they are BACK!!!

ikw

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

Yep they are back the real TEXAS STRANGERS.
I cannot belive how bad they are,reminds me of the 70's aall
over again.

Like Galloway said tonight if they screw around and lose Pudge
They might as well not even play here next year,but knowing MELVIN
he cost too much??How in the hell can Pudge cost too much if
they pay STRIKE OUT PALMER $ 5 Million..
This team needs an overhaul, send Palmer some place NANTUCKET
sounds real good, OATES thought he needed a day off
please give him the rest of the season off please Johnny please.
well if this is sooo long till next time like 25 years from now when we
will see another CINDERELA..

BYE BYE STRANGERS I hate to see you go
bye bye strangers but please fold and make us look like complete
idiots by saying WE WILL WIN WE will play hard
bye bye STRANGERS you are becoming very borring.

Krudge

Jul 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/24/97

In article <01bc971f$785be540$ac4e...@ikw.cyberramp.net>, i...@cyberramp.net
says...

>Yep they are back the real TEXAS STRANGERS.
>I cannot belive how bad they are,reminds me of the 70's aall
>over again.
>
>Like Galloway said tonight if they screw around and lose Pudge
>They might as well not even play here next year,but knowing MELVIN
>he cost too much??How in the hell can Pudge cost too much if
>they pay STRIKE OUT PALMER $ 5 Million..

The REAL obscenity is the big bucks they gave Pavlik, a 6.something era
noodle arm who gives up 15 run innings (ok so Im exaggerating, but not by
much). I can put up with Palmer because if they hang on to Tatis, this guy
might be an extra bat who can fill in when they unload Palmer's big
contract...Especially when you consider that Melvin was feeling the fans out
on how a Wade-Boggs-who-is-3-years-past-due-for-retirement for Palmer would
go over. (which is the same crap that has gone on in the Rangers
organization for years and years).

>This team needs an overhaul, send Palmer some place NANTUCKET
>sounds real good, OATES thought he needed a day off
>please give him the rest of the season off please Johnny please.
>well if this is sooo long till next time like 25 years from now when we
>will see another CINDERELA..
>
>BYE BYE STRANGERS I hate to see you go
>bye bye strangers but please fold and make us look like complete
>idiots by saying WE WILL WIN WE will play hard
>bye bye STRANGERS you are becoming very borring.

I doubt just dumping Palmer will be the solution. This team's PITCHING
STINKS, period. When Bobby Witt is the ace of your staff, you know you have
problems.

Hell every team, even Seattle goes through games where they can't seem to
score more than a couple of runs. What you CANT do is consistently give up 5
and 6 runs a game, often times in 1 early inning and expect to win
consistently.

I'd never thought I'd see the day when I wished Kevin Gross would come back.