> dad in the high place, he could go anywhere he wants to go.

You're not very smart are you? Gore's dad was a very popular, influential
politician. The Gore name has(d) plenty of clout.

> Btw, I read somewhere that, after W had his DWI back in '71 (I
> think), his pilot license is supposed to have been revoke (due to
> the violation). But he held on to it, anyway. I wonder why...?

Didn't a Kennedy kill a woman? *waits for 'which Kennedy?'*

-Windom Earle

Windom Earle

Jan 28, 2001, 6:52:06 AM1/28/01

" bozak" <bo...@onebox.com> wrote in message

I can't relax. I hate that guy with a passion. Hell I kind of liked Gore,
but he was tainted by the Clinton stench.
How about giving W a chance? As much as I disliked Clinton there were times
when I gave him props and was behind him.

-Windom Earle

Rick

Jan 28, 2001, 12:05:18 PM1/28/01
<< st_...@ix.netcom.com >>

wrote

<< George W. Bush
had less popular vote than Gore >>

I'm beginning to agree. We should just have SoCal and NY City choose our
leaders from now on.

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 2:08:59 PM1/28/01
In article <GpNc6.1846$2t5.1...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
lstr...@nospamjuno.com says...

> Well, let's see, W has a Harvard MBA, flew jet fighters in the National
>Guard,

You're kidding right? Saddam was AWOL for most of his stint in the NG.

[snip]

After all this time this is the best you can come up with? The same tired
rhetoric? And do you really mean that after all this time you still think Gore
said "I invented the internet"?

And after all this time you still don't know that the very first appropriations
bill that established actual funding for the strategic petroleum reserve does
in fact have Gore's signature on it?

If there are still people this woefully uninformed, it's no wonder the SCROTUS
was able to hoodwink the country.
--
Branden Wolner
dewey...@netzero.net

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 2:12:01 PM1/28/01
> Well, let's see, W has a Harvard MBA, flew jet fighters in the National
>Guard, and never claimed to have invented the internet, never claimed to
>have started the National Petroleum Reserve, never called for the
>abolishment of the internal combustion engine, and never claimed to have
>been the inspiration for the characters in "Love Story."

Gore never claimed to be a former alcoholic and then got videotaped drunk off
his ass at a wedding. Gore actually went to Vietnam instead of spending a
national guard tour drunk off his ass. And most of all, Gore didn't need 5
activist judges of the Supreme court to help him steal the election - he won it
by getting more votes - both nationally and in Florida.

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 2:18:00 PM1/28/01
In article <sETc6.2726$2t5.2...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
gahn_...@hotmail.com says...

>"SK" <st_...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> W is also the candidate who won despite the fact that more voters
>> cast their vote for Gore than him. Face the fact: George W. Bush
>> had less popular vote than Gore, and only won because his brother
>> Jeb is the governor of Florida.
>
>Here's a clue for you son. The popular vote doesn't equate winning the
>election. It's the electoral vote stupid!

Jeb Bush rigged the vote in Florida "stupid" - and even so Gore got more votes
and Saddam needed his Junta on the Supreme-ly Biased Court to stop the
counting.

>> And as for W's Harvard education. For someone like Bush, with his
>> dad in the high place, he could go anywhere he wants to go.
>
>You're not very smart are you? Gore's dad was a very popular, influential
>politician. The Gore name has(d) plenty of clout.

This whole "education" thing is somewhat irrelevant. I know a Harvard and Johns
Hopkins trained doctor. I wouldn't let him prescribe aspirin for me. He's a
moron. OTOH, I know another doctor who got his degree in the Bahamas. He is an
excellent physician who just got a large grant from the government to conduct
Alzheimers research. Go figure.

>> Btw, I read somewhere that, after W had his DWI back in '71 (I
>> think), his pilot license is supposed to have been revoke (due to
>> the violation). But he held on to it, anyway. I wonder why...?
>>

>Didn't a Kennedy kill a woman? *waits for 'which Kennedy?'*

Typical - cannot adress the real issues at hand so you bring up something
completely irrelevant.

