another brutal loss.

ari...@bellsouth.net

Jul 16, 2017, 2:06:18 AM7/16/17
the worst way to lose is on a game winning hit by hector sanchez. Not only that but buster came within a foot or two of a grand slam. The Sanchez homer reminded me of the dinger hit off of jeremy affeldt a few years ago. This must be the second game winning hit Sanchez has vs the giants this year. All their guys who hit dingers were batting with very low averages. giants had so many chances to score more runs early in the game, and they choked. After Posey's missed grand slam with the bases loaded, the lead off hitter next inning starts off with a double. How so the giants continue to let ex players kill them. the fact that both homers by the pads prior to the ninth inning came with two strikes on the batter, and were curve balls. suggests to me that teams are still stealing our signs or sometimes our pitchers are tipping their pitches. July 15, 2017, and Bumgarner still without a win. Not like the giants were hitting against scherzer or Kershaw.

Awesome Giants

Jul 16, 2017, 7:48:38 AM7/16/17
ari...@bellsouth.net wrote:

> the worst way to lose is on a game winning hit by hector sanchez.

Are you sure about that? Worse than last year's NLDS Game 4 against
the Cubs? Worse than 2002 WS Game 6?

Another nice outing by Bumgarner wasted, although it might require some
intelligence to realize he's having a nice, though short, season. His
ERA+ is 131. His WHIP is 1.029. His ERA is 3.18. He never gave up
more than 3 runs in a game this season, at least not at the mlb level.
:-) He easily could've been 5-0 right now with a competent offense.
And he's giving up HRs at a lower rate than Kershaw.

BTW, Samardzija has given up the exact same number of HRs as Kershaw
this year. Chew on that for a bit. :-)

John Walsh

Jul 16, 2017, 2:36:52 PM7/16/17
Bit in the ass by another Sanchez. Gearrin didn't have to put the ball
where Sanchez could get a good shot at it. It doesn't matter if they
steal signals, as long as the pitcher has good control.