this time the giants avoided the cubs comeback as Crawford handled the double play ball perfectly unlike the playoffs.

ari...@bellsouth.net

May 23, 2017, 11:34:55 AM5/23/17
If he misses the DP ball, and screws up the play, like in the playoffs, the giants probably lose again. Nice to hold off the surging cubs. Winning despite playing with a replacement outfield.

John Walsh

May 23, 2017, 9:33:08 PM5/23/17
On Tue, 23 May 2017 08:34:54 -0700 (PDT), ari...@bellsouth.net wrote:

>If he misses the DP ball, and screws up the play, like in the playoffs, the giants probably lose again. Nice to hold off the surging cubs. Winning despite playing with a replacement outfield.

They also avoided being in a bigger hole when Blach got the out after
Gorkys "Mendoza" Hernandez dove for a ball and proved that he's needs
a seeing eye dog to track down a flybal (triple).l

ari...@bellsouth.net

May 24, 2017, 2:08:24 AM5/24/17
On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 11:34:55 AM UTC-4, ari...@bellsouth.net wrote:
> If he misses the DP ball, and screws up the play, like in the playoffs, the giants probably lose again. Nice to hold off the surging cubs. Winning despite playing with a replacement outfield.

stupid dive, but I was referring to the error (rare error) that Crawford made in our implosion game vs. the Cubs last year in the playoffs.