BTW, there's a rumor going around the internet that, during his Yale days, Bush
and some cronies gang-raped a female student and that Saddam Sr. had the story
swept under the carpet. The story says that the woman was bought off with
extremely large sums of money.

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 2:18:49 PM1/28/01
In article <20010128120518...@ng-xc1.aol.com>,
casab...@aol.comblock says...

If it means keeping a lying sack of shit like Bush out of the White House then
I am all for it. And I don't live in either of those places.

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 2:24:23 PM1/28/01
In article <GJTc6.2731$2t5.2...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
gahn_...@hotmail.com says...

>" bozak" <bo...@onebox.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Windom Earle" <gahn_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "bozak" <bo...@onebox.com> wrote in message
>dog
>> > falls
>> and
>> > >

>> > I saw it. The only way it could have been funnier is if the asshole had
>> > broke his neck.
>>
>> man you are need of a hug... ;-)
>> relax, he isnt president anymore...
>> dumya is here to save the world...
>> but who will save us from the presidunce???
>>

>I can't relax. I hate that guy with a passion. Hell I kind of liked Gore,
>but he was tainted by the Clinton stench.

"Tainted by the Clinton stench"? You might as well just say that you are
programmed by Rush Limbaugh. Are you even aware that Gore was just as
"bothered" by Clinton's escapades as most republicans?

>How about giving W a chance? As much as I disliked Clinton there were times
>when I gave him props and was behind him.

Bush has blown it already. He's already on the road to repealing Roe v. Wade.
He wants to bring the Church into the White House and give the Church huge
federal subsidies to help them essentially take over medicare and social
security. He has nominated a person who has spent their career doing everything
they can to help the polluters as Interior Secretary. He has nominated an
arch-conservative who would be right at home at a Salem witch trial as AG.

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 2:25:13 PM1/28/01
In article <JXBc6.5074$OR1.5...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
lstr...@nospamjuno.com says...

> I'm pretty sure that's a position he's been in many times before with
>many "dogs" -- let's see, Monica, Paula, Juanita, Gennifer, ...

Hillary? BTW, Laura Bush ain't no looker herself.

Lawrence

Terraholm

Jan 28, 2001, 2:28:50 PM1/28/01

"Branden Wolner" <dewe...@netzero.net> wrote in message

> In article <20010128120518...@ng-xc1.aol.com>,
> casab...@aol.comblock says...
> >

> ><< st_...@ix.netcom.com >>
> >
> >wrote
> >
> ><< George W. Bush
> >had less popular vote than Gore >>
> >

> >I'm beginning to agree. We should just have SoCal and NY City choose our
> >leaders from now on.
>
> If it means keeping a lying sack of shit like Bush out of the White House
then
> I am all for it. And I don't live in either of those places.

Oh no, their votes should count less because of where they live....=)

Maybe the repubs can change the laws back so only white male landowners can
vote....

--
Laurel T
"If you can't say anything nice, sit next to me."

Lawrence

Jan 28, 2001, 2:31:00 PM1/28/01
Actually, W won because he won the electoral college vote. That's the way
we do it in America. And, as far as the Florida vote goes, every story that
comes out of there where a newspaper has counted the ballots says that W
gains even MORE votes. Whose fault is it that Gore supporters are too
stupid to voter properly? Blame the public schools, if you want. They're
another fine example of liberalism at work. Get over it, or move to Cuba
with Alec Baldwin.

Yeah, Gore's father, you know, the SENATOR, certainly had nothing to do with
keeping li'l Al out of trouble or landing him his "correspondents" job in
Vietnam (complete with bodyguard, I might add.)

--
Lawrence

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teenage boys."
- P.J. O'Rourke

"SK" <st_...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Lawrence

Jan 28, 2001, 2:33:50 PM1/28/01
Well, only the L.A. part of So Cal voted for Gore. San Diego and Orange
County voted for W. In fact, Orange County was the largest win for W of any
county in America.

