Arroyo sent down to AAA

Awesome Giants

Jun 5, 2017, 4:56:02 AM6/5/17
Wow, I'm really surprised no one mentioned this, and no
reaction/comment from anyone. Arroyo was treated like the 2nd coming
of Willie Mays for a month, then suddenly demoted.

But maybe that's for the best, as he's not getting any playing time
right now anyway. Might as well get some ABs in AAA.

And at the rate the Giants are going, Arroyo might be back real soon.

But maybe a full year at AAA would do him a lot of good too. Maybe
he'll fulfill his destiny next year, becoming the hitter we want him to
be. Like Ben said, maybe it was one year too soon.

Interestingly, sounds like Strickland's suspension appeal also played a
small role.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/06/04/giants-prospect-christian-arroyo-
knows-what-he-must-improve-as-he-yields-his-roster-spot-to-hunter-
pence/

Even though the Giants are in disarray, but as a bay area sports fan,
it's pretty hard to be in a bad mood right now. :-D

poldy

Jun 5, 2017, 3:53:53 PM6/5/17
Maybe he'll juice up.

You know there are sluggers still doing it.

Seems like Giants power just dried up. Ah for the days of Bonds, Kent,
Burks, etc.

ari...@bellsouth.net

Jun 5, 2017, 8:12:02 PM6/5/17
not to mention Aurillia

Awesome Giants

Jun 6, 2017, 3:09:11 AM6/6/17
As do non-sluggers and pitchers.

> Seems like Giants power just dried up. Ah for the days of Bonds,
> Kent, Burks, etc.

Bonds' team was always near the top in offense, but never won a
championship. They got into the playoff a lot though.

They usually hit well in Milwaukee. Even Aoki went nuts in
Milwaukee that one year he was here. Come to think of it, as sad as
LF is right now, Aoki would look pretty good out there for us.

John Walsh

Jun 9, 2017, 2:37:12 AM6/9/17
First thety ruin his confidence and then they send him back down. The
way he handled the first week and the strike zone, he showed promise,
but they didn't seem to do anything to correct his problems. I put
that on Hensley Fucking Muelens.