Is Strickland joining wayne?

Awesome Giants

Jul 17, 2017, 3:07:38 AM7/17/17
D Rays sent scout to see Giants' Strickland pitch in San Diego. So,
will Strickland be joinging wayne's bowling team soon?

Maybe the Duffman too, when he comes off DL. That would be *some*
bowling team!

benf8...@aol.com

Jul 17, 2017, 12:11:58 PM7/17/17
I would find that a joke. Who the hell would want to waste a scout's time to watch Strictland?

John Walsh

Jul 17, 2017, 8:13:21 PM7/17/17
On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 09:11:57 -0700 (PDT), "benf8...@aol.com"
<benf8...@aol.com> wrote:

>I would find that a joke. Who the hell would want to waste a scout's time to watch Strictland?

Aside from his combustible temper, all he needs is a sport
psychiatrist to be a good reliever. The whole damn bullpen outside of
Dyson needs a good shrink.

I read Daft's article about the Fish checking out Stricklland on
Grant's site. Grant wrote ... "Whereas you see a pitcher who’s been a
part of a failing bullpen, other teams see a pitcher with high
velocity, a career 2.48 ERA, and the ability to strike out a batter
per inning."

Awesome Giants

Jul 19, 2017, 6:22:45 AM7/19/17
"benf8...@aol.com" <benf8...@aol.com> wrote:

> I would find that a joke. Who the hell would want to waste a
> scout's time to watch Strictland?

It's interesting. We watch them everyday and know they're not that
good, but some of them have good stats so other teams can get fooled.

For example, Kontos who's been killing us lately, has a decent 3.15 ERA
and 1.248 WHIP. Gearrin has a 2.23 ERA. Strickland has an awesome
1.91 ERA, and other teams know he throws in the high 90s, so I can see
why other teams can be interested. But then his WHIP is 1.455!

Awesome Giants

Jul 21, 2017, 2:18:01 AM7/21/17
Turns out OJ will be the one joining wayne's bowling team in Florida
when he gets out on parole. Good choice, OJ. :-D