But I agree with your point. If you look at the county by county
results, in even the states Gore won, he didn't come close to winning all
the counties. His support comes from urban areas almost exclusively.

--
Lawrence

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teenage boys."
- P.J. O'Rourke

"Rick" <casab...@aol.comblock> wrote in message

Lawrence

Jan 28, 2001, 2:35:44 PM1/28/01
Oh, that's rich! After 8 years of Clinton and the candidate who invented
the internet and who gave us the "no controlling legal authority" defense,
you call W a liar. If W tells the truth every once in awhile he'll be miles
better in the truth department than Gore ever would.

--
Lawrence

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teenage boys."
- P.J. O'Rourke

Lawrence

Jan 28, 2001, 2:40:05 PM1/28/01
Having your signature on the bill may be able, in Algore's little world, to
be transformed into "starting" the petroleum reserve, but it was proposed
BEFORE he was elected.

As far as the United States Supreme Court goes, 7 justices agreed that the
hacks on the Florida Supreme Court had come up with an unconstitutional
scheme for counting the votes. And, if you're scoring at home, the Florida
Supreme Court's record in that whole fiasco was 2-16. If the Republicans
control the Supreme Court, why hasn't Roe v. Wade been overturned. Just
because you don't like the outcome does not mean that it's wrong. I'm an
attorney and read judicial opinions for a living and the Florida Supreme
Court is the one that's a joke.

--
Lawrence

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teenage boys."
- P.J. O'Rourke

"Branden Wolner" <dewe...@netzero.net> wrote in message

Lawrence

Jan 28, 2001, 2:42:12 PM1/28/01
Yeah, Gore went to Vietnam with a "bodyguard" and wrote articles. And he
relied on 7 Democrat hacks on the Florida Supreme Court to give him the ONLY
judicial victories he got in that whole mess. Even the Democrat circuit
judges in Florida ruled against he and the "great" David Boies.

If I survived 8 years of Clinton, you can survive W. Get over it.

--
Lawrence

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teenage boys."
- P.J. O'Rourke

"Branden Wolner" <dewe...@netzero.net> wrote in message

Lawrence

Jan 28, 2001, 2:44:52 PM1/28/01
A reasonable enough suggestion certain to be trashed by the left-wingers. I
voted for W but he wasn't my first choice for Republican candidate (Keyes).
I've been pleasantly surprised by W so far.

W's even has Mr. "Blonde in the Pond" Teddy Kennedy changing his tune on the
education thing. That's an achievement in itself.

--
Lawrence

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teenage boys."
- P.J. O'Rourke

"Windom Earle" <gahn_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Jeff Mayner

Jan 28, 2001, 4:04:37 PM1/28/01

"Rick" <casab...@aol.comblock> wrote in message

Best idea I've heard today!
Way to go, Rick.

Jeff

SK

Jan 28, 2001, 4:26:30 PM1/28/01
Windom Earle wrote:

> "SK" <st_...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > W is also the candidate who won despite the fact that more voters
> > cast their vote for Gore than him. Face the fact: George W. Bush
> > had less popular vote than Gore, and only won because his brother
> > Jeb is the governor of Florida.
>
> Here's a clue for you son. The popular vote doesn't equate winning the
> election. It's the electoral vote stupid!

D'oh! How stupid of me to assume that popular votes elect a
president in a democracy? <sarcasm> The deal is not that W got
more electoral votes than Gore (Supreme Court and Florida took
care of that for him); it is the fact that *more* American votes
voted for Gore than Bush. What does *this* said about W's supposed
mandate as commander-in-chief?

> > And as for W's Harvard education. For someone like Bush, with his
> > dad in the high place, he could go anywhere he wants to go.
>
> You're not very smart are you? Gore's dad was a very popular, influential
> politician. The Gore name has(d) plenty of clout.

I never said that Gore did not benefit from his dad's clout.
However, to use W's Harvard education background as a proof of his
intelligence is what irk me. This is why I brought it up (btw, you
obviously agreed that having an influential father does affect
whether one could advance in the higher education ladder).

