IGP 6/10/17 - Samardzija is 2-8

John Walsh

Jun 10, 2017, 6:53:14 PM6/10/17
The Giants give him a 1-0 and he proceeds to give up a 1-run homer in
the 4th and a 2-run homer in the 5th. Jon Miller called it a hard luck
story, but when you pitch for the Giants, you don't have much wiggle
room with giving up runs.

The Giants struggled to get 6 hits and that produced 2 runs.

Giants 2 Twins 3

Awesome Giants

Jun 12, 2017, 9:43:22 AM6/12/17
Samardzija is kinda like Cain, not worth defending, but just wanna
point out what the cain fanboy is doing here. Samardzija gave up 3
runs, which is not great but not bad either, yet this cain fanboy
clown blames him for this game. Then the next day Cain totally
stank up the joint, and not a word was mentioned about him. Bias to
the max. What a sorry ass. :-)

Also, people with a brain don't use win/loss records to judge a
pitcher anymore, only the dumbasses do that, because W/L record
depends a lot on run support. You'd think the cain fanboys know
that since they use that as an excuse every chance they get for
Cain, even invented the word "cained" just for this purpose. Can
you say hyprocrite? LOL.

Case in point: With a decent offense, Samardzija should've gotten a
win or at worst a no-decision on Saturday. And Cain totally
deserved a loss but got a no-decision. He even would've gotten a
win had he been able to hang around for a few more innings.

And Bumgarner is 0-3 even though he has a 3.00 ERA, which shows how
worthless W/L records are. Cain's ERA (5.22) is almost a whole
point worse than Samardzija (4.31), yet Cain has a better W/L record
due to better run support.

And shockingly, Samardzija right now has a better ERA than Cueto,
Moore, and Cain. He only trails Blach.

ERA
Blach 3.64
Samardzija 4.31
Cueto 4.33
Cain 5.22
Moore 5.28

And even more shockingly, Samardzija's beating everyone on WHIP at
the moment:

WHIP
Samardzija 1.121
Blach 1.150
Cueto 1.284
Moore 1.507
Cain 1.652 (Cain fanboys, close your eyes...)

In case you think I'm a Samardzija fan, I'm not. But if someone is
doing well, I think he deserves the credit, just like Cain did in
April.