Giants call up their "new" phenom.

benf8...@aol.com

Jun 1, 2017, 6:06:07 PM6/1/17
Austin Slater called up to play LF.
When do they call up Chris Shaw, Jae Ryu Hwang, and Tyler Beede?

ari...@bellsouth.net

Jun 1, 2017, 10:14:59 PM6/1/17
who is going down

bdra...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2017, 2:16:14 PM6/2/17
On Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 4:06:07 PM UTC-6, benf8...@aol.com wrote:
> Austin Slater called up to play LF.
> When do they call up Chris Shaw, Jae Ryu Hwang, and Tyler Beede?

Grant at McCovey Chronicles was speculating on a DFA for either Gorkys or Justin Ruggiano, as Slater is not on the 40 man, so they'll have to make a move. The might manage to put someone on the DL, but otherwise they'll have to put someone through waivers. Aaron Hill might be another option; he hasn't done much.

At this point, the giants must be listening to trade offers for Cueto. He'll surely exercise his out at the end of this season. I would guess they'll target teams with rich farm systems who are in a win now mode. This means that we might well get some good prospects in exchange for his Dreadness. Likely better than a compensation pick next years when someone signs him as a FA.

Once that's done, we'll likely see Beede.

-BWD.