> > Btw, I read somewhere that, after W had his DWI back in '71 (I
> > think), his pilot license is supposed to have been revoke (due to
> > the violation). But he held on to it, anyway. I wonder why...?
> >

> Didn't a Kennedy kill a woman? *waits for 'which Kennedy?'*

Then I guess you also believe in the validity of the story. Btw,
that "Kennedy" is not the president, but guess who is?

> -Windom Earle

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 5:09:24 PM1/28/01
In article <oC_c6.3804$2t5.3...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
lstr...@nospamjuno.com says...

>Yeah, Gore went to Vietnam with a "bodyguard" and wrote articles. And he
>relied on 7 Democrat hacks on the Florida Supreme Court to give him the ONLY
>judicial victories he got in that whole mess. Even the Democrat circuit
>judges in Florida ruled against he and the "great" David Boies.

There should never have been any court involvement in the first place. Don't
you think it a tad hypocritical that Saddam "I don't want this to end up in the
courts" Bush filed not only the first but *every* court proceding (discounting
those filed by outside parties).

You also conveniently ignore my point about Saddam going AWOL on TANG. Do you
really think it is worse that Gore actually went to Vietnam, but only as a
journalist (I believe he was a *photographer* - not a writer), than it is that
Saddam sat home and boozed up?

>If I survived 8 years of Clinton, you can survive W. Get over it.

Gee whiz - tough life - you "survived" 8 years of booming economy. That's real
hard to do.

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 5:10:06 PM1/28/01
In article <Sp_c6.291869$IP1.9...@news1.giganews.com>,
lau...@NoSpamNBAMail.org says...

>"Branden Wolner" <dewe...@netzero.net> wrote in message
>> In article <20010128120518...@ng-xc1.aol.com>,
>> casab...@aol.comblock says...
>> >

>> ><< st_...@ix.netcom.com >>
>> >
>> >wrote
>> >
>> ><< George W. Bush
>> >had less popular vote than Gore >>
>> >

>> >I'm beginning to agree. We should just have SoCal and NY City choose our
>> >leaders from now on.
>>
>> If it means keeping a lying sack of shit like Bush out of the White House
>then
>> I am all for it. And I don't live in either of those places.
>
>Oh no, their votes should count less because of where they live....=)
>
>Maybe the repubs can change the laws back so only white male landowners can
>vote....

Isn't this what it says in the constitution. Isn't this what the "framers"
wanted.

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 5:12:52 PM1/28/01
In article <kw_c6.3781$2t5.3...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
lstr...@nospamjuno.com says...

>Oh, that's rich! After 8 years of Clinton and the candidate who invented
>the internet

Um - you are you and where are you from? Do they have nothing but Rush Limbaug
where you live? Do you read newspapers? Watch TV news? Or do you live in a
bubble with nothing but Rush 24/7?

"I invented the internet" - the biggest lie *BUSH* told.

and who gave us the "no controlling legal authority" defense,
>you call W a liar. If W tells the truth every once in awhile he'll be miles
>better in the truth department than Gore ever would.

If Saddam told the truth once, it would be the first time.

"I quit drinking in 1988"
"I want to build a consensus in washington"
"I served in the Texas Air National Guard"
"I won the election"

Not a shred of truth to be seen.

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 5:13:59 PM1/28/01
In article <%n_c6.3741$2t5.3...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
lstr...@nospamjuno.com says...

>I know it's difficult, but try not to confuse the shiny pictures on the TV
>with real life.

This from a person who has, on at least 3 occasions today, continued to spew
the misconception that Gore ever actually said "I invented the internet."

Good job Rush.

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 5:16:55 PM1/28/01
In article <Ur_c6.3761$2t5.3...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
lstr...@nospamjuno.com says...

>Actually, W won because he won the electoral college vote.

Actually we don't know who really won the electoral college vote. 5
hyper-partisan justices on the supreme court decided to cut short the recounts
that Saddam "I trust people" so desparately feared.

That's the way
>we do it in America.

Yep - can't win it fair and square? Then cheat.

And, as far as the Florida vote goes, every story that
>comes out of there where a newspaper has counted the ballots says that W
>gains even MORE votes.

Not one single such story exists.

Whose fault is it that Gore supporters are too
>stupid to voter properly? Blame the public schools, if you want. They're
>another fine example of liberalism at work. Get over it, or move to Cuba
>with Alec Baldwin.

Classin "incloosive" ideology. Don't like the way we do things - screw you.

>Yeah, Gore's father, you know, the SENATOR, certainly had nothing to do with
>keeping li'l Al out of trouble or landing him his "correspondents" job in
>Vietnam (complete with bodyguard, I might add.)

At least Gore went. Saddam's daddy got him into the Air NG and he couldn't even
be bothered to be sober enough to show up.

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 5:19:31 PM1/28/01
In article <yu_c6.3772$2t5.3...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
lstr...@nospamjuno.com says...

> Well, only the L.A. part of So Cal voted for Gore. San Diego and Orange
>County voted for W. In fact, Orange County was the largest win for W of any
>county in America.
>
> But I agree with your point. If you look at the county by county
>results, in even the states Gore won, he didn't come close to winning all
>the counties. His support comes from urban areas almost exclusively.

Gee - isn't it amazing that in the year 2000, for the first time in our
history, we had more people living in cities than in rural areas. More people
live in cities - more people voted for Gore. But hell, for that minority that
still lives in rural america and thinks it's "cool" to screw their sisters
(although they'd be damned if they'd abort their inbred progeny), hell, just
for them let's not actually count all the votes and just let the Supreme Court
annoint the president.

Branden Wolner

Jan 28, 2001, 5:25:28 PM1/28/01
In article <pA_c6.3797$2t5.3...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
lstr...@nospamjuno.com says...

>Having your signature on the bill may be able, in Algore's little world, to
>be transformed into "starting" the petroleum reserve, but it was proposed
>BEFORE he was elected.

His quote was the he signed the legislation that established the reserve.
Without the funding bill that Gore actually did sign, there would be no
reserve. He never claimed to have "proposed" the idea. He claimed to have
helped pass the legislation that initiated the funding. Too bad for you that
this is exactly what he did. But you can go ahead and continue to believe the
lies that Rush and the repubs have fed you. I realize that thinking and
learning the truth are tough. Blame the public schools.

>As far as the United States Supreme Court goes, 7 justices agreed that the
>hacks on the Florida Supreme Court had come up with an unconstitutional
>scheme for counting the votes. And, if you're scoring at home, the Florida
>Supreme Court's record in that whole fiasco was 2-16. If the Republicans
>control the Supreme Court, why hasn't Roe v. Wade been overturned. Just
>because you don't like the outcome does not mean that it's wrong. I'm an
>attorney and read judicial opinions for a living and the Florida Supreme
>Court is the one that's a joke.

David Grey is also an attorney. Based on your repeated mouthing of senseless
bullshit I can tell you that I would not retain you if you were the last
attorney on earth. Beyond that, the entire matter should have never gone to
court. Florida should have been allowed to count their own ballots they way
their own laws set forth. But no - Saddam knew he would lose any fair counting
so he went to court - something he said he would *not* do (yet another lie) and
fought to have the counting stopped. You can quote margins in different courts
but the truth is it took 4 appeals to US Circuit courts (all of which but 1
failed) and 2 appeals to the SCROTUS before Saddam could be "annointed"
president.

bozak

Jan 28, 2001, 5:39:58 PM1/28/01

> Oh, that's rich! After 8 years of Clinton and the candidate who invented
> the internet

you are pathetic... you are a stooopid christian right winged moron...
the truth doesnt matter to you... the only things that matters is what the
moronic leaders of your bigoted party tell you... you are nothing more
than a programmed republibot... nice knowing you moron...

SK

Jan 28, 2001, 5:47:02 PM1/28/01
Lawrence wrote:

> Yeah, Gore's father, you know, the SENATOR, certainly had nothing to do with
> keeping li'l Al out of trouble or landing him his "correspondents" job in
> Vietnam (complete with bodyguard, I might add.)

If going to Vietnam as a photographer (with or without bodyguard)
is qualified as cowardly in your book, what does that make W.
Bush, who went missing for a year serving the Alabama National
Guard (and convienently avoiding 'Nam)? Hey, if you Repubs ripped
Clinton for draft-dodging, please show the same courtesy for your
new Commander-in-Thief.

SK

Jan 28, 2001, 5:53:54 PM1/28/01
I believe that W went to Yale, not Harvard. Minor correction.

Jeff Mayner

Jan 28, 2001, 7:06:28 PM1/28/01

> I believe that W went to Yale, not Harvard. Minor correction.

Minor correction II:

He attended both, we think.

Jeff

Rick

Jan 28, 2001, 10:39:31 PM1/28/01
<< Branden Wolner >>

wrote

<< If it means keeping a lying sack of shit like Bush out of the White House
then
I am all for it. >>

woo-hoo, Brando the Elitist.

Don Waller

Jan 28, 2001, 11:30:54 PM1/28/01

Terraholm wrote:

> Oh no, their votes should count less because of where they live....=)

To an extent we do, because of the Electoral College. According to an article
in Rolling Stone (that happens to be sitting here so I can quote it) 'The
historian Alex Keyssar has noted that each South Dakota elector represents
about 232,000 people. Each New York Elector speaks for 550,000 people.'

> Maybe the repubs can change the laws back so only white male landowners can
> vote....

I think that's the -second- item on 5-4's agenda. ;-]

To veer back to hoops for a second, was Fox badly hurt? I saw him take that
fall on his shoulder, but didn't hear anything.

Lawrence

Lawrence

Jan 28, 2001, 11:43:21 PM1/28/01
Another attack based entirely on logic and reality. Do you believe
EVERYTHING the Democrats tell you. Sounds like the beginnings of a good
article for Paul Begala.

--
Lawrence

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teenage boys."
- P.J. O'Rourke

"Branden Wolner" <dewe...@netzero.net> wrote in message

Lawrence

Jan 28, 2001, 11:46:39 PM1/28/01
Well, we would never had gotten to the U.S. Supreme Court (where 7 justices,
by the way, agreed on the unconstitutionality of the Florida recount scheme)
if 4 Florida justices hadn't decided to ignore the U.S. Constitution. The
Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court, who dissented from the opinion,
stated that he was sure the Florida Court's action would be reversed. He
was right. The Florida Supreme Court is where the political hacks reside.

And, for what it's worth, every organization that has recounted the votes
has come up with more votes for W.

--
Lawrence

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teenage boys."
- P.J. O'Rourke

"Branden Wolner" <dewe...@netzero.net> wrote in message

Lawrence

Jan 28, 2001, 11:48:30 PM1/28/01
What a bitter little man you sound like. Hope you enjoy the next 4 years as
much as I enjoyed the last 8.

And what is a guy who wants to abolish the internal combustion engine (Earth
in the Balance) doing "establishing" the petroleum reserve?

--
Lawrence

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teenage boys."
- P.J. O'Rourke
"Branden Wolner" <dewe...@netzero.net> wrote in message

Lawrence

Jan 28, 2001, 11:50:28 PM1/28/01
She's no babe, but she's better looking than Hillary.

--

> In article <JXBc6.5074$OR1.5...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> lstr...@nospamjuno.com says...
> >

> > I'm pretty sure that's a position he's been in many times before with
> >many "dogs" -- let's see, Monica, Paula, Juanita, Gennifer, ...
> >
> Hillary? BTW, Laura Bush ain't no looker herself.

Don Waller

Jan 31, 2001, 1:32:00 AM1/31/01
She looks like she needs a good dusting.

What's the word? Oh, yeah - dowdy.